Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chemo curl

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: chemo curl

Just wanted to share this with you all my friend who is hairdresser used some cloud 9 hair straighteners on my curls 😁😁😁sorted them out with one swish 👍👍I’ve bought some and ❤️❤️❤️Love having shiny straight hair again 😁😁😁yipeeeeeeeee💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💕💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Judith

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll just have to live with it then 😏

Actually went for a run today! I'm going to feel better about myself and only I can change my weight...that's how I feel today anyway! Ha.

Becks xx

Highlighted

Hi All, I'm now two years on from finishing my chemo and my curls are curlier than ever! In the 1980's I'd have paid good money for them - lol. I've not had it cut since it started growing back and it's now about five inches below my shoulders when it's straightened, not that it lasts for long like that. When it first grew back is was snow white and I loved the pixie style, but then as it grew it became the classic granny perm. My dark brown colour came back although with lots of silver 'highlights' I've found that it doesn't really matter what I do, the curl is very dominant, so I'm just going with it. The longer it gets the better as the weight of it helps pull it a bit straighter, but on the positive side, I can wash it, add mousse, and just leave it - people comment on how lovely the curl is. Before the chemo it was very long and straight, nearly to my waist. It has grown quickly but is a lot finer than before. Hubby is a hairdresser and he says he's noticed there's a lot of new hair coming through even now, so hopefully it will eventually thicken back up. Sadly, I still can't seem to shift the chemo weight, a combo of the steroids, tamoxifen and being thrown head first into the menopause. Stick with it - it will grow quite quickly Judith x
Highlighted

Hi Ladies,

I finished chemo end of Nov 2018. Had 1 hair cut since. Mine is so curly! Driving me mad. I still haven't lost the weight I put on through treatment and no look like I've an old lady's perm going on! Looked so much better when it first grew in a pixie cut and everyone loved it. My hair was really long before all this so I would like to get a bit of length back. Sick of wearing head bands and scarves to make it look decent. 😏

B x

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi tattyed ❤️❤️ I’ve found that Aussie miracle moisture and then the L’Oréal serum good followed by the straighteners after drying works well 👍👍also getting it straightened at the hairdressers a few time too helps 👍👍the curls have driven me 🤪🤪🤪🤪but then you know I was 🤪🤪🤪anyway we have to just go through this Suzie Quattro mullet to get it long enough to straighten 💪💪you can do it, I know you can beautiful 😘😘💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi ladies 

I’m going through the same chemo curl, my hair suddenly grew back in Feb, it’s a lovely salt and pepper pixie, however curls keep coming through. The hairdresser has cut them out, however they are coming back again. 

I’m embracing mine, and keep being complimented on my hair. 

The body is remarkable. 😁😁

Highlighted

I finished chemo in June 18 and it took until Jan this year to get a hair cut. Since then I've had it cut 2 more times and I've noticed the curls have suddenly gone to waves. There again that could be the drugs I am on. What's weird is the 1st time I had chemo back in 2003 I didn't get "chemo curl"

X

Highlighted

My curls are getting worse, heading to the hairdressers on Friday to get some of them snipped off....x.Finished chemo May 2018, finished herceptin Feb 2019. 

Highlighted

chemo curl

hi, just wondering how long it takes for hair to lose the “chemo curls”. - im not embracing mine at all