Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radiotherapy Tattoo Dots Removal

14 REPLIES 14
Evie-S
Community Champion

Re: Radiotherapy Tattoo Dots Removal

Thanks again Michele, that’s helpful to know - I wasn’t sure where to start looking. Xx

Optimisticmz

Hi Evie. I live in Kent and have a monthly facial at a salon and she offers tattoo removal. I am being charged a "token" amount to have it removed. I am very impressed with the results x

Evie-S
Community Champion

Thanks so much as well Michele, I didn’t realise how easy it would be to get them removed and had resigned myself to keeping them. How did you go about finding someone to do the layering? Evie xx

Optimisticmz

Good Morning. I thought I would jump on this thread & let you know my experience. I was diagnosed with BC in 2017 and recently decided to have my middle dot, which was a blue blob, lasered. I have had two sessions and it's now barely visible so I don't think I will have any more sessions. As Neensa said it's a quick zap and I had my sessions 4 weeks apart. I haven't bothered with the side dots as these are not noticeable. Michele X 

NeensA

No problem, I'll keep updating. it really is a 5 min job. They get zapped once you get a plaster and you're out. It heals in a day or two and you go back 3 weeks later and do it all again! x

Evie-S
Community Champion

Hi NeensA - thanks very much for the update, that’s great news that it’s working so well and especially that they are going to be able to get rid of the tattoos totally. I had got used to having mine, but actually if I’d love to be rid of them. Evie xx

NeensA

Hello,

Thought I'd give you a little update. I've now had two sessions and the dots have faded by about 40%. I think two more sessions and they'll be gone. Really please with the results so far.

x

NeensA

Sure, the process is called Picosure which is a laser removal process. They did the process on one of the dots and it felt like a little electric shock for about a second and that was it. It's a bit red today but not sore. I go back in a couple of weeks to get them all done and I'll update you.

Evie-S
Community Champion

@NeensA - thank you very much for sharing this info, that’s so lovely to hear that the clinic will remove the dots for free. I will look into it. I’d be interested to hear more about the removal process once you’ve had it done if you are happy to share. Evie xx

NeensA

Hi,

Had my patch test today. I paid an initial £25 upfront consolation fee but they are doing the removal for free. May take a few sessions but won't have to pay anything. Over the moon.

Place is called Epilium & Skin, 25-27 George Street, W1U 3QA 0207 486 5134. They were absolutely lovely. I've checked and the free service is available to everyone who's had breast cancer.

Hope this helps.

NeensA

Will do, I've got my first consultation next Friday.

Sparkle123

Please post back with what you find out. I’d like mine gone too!

NeensA

Thanks Zoe. I've a consultation booked for Mid April now so I can share when I find out.

ZoeK_BCN
Community Manager

Hi NeensA,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry you haven't had any response yet. I am hoping my response will help our members to see your post and help you with your question.

Sending you our best wishes,

Zoe

NeensA

Radiotherapy Tattoo Dots Removal

Hello,

I finished my radiotherapy a month ago and I'm keen to get rid of at least the middle tattoo dot. Can anyone recommend anywhere in London and let me know how much it should roughly cost please? I just called one place and they wanted me to pay a consultation fee but couldn't tell me how much it would cost overall.

Thanks very much