Anyone in County Down, Northern Ireland?

Hi Carol

I was thinking maybe a Saturday before December would be a good idea, this Saturday is too short notice so how about Saturday 21 November. As for where I thought I would toss a coin (so you’ll have to trust me here)Heads Belfast, Tails Lisburn, here I go…

… and Heads it is, so that’s Belfast. LOL

As for venue, it depends on what we want, tea, coffee, alcohol, cakes! Suggestions welcome and the 10p may have to come out again. I think sometime in the afternoon to beat the lunchtime rush.

So let me know what you think. If Belfast doesn’t suit everyone I’m sure we can come up with something else.

If we keep bumping this up hopefully we will catch everyone who was interested.

Carolyn
xxx

Hi Carolyn
Belfast is fine by me…sounds good for Sat 21st as well.
Hopefully the other girls will catch up with this thread before then but if not then we can still go ahead if that’s ok with you.
It will be great to talk to someone local about what we are going through and am really looking forward to meeting up.
Let’s wait and see if the others are able to make 21st then we can decide the venue afterwards in case that day does not suit them.
Is that ok with you? It would be good to have a bite to eat, glass of wine and a good chat somewhere that will suit everyone.
When is your ONC appt this month? I hope it goes well for you.
My next appt is not until January so a bit of a wait for me.
Meantime just concentrating on recouperation and have to content myself with that.
I’ll keep an eye on this thread and be in touch soon.
Carol x

HI Carolyn & Carol ,

Belfast on the 21st sounds great too me , food wise … bite too eat ,wine and a good old natter sounds great ,i hope the rest of the girls see the thread , but if not I would still be keen too meet up with you both ,I will keep an eye out for an update on the thread.

Jules/JULIE x

Hi Carol, Jules/Julie

Looks like its the 21st then, bite to eat, wine and natter sounds good to me. All we have to do now is come up with a venue. I can only recommend places near my workplace in the Bridge Street area which are ‘The Cloth Ear’, ‘Northern Whig’, ‘McCrackens’. I’ve not really eaten in any other places in the City, so further recommendations would be great. Oh I’ve eaten in the ‘Apartment’, that’s pretty central. There will of course be the Continental Market - Beer Tent,Bratwurst and Gluhwein LOL only joking, think we could come up with somewhere more comfy.

I’m really looking forward to it, hopefully the other girls will see this too, the more the merrier.

Carolyn
xxx

Hi Carolyn and Julie
it’s great to have another one on board for Sat 21st… as you say Carolyn, the more the merrier.
I have now earmarked this date as a definite in my planner and really don’t mind where we go. Any of the places you have mentioned Carolyn would be ones I myself would have suggested.
Get the old 10p out again and i’m happy to trust your decision on this, just name the place and can’t wait to meet up.
Talk soon
Carol x
Ps Will try to upload a recent photo so as you can recognise me!!Will get my OH to do this over the weekend.

Hi Carolyn and Carol,

I think Carolyn the idea of tossing the old 10p sounds great, Carol I thought I’d do the same as you and upload a profile pic, mine was taken last year before treatment , so I look slightly different ,( only change really is my hair ),sorry I don’t have any more recent ones . Like both of you I can’t wait too meet up ,so I await eagerly
for the details.

Julie x

Hi Julie & Carol

I haven’t used the 10p this time, had to go for ‘out of the hat’ between Cloth Ear, Northern Whig, McCrackens and Apartment and the winner is…

Northern Whig. Hope that suits.

2pm sound okay?

Maybe I should update my photo, this one is pre-fallout.

Shall we meet just at the entrance to the Whig?

Looking forward to Saturday.

Carolyn
xxx

Hi Carolyn

Yes…Northern Whig it is on Saturday at 2 o clock.
Looking forward to seeing you and Julie there.

Anyone else who catches this thread please feel free to come along!

Carol x

BUMPING THIS UP …

This little get together is open to all!

Carolyn

xxx

I’ll keep bumping this up over the next few days.

BUMPING UP TO HOPEFULLY CATCH EVENING FORUM READERS.

BUMP

HI Carolyn & Carol ,

Sat @ 2pm @ the Northern Whig sounds great, see you both outside,
looking forward to it .

Julie x

Hi Carolyn, Carole,and Julie et al!!

Thanks for bumping this up,i would love to join you all if that is ok?

Im terrible with names and recognising people…

would love to meet up for a drink and a natter on Saturday,

Jill

Hi Jill

Brilliant that you can join us, the more the merrier. See you at 2pm Saturday.

Carolyn
xx

Hi Jill
Brilliant that you are coming on Saturday… cant wait to meet up with everyone.

See you all there

Carol x

Hi Girls,

Thanks,im really looking forward to meeting you all,

Jill

Hi Jill,

Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the girls tomorrow , see you then.

Julie x

Hi Carole,Julie and Carolyn,

It was lovely to meet you all on Saturday. Julie thanks for the lift…Ive proved, again i cant drink wine during the day! oops…

Catch up asap,

Jill xox

Hi Girls

Just to say thanks for a great Saturday afternoon …good food…good wine…good company…can’t ask for more than that.
Julie, sorry I had to rush on , my partner was on his way and didn’t want him to have to drive round.
I will be thinking about you tomorrow and hope your MRI scan goes well. Let us know how you get on.

Will hear from you soon , maybe for Wed 2nd?

Carol x

Hi Girls,

I had a really good time on sat afternoon , really enjoyed being able to talk about our different experiences, the food ,drink and company was great , hopefully the 2nd of dec is our next meetup and if not I’m sure we can organise an other date between us.

Carol, no probs about rushing on ,its hard sometimes too get parked its very busy around there .

Jill, I’m the same with wine , one more glass and I’d probably been singing ( LOL)and thats not a pretty sound .

Carloyn, hope too here from you soon about the charity nite.

Julie x