anyone fancy joining me on a diet ?

Hi Fiz Biz

Another recruit here but I have to say there is no way I will be able to do anything till after xmas/new year, I was really poorly last year during the festive period so i am gonna make the most of it this year !!!

Mince pies, roast potatoes, stuffing, xmas cake, chocolates etc etc

But come the 2nd january I will be with you all, I need to lose about 3 stone at least, I have actually ballonned and have never been so large !!!

My surgeon has told me he won’t do my reconstruction until I lose weight - joy !!!

Anyone else in the same boat ?

Fatty Jackie xxxx

Hi Everyone

I’m always dieting and I am getting very fed up as I am putting on weight, have put on 9lbs since Sept when I went on Arimidex, came off Tamoxifen as I complained that I was putting on weight, so now I am even more depressed, I’m going to see GP tomorrow, as prior to BC DX Dec 07, I was on a weight reduction programme, had lost a stone 1/2. During chemo, FEC I lost weight, 1 stone, then on TAX and RADS, I put it on. I have started exercising and am swimming 2 or 3 times a week.

In Sept I was also DX with under active thyroid so I am now on Thyroxine. I am really frustrated as I feel like I am blowing up like a barrage balloon, my diet is healthy and I mostly eat the right things. My clothes are all too tight and clothes I bought for work in Sept fitted me comfortably are now too tight. Any body got any tips? Will see if GP has any ideas?
Wondered if it’s too do with the Lipids increased by Arimidex.

What a choice gain weight, or stop the pills and risk BC?

Will keep in touch.

Sarah

Argh! Put on 2 lbs. Not that I’ve been doing my ww.

Funny you should say about processed lf food, FB; I find I go for all the natural stuff on WW and cook from fresh a lot more. I just don’t add much fat and eat a ton of veg. It’s not radically different to normal, I suppose - a bit of portion control, no sweet snacks, MUCH less booze and less carbs.

Am back on the tamoxifen now so I must get back on track.

I’ve made the smallest xmas cake and puds ever so we can still have a taste of xmas without ending up big fat biffas! Anyone else made any xmas concessions? I was also gonna try some filo mincemeat parcels.

Well, after a week of our communal dieting Ihave put on another 2lb :-0 Oh Well…
Please PinkyAnne, can you tell me more about the Arimidex/lipids thing you mentioned? Zoe x

I stayed the same, but had hoped to lose the 2 pounds I put on last week.
Anne

hi guys

well I definitely lost some weight by changing scales ! how wonderful … it has given me a big boost which is completely illogical but hey ho!

I now weigh ONLY 12:13 - in English …

Am not weighing myself for a week - next weigh in due on Thursday

As going down the gym is a no-no I am trying to be more active - have tidied up the house quite a bit - the cat has noticed unnatural behaviour! … he´s worried!

Have got a lot more energy now i´ve had a rest …must get away more …

Am trying not to think about the diet and only eat when hungry … hard when it´s so blooming cold!

Good luck everyone … think I´ll make a nice chilli this week …
pinky - are you selling your mini cakes ???

love FB XXX

by the way - I kicked my cold with only paracetamol - am over the moon that my immune system was up to it!

I haven’t weighed myself but can do up another button on my trousers … but only when standing up …

… progress none the less!!! … and far less embarrassing …
love FB Xx

lost half a pound tonight. No chance of my half stone loss for Christmas now. Oh well, at least I didn’t put any more on!

Anne

well done that woman … losing half a pound the week before christmas is FAB !!!

only 2 more weeks of resisting temptation and then no-one offers it to you anyway

the way I am looking at is half a pound a week is 2 pound a month is a stone in 6 months or half a stone by easter

considering that we can’t throw ourselves round the gym then I’d be happy with that

I am trying to :

• drink more water
  • eat slightly smaller portions
  • do a bit more exercise of the housework variety - especially tidying - it’s quite surprising how much work that is - I keep walking up and down the stairs - well it helps if you are as naturally messy as we are!

good luck this week

keep going

have a celebratory carrot stick! - chop it up and put it on a cocktail stick so it looks lovely!

good luck
love FB Xx

Thank you FB! I do normally spend a long time at the gym but because I had a really bad cold last week, I didn’t spend much time there at all. I did do 40 minutes this morning. I finished chemo and rads late last year and have just finished Herceptin, so apart from the dreadful aching joints with Arimidex I have no excuse not to exercise!! I am also back at work, albeit part time now, but my job isn’t very active.
I am really trying to lose a decent amount over the next few weeks as we have booked a fabulous holiday to India for the Spring and I want to look and feel good for that!
Good luck
Anne

sounds good - I’m sure you could still look 90% as fab even if you don’t lose all the weight but feel happy about yourself

good luck
love FB xx

Hi evryone, please count me in, too…but after Christmas!

