Anyone in County Down, Northern Ireland?

Hi Girls

Carolyn got your text re tickets…thanks for going to the trouble of getting these for us…can’t believe they’re free of charge!
I completely understand about you probably not being able to go as you have a pre-arranged break planned and I would more than likely do the same thing by not going to the fashion show- it would be too much of a rush for you.
That leaves the rest of us to decide what to do. I am really easy and will fit in with whatever Jill and Julie decide as you both live further away and would need more organising to get there… let me know what you think. We could also wait until all 4 of us are available for another time.
Julie, how did your MRI go? Have been thinking about you and hope you will have your results soon
Carol x

By the way if there are any other ladies out there who would like to meet up please feel free to join us.

Carol x

Hi Girls

Well, following your text replies, it looks like we’re all on for Wednesday night. :slight_smile: Shame I have to rush off early but flight to catch next morning.

If there are any others who would like to join us, we are meeting at the Northern Whig, Belfast on Wednesday 2 December, for a local charity (Pretty in Pink) fashion show with a StyleFix Hair and Beauty Zone, starts at 7.30pm till late. Just get in touch via this thread.

Carolyn x

Well girls

Hopefully Carolyn got her flight on time this morning.
I really enjoyed last night, Jill I hope you got your taxi, I felt bad leaving you on your own.
Had a touch of a headache today…that was the one for the road Jill!!
Julie, was thinking about you today and wondering how your appt went with Miss Refsum. Did you ask about the nodes?
Will keep in touch and arrange a meet up in the new year.

This invite is open to all…please feel free to join us.
Carol x

Hi Girls,

Carole,we did knock “the one for the road” back!! I got a taxi a couple of mins after you left.

I send Carolyn a txt about Noeleen coming over to us and looking for her),and she txt me back from airport,pleased about the contact and sorry she had to leave early. Noeleen is a lovely girl and has had such a hard time so young,she seemed to take our views onboard!

All in all it was a great night,if a bit loud!!

Julie,how did you get on with Miss Refsum? I hope you are feeling better.

Looking forward to the next time,and anyone else from NI, please feel free to join us.

Jill x

HI girls ,

Sorry I haven’t been on , the doc drained the fluid off with a lovely big needle ( ouch), have to see her again on the 17th Dec for an ultrasound , to see if the infection has cleared up . I’m up with the onc on Mon for my 6 weekly check so hopefully my mri results will be back ’ I enjoyed our nite at the whig and i hope Noeleen joins r we group as she said she has been on the thread and new we were meeting up .

Carolyn I hope you had a lovely break away.

Looking forward too the next meetup ,and the same as the others girls, anyone feel free to join us the more the merrier.

Julie x

Hi Girls, I’m back!

I’ve been rather busy these last few days and haven’t had a chance to get online. I had a briliant weekend (when we eventually got there after being redirected to Katowice) and would thoroughly recommend Krakow, its a beautiful city and the Christmas Market was great especially the Polish version of Gluwein (we were at the Market every night)and I would love to see more of Krakow in the summer.

I had a great night at the fashion show, except for my little outburst but I was so glad to hear Noeleen came across and spoke to you all - she has certainly been through the wringer at such a young age. NOELEEN PLEASE DO JOIN US AND ANYONE ELSE WHO IS READING THIS.

Julie, I hope your infection clears up and that your mri resutls are also clear.

Looking forward to our next little soiree.

Carolyn xxx

Hi Girls

Just wanted to come online to wish everyone a great Christmas.
Carolyn, glad you enjoyed your break away,its good to hear positive feedback about different places.

Look forward to seeing you all again in the new year but in the meantime enjoy the holidays and will talk soon
Carol x

Hi Girls ,

I just want to wish you all a happy and healthy new year , I hope you all had a lovely xmas , see you all in the new year .

Julie xx

Hi Girls
Just wanted to bump up our thread as it has been a while since anyone has posted.
Hope everyone had a good Christmas/New Year and hopefully we will touch base again in the forthcoming weeks…maybe another Saturday lunch would be good?

Everyone welcome and it would be great to hear from anyone else out there, feel free to join us

Carol x

Hi Carol, Jill and Carolyn,

Lunch sounds lovely , maybe the last sat in January if that suits everyone , and hopefully the weather will have improved a wee bit ,

Julie x

Ps Same as Carol , please feel free to join us , the more the merrier.

Hi

Just letting you know that the last Sat in January is Ok with me if it suits everyone else

carol x

Hi Girls

It has been quiet hasn’t it! This is the first chance I’ve really had to sit down and post a message. Things have been hectic at work lately, office move and only just starting to settle down now.

The last Saturday in January is good for me too. Any suggestions where? Looking forward to it, wherever it is.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Carolyn xx

TO ALL OTHERS READING THIS, PLEASE DO COME ALONG AND JOIN US. WE DON’T BITE!!!

Happy New Year Girls,
Time flies,im nursing mum again,she had an emergency op last fiday for a detached retina, we dont know yet how much of her sight she will regain in her left eye {hopefully she can still drive!!) But im playing nurse, she has to sleep totally upright for 2 weeks!, and we’ve family home from Canada…never a dull moment…
Im sorry i cant make it the last Sat of Jan,but have a great lunch and ill definately see you the next time,and hopefully some more members of our little group!

Hope you are all doing well,

Love Jill x

ps im looking out for the IN Ni magazine!

Hi everyone

Jill, I hope your mum recovers well from her op, it must be quite manic for you at the moment. The last Sat in January is not set in stone, so would it suit, do you think, to wait until sometime in February? I’m sure that would be fine with everyone else. What do you think?

Carol x

HI Girls,

Jill, I too hope your mum recovers soon , after her op.I agree with Carol the next meetup is flexible just what suits everyone ,Febuary sometime sounds great.

Julie x

Hi Girls,
thanks,but dont let me stop you going out, i can go the next time…im not usually such a social butterfly,but im at a wedding first weekend of feb,the next one is half term and valentines day for you romantics, the 19th is having my valentines treat, not sure where!..so to cut a long story short,im free weekend evenings,afternoons and the last weekend of feb…sorry to be such a pain…if you want to go ahead feel free and i,ll make sure i can join you the next time.

Hope you are all well,

love jill

Hi girls
Hope everyone is keeping well.
Not sure what way we are with our plans, however there is a ‘Ladies who lunch’ day going on at the Fourwinds Bar and restaurant on Sat 6th feb if it would suit anyone?
The company for which I work organize these days every now and again in the Ink restaurant at the Four Winds.
For £20 you get a lovely lunch, usually a goodie bag as well(think its Lancome this time)and then wine tasting!!
I was thinking that as its at the Four Winds Jill may also nip in for an hour?

All welcome and let me know your thoughts as I would have to pre book the tickets
Carol x

Hi Carol ,

‘Ladies who lunch’ day sounds lovely , I would be up for that ,as this weekend I’m out on fri nite at a fundraiser event ,then on sat nite I’m at an engagement party, not usually so busy at a weekend .But if the 6th Feb doesn’t suit everyone I can still come this sat the 30th as organised.

Julie x

Hi Girls,
Yes i would love to go to ladies who lunch!..i may be a bit hungover but it sounds like fun…im partying more now than i was at christmas!

look forward to seeing you all,

jill xx