Any one in or around County Durham / Cleveland Area

Hi everyone,
I just spent half an hour replying and then it came up there was a problem so this is a test reply,
love Kxxx

Think I know what the problem was, I had the forums opened twice!

Sorry I haven’t been on line but just had a holiday in Spain and got back Sunday. Had dreaded 1st anniversary mammo at Darlington on monday and get results on 16th when I have appointment with my lovely surgeon Mr Brookstein.Still have niggly doubts its back but hopefully I’m wrong and its just the after effects of rads!

Lynne. 3rd chemo, so are you half way through? And you are working! I must be such a wimp, I couldn’t have! My first chemo I was in a side ward but after that I was in the circle and met a great bunch! In fact we used to try to arrange our times so we would be together.

Judy-Have you got your bone scan results yet? And have you had your neck lump checked out? I developed a lump on the front of my neck, the size of a golf ball! I googled it and of course only had months left to live! Rang my bc nurse who told me to come straight through to my breast clinic at Darlington, where my surgeon told me it was nothing to do with bc but my thyroid gland! Where I broke down in tears with relief but until they scanned it and was told it was a “multi nodular goitre” (how disgusting does that sound) I was scared stiff!

Jossie- hope ops have gone ok? (((((x))))

Marge - I’m old too , 51! I’m sure we have spoken before xx

The NE girls on the other site are having a meet on the 4th,
Take Care
love K
xxx

Hi K,

Yeah half way through for me! Last one should be end of Nov!! Im still working though, my employers have been great and given me extra sick days so i get my chemo on weds and return to work on Mondays…

How was the holiday?? bet it was lovely being away. How come you have to wait that long for results? is that normal?

I wish the Moderaor on this site would advise on how we can all get together somehow!

JudyG - Im hoping your ok, been thinking bout you…

Take Care too…

Lynne.x

If you really want to get together - and I can vouch for the benefit of meeting up - then you need a way to communicate.
The BCPALS site I have spoken of before is a chatty site and allows more private contacts but also includes a regional section where you can safely organise your meetings.
Why not take a look?

Hi Ladies,

Hoping your all well.

JudyG - Hoping your ok too, havent heard from you and just hoping everything went ok with scan etc.

Morgaine - what is the website for BCPALS??

Dianne - hoping you have booked a lovely holiday away now youve finished chemo.

Lynne.x

Hi Lynne,

The site Morgaine is talking about is www.bcpals.org.uk

I’m still worrying about Judy!

Judy, hope you are ok,

Love K
xxx

Hi K,

Thanks for that, will have a look now.

As for your questions, yeah Im still working. I dont think I could stay off to be honest, I think I would sit at home at think about horrible things. Plus I dont get paid to be off sick more than 4 weeks, and had already taken 4 weeks this year with sciatica. My bosses were kind enuf to give me another 30 days sick pay so I use those days after chemo. I have chemo on wed and return to work on Mondays.

How about you, were are you at in this journey?

And im concerned that we havent heard from Judy too…

Lynne.x

Hi Ladies,
So pleased to here you all doing well.
Sorry i haven’t been around much lately but thanks so much for all your concern. Back at uni and things are quite hectic. Only been back a week after break for summer and already feel like I’m getting behind. Didn’t realise how tired I get, last placement was really tough as was working 3 twelve hour shifts off the trot, but hey if i can fight cancer i can do anything :slight_smile:
Still had no results off bone scan but I was told it usually takes about a week so I’m just thinking if anything was wrong they would have been in touch by now.
Had lump on neck checked out by Doc he didn’t think it was anything sinister but cos I had been told that before he referred me for an ultrasound scan. I guess that department not concerned either cos haven’t heard anything about a date yet.
Thanks for info about support group at James Cook. Maybe we should think about that or some other group as a way of us all meeting up. Or maybe we should all check out that other BC website then maybe we can arrange something.
Look forward to hearing from all you ladies soon,
Take Care,
Love Judy X

Hi JudyG

Glad to hear from you.

Ive already checked out the other forum and it seems fab, they are all so welcoming - well when I find my way around the damn thing anyway.LOL

Hoping the rest of you are ok ladies.

