Anyone finding it a bit difficult to adapt to new forums

Hi @scientistamafier, Hi @JCJ, the Nurses threads are closed on purpose by our nursing team as soon as a nurse has replied. We have always done this; not just since moving to the new platform.
Those boards are meant for people who want to ask questions to a nurse.
People are very welcome to share experiences in all the other boards in the forum, and these will not be closed.

1 Like

I know that the threads in the nurses section being locked is not a new thing. It is still a bit annoying though.

For example I posted a question recently and the reply makes me think the nurse hasn’t understood my situation at all, in part referring me to a Moving Forward course, when I am actually just starting my second lot of treatment. So in normal threads I would post again and we could get the discussion going. Since the thread has been locked I don’t know that it warrants starting a new thread just to clear up the misconception. I guess I wish there was a way of only the original poster being able to reply. I realise that is technically difficult to set up

2 Likes

Thoughts on new forum; apologies to the folk who have probably worked hard to design it but I really don’t like it at all. The buddy I made on here last year to “hold hands with” as we went through treatment together - we are now emailing and our entire conversation over many months has gone. I thought that the previous format worked perfectly well and can’t understand why it was felt necessary to change it? I am a bit sad about it all really.

2 Likes

Hi @Moggy_and_Fish_Mum, I’m sorry to read you’re finding the new forum challenging.

We have been updating the Get started on our forum guide with tips and screenshots. I hope it is helpful.

While we migrated over all content posted since the beginning of the forum, we chose not to migrate private messages because of the risk that a private exchange could have been made incorrectly mapped, and therefore visible during content migration. We let users know of this via email and via text on the home page of the old forum, so hopefully many people were able to save any private exchanges they had.

Bernard

1 Like

Hi,

The daily update now seems to be a mixof posts from both the primary and secondary forum was that intentional.

Makes a mockery of having to sign up to the secondary forum to be honest.

3 Likes

Hi @Yorkshire_Tyke, this is tailored to each user, as is this link.

If a user is in X group they will see topics from that group, as well as topics from general forum. If they aren’t in the group they won’t see those posts in the /top feed.

Bernard

1 Like

Me too! I don’t like it-i find it confusing to try and find topics, don’t even like the red page fading to white-what’s that all about? If it ain’t broke, don’t ‘fix’ it!

3 Likes

The dating is also confusing-please put the year in full-eg 2022 otherwise, what does 8/27 mean? Or Aug 16-is that the date or the year?

1 Like

@Bernard_BCN

Another suggestion for the Ask the Nurses section. Is it possible to put a forum description that tells users only nurses will reply to a question and the post will then be locked. I don’t think this is explained anywhere.

1 Like

Hi @scientistamafier and @tappin, both very valid suggestions - thank you.

I will suggest these to the team and see what we can do.

Bernard

2 Likes

Does anyone know how I can delete my notifications, messages, likes etc? The list is now 2 pages long and I don’t need any of them anymore as I’ve looked at them all. There is a “dismiss all” tab but it is greyed out and doesn’t seem to do anything. I don’t want to stop new notifications but it would be good to get rid of them once I’ve finished with them. Am I being a numpty. Again?

2 Likes

When i joined in July this year i had no problem replying to people or asking my own questions.
I cannot find my old comments nor how to ask new qestions or join a current discussion. Totally lost

3 Likes

:heart:please keep your suggestions coming regarding the forum so Bernard and the mods can feed back so the forum is as user friendly as possible again :heart: there was always going to be teething issues and I think they had to move it to the new platform. So please keep putting your thoughts and suggestions here :heart: together we will all get this better again for forum users now and the future :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Hi @JCJ, don’t worry - you are not being a numpty. The Dismiss All function marks all notifications as read. We are adding your comment to our roadmap to speak to the developers about.
Bernard

1 Like

Hi @Fredblogs, to find your old comments go to the icon at the top right (it may have the letter F for you), and select Activity. Here’s a screenshot for mobile.

We have more information about things like asking questions or joining existing conversations in the Get started in our forum guide: https://forum.breastcancernow.org/t/getting-started-on-our-forum/97221 :slight_smile:

Best wishes
Bernard

1 Like

Thanks @Bernard_BCN. Good to hear it’s not just me! :grin:

Another odd thing about this new set up is that the post counter, in the pink box at the bottom right, seems to count a new paragraph, within a post, as a new post. Not exactly important but a little confusing.

2 Likes

Hi @JCJ, are you able to send us a screenshot of what the error is like? We’d like to see if we can replicate it and look into it.
You can either post it here, or email it to us on moderator@breastcancernow.org

1 Like

@Bernard_BCN
I’ll try and post it here.
3 screenshots, hopefully, showing the counter registering 35, 36 and 37 posts, whilst there are actually only 2. It seems to count a space between paragraphs as a new post: I’ve noticed it in my own posts and yours. It’s hardly a priority for fixing but I do find myself looking for the missing posts! :grin:

I’ve not tried to attach pictures on the new site yet so here goes:

No idea if that worked! :thinking:

1 Like

It worked! Hurrah🎉

1 Like

There are 39 replies to the original post is that not what it’s counting ?

1 Like