I also need to lose 2 1/2 stone, like you Fizbix. I seem to have been eating more choc than usual, since chemo finished, perhaps because I can actually taste it now!
I find that if I eat less bread I lose wieght, so I’m trying to have fruit salad with greek-style yogurt for breakfast, instead of my usual 2 slices of toast.
I hate being 13 stone, my clothes don’t fit me and I can’t afford to buy new ones! So, there’s a good incentive. Half a stone by easter would be fantastic.I always say it goes on slowly so it’s best that it comes off slowly.
Have a great Christmas everyone…don’t go mad on the choccies!
A. x

Hi everyone

I am pleased to announce that I have gone from 12:13 to 12:12 - a WHOLE POUND!

not much I know but at least it’s only 6 more to go until Easter!

good luck one and all
love FB xx

Congrats FB, well done

Whoo, hoo ladies! Sounds like a fair weightloss going on.

Am as smug as a smug thing this week! I wondered why my work trousers felt too big, and (Ta-daaaa) I now weigh less than I have for 3 years! 10 stone 6. Really chuffed…and then I went to a party/reception that I’d organised at work and ate sooo many canapes and had 3 glasses of cava. Oh well, it’s just the once. I’m now 16lbs down and 7 to go and feeling so very much better for it. The only down side is that I had been wearing ‘fat’ clothes for so long, I’d given away quite a few ‘thin’ clothes and could do with having them back!

Funny you should mention selling the xmas cakes, FB. I’d been toying with the idea of making a huuuuuuge cake and selling it by the slice for charity, as I find that the bigger the cake, the better it tastes. However, I was too tired to make the damn thing so one mini cake is all I’ve done, as the mixing was only a 10 min job.

The lipids/Arimidex thing was Sarah, not me. However, I looked it up in the British National Formulary (the drug book that your GP will look at) and it says:
ANASTROZOLE (that’s the generic drug name)
Contra-indications pregnancy and breast-feeding; moderate or severe hepatic disease; moderate or severe renal impairment; not for premenopausal women

Side-effects hot flushes, vaginal dryness, vaginal bleeding, hair thinning, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache, arthralgia, bone fractures, rash (including Stevens-Johnson syndrome); asthenia and drowsiness—may initially affect ability to drive or operate machinery; slight increases in total cholesterol levels reported; very rarely allergic reactions including angioedema and anaphylaxis

…so the lipid thing looks to be a slight increase in blood cholesterol levels and the list of potential side-effects is a bit off-putting. Does that help at all?

Take care everyone and I hope we don’t put on too much over the festive season!
a
x

Well done FB and PinkyAnn. I daren’t weigh in next week as had 2 Christmas meals out yesterday and quite a lot of wine and cocktails too. I can’t cope with temptation!
AnnaG - good luck with the diet after Christmas. Your name and mine are so similar, even I am not sure whether it’s you or me - and I don’t think I can claim chemo brain after all this time!
Anne

well done pinky anne!

I had an “offical” weigh by the hospital on frday and I had put on 8 kg since I started chemo - I think it would have been 4 chemo, 3 radio, 3 after and lost 2 after that!

speak soon

good luck everyone
love FB xx - the days are almost getting longer too !!! - love it when that happens

Hi all
I have just been looking at this thread…I dont come here very much now … but i would like to join
i need to loose about 12lb, am on Tamoxifen and I reckon that is the reason why I cant get rid of the weight from being on treatment from last january.

Can i come back in the new year and lose weight with you all. I will give you my weight AFTER C’mas and then try losing weight with you all :slight_smile:

I have been trying to exercise with Wii Fit 3 x a week and cycle to and from work 4 days a week. I enjoy swimming but only when its warm …

Thanks Fizbix for starting this and you all for supporting each other.

Happy christmas!
Jan

Hi Ladies

Can I join too I am doing WW and have managed to lose 7lb so far but it is much harder going than before but hey ho at least it is coming off all be it slowly. I am having a break for Christmas I had such a rubbish one last year I intend to enjoy every moment of this one, so will start again in the New Year. Have an appointment with PS on 2nd Jan so that should add motivation me thinks.

Love and hugs to all

Karen

XXX