cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurrence of hardening scar tissue after lumpectomy and radiotherapy

2 REPLIES 2
HLA1972

Re: Recurrence of hardening scar tissue after lumpectomy and radiotherapy

Ahh thanks so much for your reply Gill3105. So sweet of you. 1 month on from my post I’m feeling much better, and my breast is feeling really good. I’ve even managed to bin my sports bras that I’ve worn since my Operations and Rads. Back in nice bras again, although not underwired. 

Something I have noticed though recently is my lack of appetite. Not like me at all tbh. Hope it sorts itself out soon too. 

Hope your doing great and take care xxx

Gill3105
Community Champion

Re: Recurrence of hardening scar tissue after lumpectomy and radiotherapy

Hi hla1972

sorry to hear you have the anxiety gremlins back again.  I am 11 month on from rads and 12 month on from surgery.  A month ago 2 weeks prior to my first mammo I felt similar to yourself albeit no stress, not that I can think of anyway.  By boob looked swollen, was hot to touch so rang bcn nurse and went to see her straight away. Turns out I had a post surgery infection.  11 month on.  Had ultra sound and was informed I had hardening of scar tissue but all ok.   2 x courses of antibiotics and now all good again.  Might be worth giving your bcn nurse a call to get checked out.  It could be a bit of fluid build up also.   I am no consultant or doctor but just reading your thread and symptoms seemed same as mine so though would just mention to get checked out.    Take care. Xxx 

HLA1972

Recurrence of hardening scar tissue after lumpectomy and radiotherapy

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced hardening of scar tissue and heavy breast 3 months after radiotherapy. I had 2 operations for DCIS and micro-invasion followed by 4 weeks of RT. My breast was doing really well and had started to really soften and I was feeling brilliant until earlier this week when I became extremely stressed and anxious due to an issue with my parents in law (caused by mother in laws drink problem) and now I feel back to square one!! My breast has swollen up, is very hot, heavy and hard - leaving me feeling v down and so worried of recurrence. 

Many help or advice would be great, thanks so much xxx