Weight gain on Letrozole??

Hi All

I have been on Letrozole since February and whilst trying on Xmas tops suddenly noticed that 

I and have gained so much weight, especially around my abdomen- was not like this before, anyone else expericing this??

It looks horrible under tops and I really do not want to wear black tops to disguise it.

Feeling 

<li-spoiler>:womanmad:</li-spoiler>

Hi lisad

Sorry that you havent had a response yet.  It may be because there are conversations about Letrazole elsewhere on the site.  A particular conversation, Side effects of Letrazole, may be of particular interest to you.  It is a long thread, but it has lots of shared experiences as well as individual tips of how to manage the side effects.

If it would help to talk to someone, please do call our free Helpline, 0808 800 6000, to talk with one of our experts.  Or, you may prefer to post in the Ask Our Nurse area of the Forum.

Best wishes
Anna
Digital Community Officer

Hi, i have the isuue too but i didn’t know it is because of letrozole.

Hi,

I started taking letrozole July 2017. I have gained 40 plus pounds inside one year. The weight is all around my middle. I have been a vegan for almost two years. I have seemed to have develooed a sweet tooth. Mit happy about that. I feel very down about the weight gain. My clothes are all too tight. I don’t go out too much. I keep my oncologist appointments, go to the grocery store. Basically only go where I really have to go because I don’t like how I look.

My family and and my best friend tells me not to stress about my weight, that I should be happy that I am still alive. I’m sure I don’t need to say I do stress about my weight.

I don’t know what to do