anyone fancy joining me on a diet ?

hi all

welcome all!

looks like we´ll be busy after christmas! … enjoy it while you can!

love FB xx

Have you got room for another? I am on Tamoxifen ( 2 years) but know that it is the endless slices of bread and butter and packets of crisps that are my biggest downfall! I need to lose 4 stone…God it looks worse written down. Anyway…Happy Christmas everyone

Love
Debbie

I joined WW a couple of weeks a go but have put on six of the twelve pounds I have lost so will be joining you all too. Secret Santa bought me a pretty pink nightie in a smaller size with a note of encouragement, so have to rise to the challenge from my colleagues.

Have a good Christmas everyone.

Merlyn

Hi, may I join in too? I wasn’t using the forum so much but this is just what I need. I started ata Rosemary Conley class about a month before Christmas and lost about half a stone to get back to where I was ayear ago when the BC kicked off. Of course I have put on at least 2 lbs so far over christmas and the New Year is still to come but I realise I was feeling so much better doing the low fat diet than now. I don’t know whether my joints like the lack of lubrication but I know they will like the lower weight. I can’t do the exercises yet as waiting for result of MRI on back as my sciatica is getting steadily worse. Maybe the Arimidex is affecting it ? I’ll be brave and admit I welgh 14 stone 3 lbs so there is a long way to go. good luck to all of you and I hope we can help each other. Happy New Year to everyone.

Hi everyone and welcome jenny

Whilst I realise that as ever we are all going to chat about what ever we fnacy I was thinking that we could also do with a bit of structure on this one …

so I thought I’d chip in each week with a “food for thought” … excuse the pun …

if anyone has any ideas for future topics then just let me know … I’ll save them up and dish them out as appropriate …

in the meantime I thought we could all start to consider the following 2 questions - applies to those of us who have dieted before …
Based on previous diets/ sensible eating that you have done before jot down (and share if you want to!) … the following …

• what works well for you ?
  • what doesn’t work well for you ?
  • how realistic would it be for you to lose half a stone by easter ?

I’ll do mine first …

good luck everyone
love FB xx

WHAT WORKS WELL FOR ME

• cutting out sugar and sugar-based products
  • being more active - a bit of a challenge as I can;t go down the gym - but i can get off my bottom more - which I am trying to do
  • smaller portions
  • focussing on eating fruit, meat and veg with a bit of bread/ cerals

WHAT DOESN’T WORK WELL FOR ME

• cutting out carbs - if I miss carbs from a meal then I crave sugar
  • weighing myself everyday - I get obsessed and upset when it goes up - which it is bound to if I weigh myself every day
  • getting starving hungry - makes me feel ill and then I eat everything in sight
  • eating fat-reduced products - I hate them!

HALF A STONE BY EASTER
I think this is realistic for me - based on the fact that although I am quite overweight I don’t lose weight evenly throughout a month - I lose weight in the first 2 weeks after my period and then find it hard on the week up to my period and the week of my period - I have never lost weight easily so I think 2 lb a month nett will be my limit - I know it’s not great but I’m thinking that 2lb a month is almost 2 stone a year - if it’s sooner then great but I don’t want to put myself under too much pressure before I start

over to you guys …
good luck everyone …
love FB xx

some ideas for future topics …

• find something slightly too tight and keep trying it on …
  • constipation
  • recipe swaps
  • wear your make up every day this week
  • ??? … over to you everyone …

love FB Xx

Not drinking alcohol works for me, but something I find very hard to give up. After a month or so of being very good, I usually give up and go back to my glasses of wine.

I have put my secret santa nightie on the back of the bedroom door to keep reminding me I need to drop at least a dress size.

Do you think I ought to hang it in the kitchen. (Just joking).

Merlyn

I think you ought to wear it in the kitchen! …:slight_smile:

Not a pretty sight with overflowing bulges, at least I can hide under the duvet if i wear it in bed.

Desperate for a glass of wine already and its only six o’clock.

Perhaps I will finish off the bottle I have started and try again tomorrow!

Then there’s the Christmas Cake, the Stollen, the mince pies. Oh boy will I drop a dress size by next Christmas.

Merlyn

Hi,

Please can I look in on this thread ??? Can’t promise the diet bit but perhaps if creative folk put simple recipes on, then I may manage it !!

I was always a size 8-10 and 8.5 stone tops and never needed to diet. Since the end of the treatment, I’ve put on 2.5 stone (or at least had the last time I looked at the scales…) and am a size 14. I know I look better for some extra weight but not that much and feel like I could do with losing a stone and go down to a 12. My joints are aching after just 3 months on Arimidex, I have osteoporosis from chemo induced menopause and get tired SO easily after everything. However I do have an electric bike and live by the sea and love going out on that - will just have to pedal a bit more & go out every day. A friend also plans to get out walking once a week but that may go by the wayside. Swimming is a definite no-no as is the gym…

Perhaps set myself half a stone by Easter ( is it late in 2009 - please tell me it’s not in March !!!)