Lynne

Hi Judy,
Glad you are ok,good luck with results and scan,
love Kay
xxx

Judy, Jossie, Carol

Hope all are doing well, have any of you guys checked out the bcpals site? Its brill and allows you to make plans and set up meeting etc.
Jossie - How are you doing after the Ops?
Diane44 - how are you doing now? you ploughing through your RADS?

Hoping your all ok.

Lynne.x

Hi Lynne

Starting rads on Thursday but feeling really good at the moment thanks.

Diane x

Hi Diane,

Thats brilliant to hear. Please keep in touch and let me know how your getting on?

Has your hair started to show through yet?

Lynne.x

Hi Lynne

No such luck. I will start to get paranoid shortly if nowt happens tee hee. I am sure it will come back in its own sweet time, just as long as there is something there by christmas. Had first RAD by the way today, all went well. Mind you the shop in James Cook is really nice, have bought myself a wall clock already, will be skint by the end of treatment,

Diane x

Hi Ladies,
Ive been missing ya all. So busy lately but not too busy to think of ya all.
Finally got results of bone scan and all looks well. Thank God. Lump on neck gone now but had ultrasound on it anyway, I guess it was just a bit infection somewhere that’s cleared up of its own accord.
Don’t worry about ya hair Diane mine took about 2 months to start growing back after I finished chemo. So shouldn’t be long. Its hard to believe this time last year I was a skin head, Ive got quite a nice mop now lol :slight_smile: Hope you OK after first Rad today.
Shouldn’t belong before you finish your chemo now either Lynne, have you only got 2 to go. Looking back I find it hard to believe how much can happen to 1 person in such a sort time. Hopefully the journey makes us all stronger, better people.
Hope your doing well after ops Jossie.
Kay how did you get on with Doc on 16th. I hope everything was OK, I see you haven’t posted anything here since before appointment. Please let us know your OK.
Well I’m so slow still haven’t checked out other forum but I promise I will in next few days, then maybe we can all finally arrange to meet for that coffee.
Hope to see you all soon. Lynne, Diane, Kay, Jossie, Morgaine & all those others we haven’t heard from for a while. Debbie, Tasha, Cally, Suzee and any others I may of missed.
My thoughts & best wishes are never far away.
Take Care
Judy X

aw, thanks for your kind words Judy. Take care
Diane x

Hi girls,

This is starting to be like our own regional forum.

Judy so pleased your bone scan was ok and neck lump too. I bet you feel much better now knowing you are ok! Worry is sooooooooooooo draining!

I had my yearly check up with surgeon and he had a good old feel of my boobs and my armpits, felt down my spine, gave under my right ribs a prod (liver?).
He said the changes in my breast that I’d been worried about (orange peel skin, swelling and swollen aereola) was the result of rads. Phew, kay breathes massive sigh of relief. He said the swelling was fluid and would eventually go down and offered to give me something to put in the other side to even me up, which I didn’t bother with.He went and checked my mammo and said it was fine. So I dont see him for a year. I’ve got to chase up my appointment with onc Dr Hardman because I am to see him in march but appointment hasn’t come through. Only wish I’d been given a blood test too, might have felt more reassured.

We are looking at a meet perhaps in Durham soon?
Love to you all and good luck to all those undergoing treatment and waiting results,
Love Kay
xxx

Just noticed this thread is in the younger womens forum, please dont kick me off as Im not young, Im not old either lol,

love Kay xxx

LOL we wouldnt kick you off here

Love lynne.x

Hi Kay,
don’t you go worrying about getting kicked off here. We have a nice little group here now and no-one is getting away. This thread maybe on the younger women’s listing but so what like you said the other day this is like our own regional forum lol. Anyway what is a couple of years between friends.
I still haven’t been on other site so better get my finger out in case I miss this get together. I assume that is where it will be arranged. Hartlepool closer to me but I don’t mind Durham, I have transport so not a problem. I may get lost though as don’t know my way about there. All you ladies will have to come and find me Lol :slight_smile:
Hope you all doing well, take care, speak soon.
Love Judy X