Good luck to all,

Liz

you should be able to lose about two pounds a week by moderate dieting. That means you could lose half a stone in roughly one month

hi mole

anyone who wants to and can lose 2lb a week is very welcome to - I never have been able to - and that was going up the gym and pre chemo

so I’m sticking with half a stone by easter

I think we are all different when it comes to weight loss - just like chemo!

lucky you is all I can say!!! good luck with it
love FB xx

Hi everyone,
I,ll give it a go too, desperatly needing to lose weight about 3 stones i think. I,m going to my nephew,s wedding in september so really going to try, but i have an underactive thyroid too that is still not under control so the doc said it would be harder. I don,t seem to have too much willpower at the moment but have a wardrobe of clothes that are at least 2 sizes too small.
reneexx

It’s taken me a year to lose nearly 2 stone and I have another 2 to go. It was quick at first but much slower after the initial few weeks. I had hoped to get to goal in June next year but it looks as if it might well take me another year.
There is no WW tonight so next Tuesday will no doubt be a bit of a shocker but back to the hard work after that! I definitely find exercise is key for me and I think it has helped to reduce the aching Arimidex joints. I also have osteoporosis so need to do plenty of weight bearing exercise.
Good luck everyone and Happy New Year
Anne

Hi, All,
What works for me? No sugary snacks, limiting alcohol and carbs. Eating lots of fresh, home made food. Hot food! (Soup, porridge.)
Doesn’t work? Artificial, ‘pretend’, readymade food with lots of additives.
Half a stone by Easter? Gulp. That would take me back to what I was when I met hubby but yes, yes, yes, I want to go for that!!!

Topics?
Unexpected benefits of losing the weight
Small victories - signs we’re getting better and feeling braver

Been munching for England, but I have to agree with Senior Daughter that the Christmas stuff is boooring as it all tastes the same. One of anyhting seems enough. Trying to steer away from choccies as, although I have it in my head that I like them, my mouth does not agree. Off out for New Year but driving and then on 1 Jan, I’ll be back on counting the points.
Happy New Year all!
x

Hi everyone i agree with so much of what has been said. What works for me is cutting down on fat by choosing foods with less than 5% fat I also hate low fat versions of things like cheese so I try to cut it out altogether and when I am feeling very virtuous I even eat cottage cheese!!! argh! What doesn’t work is having anything with chocolate in the house even though I keep trying to tell myself that it is pure fat and tastes like lard. If I see the stuff I can’t help guzzling. Back to the weigh in on Monday oh dear and I have a party to get through tonight and much indulgence at New Year Dinner tomorrow. Perhaps the effort of cooking it all and worrying about it will help with the weight.

Hi everyone

Can I join

I am really trying to loose a bit ( well a lot really) joined WW & lost 16llbs so far although I am now scared to step on the scales again after xmas

Love & Happy New Year to all

Tips

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year to you all.

I’ve eaten chocolate over christmas, and too much cheese, but …believe it or not…haven’t eaten a single mince pie!

I put 2 pounds on but they’ve come back off, so I’m back to my starting point.

Easter is 10th April this year, so that’s 14 weeks away. So, I agree with you Fizbix, I’m aiming for an 8 pound loss in that time. Even that seems hard to one who has not had to diet before! Four bags of sugar!

I think the encouragement we will give each other on here will really help us, whether we are doing well, or struggling.

What I hope will work for me…
Cutting out biscuits and chocolate.Not buying chocolate!! Having a low calorie hot choc drink when I feel the craving.
Eating less for my evening meal, especially carbohydrates.
Eating much more fruit and vegetables. Vegetable soup is great for filling the gap between meals.Drinking more water.
Eating something every 2 hours, low in sugar, to keep my blood sugar level steady through the day, rather than having highs and lows.e.g.carrot sticks.
Doing more outdoor exercise…then I’m away from the biscuit tin!
Allow a treat once a week, so I don’t give up!

What doesn’t work,
Weighing myself everyday. It really does fluctuate. Once a week is better.
Trying to squeeze into clothes that make me feel I’m bulging out around the middle.
I hate reduced fat or other artificial diet products.Too much artificial sweeteners in them.
Thinking about food all the time. best to keep busy with other things, and think thin!

Love to you all, Ann ( without an “e” !! ) Maybe I should change my name so we don’t all get confused? I am quite tall ,5’8", so could be Tall Ann. XX

Hello everyone and welcome to everyone new …

Well - this is it girls - the time has finally come - I am starting tomorrow as I didn’t get to bed till 3 a.m. and am feeling everso slightly delicate,

Good luck everybody … let’s hope we all have good news next week …

I am imagining myself looking much thinner - aparently it helps - worth a try …

lots of love and a happy new year
Good luck
Love FB xx

Let’s all try and remember to drink enough water this week … it’s supposed to help wash all the fat out …