Debsincornwall, my darling wife

What a wonderful tribute to Debs, Ian. In my conversations and friendship with Debs it was clear what a strong and loving partnership you had. She talked of you often with such warmth. I gained so much strength from Debs and she had such an amazing way with words and her humour shone through the darkest of times. I feel privileged to have met you both if only briefly. Debs was always so supportive of others despite going through such tough times herself. I will miss her posts very much and really valued our friendship be it mostly online. I wish you and the rest of the family strength and love to get through this most difficult time.
Words are just inadequate.
Much love and best wishes,
Anne

Ian - what a sad but lovely tribute. She was indeed a special lady - but you don’t need us to tell you that. Take care
Nicky x

Dear Ian,

There is nothing I can add really. You are living through my worst nightmare. Debs seemed such a good person and clearly helped a lot of people. I hope you are able to cope in moving forward and cherish the years you have spent together. Best wishes to you and the rest of the family.

what beautiful tribute to your amazing wife.

my thoughts are with you and all the family at this time

God Bless xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ian, thank you for taking the time to share with us. Debs is surely a very bright star over the cornwall sky.
Much love, Nicky

Dear Ian,
what a lovely tribute to someone who made such a difference to so many of us. I am so sorry to hear of Debs passing, and send my love and condolences to you and her girls. Debs came over as a very happy woman, despite this horrible illness and that is surely down to her very happy family life.
God bless you all, and little bean xxxMonica

Thankyou Ian for sharing those precious moments with us…a loving tribute to Debs. Such a sad time for you and the girls…but a mountain of lovely memories…rest in peace Debs. Love and strength to you and the girls Ian.
Helenxxx

Hi Ian

That was a beautiful tribute. So very sorry that you and the girls are going through this and sending love and strength to you all.

Love

Jane x

Just to say how sorry and sad I feel that Debs has died. She was so kind and so helpful writing to me when my daughter Lisa was fighting her immense battle with brain mets and then Debs chose just the right words when Lisa died. This site will miss Debs greatly. I am also so sorry that it was just before Christmas. Its a very dificult time anyway when you have lost someone who you love so much.
Thank you for posting … it does help to talk or write about it though as I well know. Keep on talking about her.
Bless you all and I will be thinking about you over the next few difficult weeks.
Sue x

Ian, that is a truly amazing tribute to your lovely wife. She was an incredible lady, whos words of wisdom, laughter and sympathy have been of an enormous help to many of us over the years.

I am pleased she managed to say her goodbyes to you and her daughters and son-in-law, and that they were there for her and you too.

Condolences to you all but at least Debs is now out of pain and at peace.

Lots of love and thinking abuot you all at this sad time.

Love
Dawn
xxx

Dear Ian

Thank you for letting us know on here about Debs passing.
I am so sorry that you have lost your wonderful wife, and your girls their mum.
Debs will continue to be an inspiration to all of us. - She spoke out for everyone.
I will always remember her power and dignity talking to the BBC, when dealing with the Tickled Pink issue in October this year. Although she was very poorly herself at the time she got them to go down to Cornwall so she could get the issue the attention it deserved.

A truly shining star.

Lyn xxxxxxxxx

A lovely tribute to a lovely lady, she was such huge help to so many of us here. Our thoughts are with you.

Sandra x

Ian - I would like to add my condolences to you and the family - I am so very sad to hear this news - Debs was a truly wonderful woman and I feel she become my ‘cyber friend’ with her support and empathy, advice and humour, i can feel the emormity of your loss and send you much love…jaynex

Dear Ian and family

This is so sad, even though expected. I had tears in my eyes as I read your tribute. You were a wonderful husband to Debs and she knew it. We can all only wish our own husbands/partners are as supportive as you have been.

Dear Debs - rest in peace.

Alison x

No words that haven’t already been said… so, so sorry.
My thoughts are with you all.
Rest in peace Debs x

Dear Ian
Thank you so much for letting us know it must have been very difficult for you. I never met DEbs but she used to talk to me on live chat and always had some help or information for everyone.
She was such a lovely lady and I amtruly shocked that this has happened so quickly.

Sending you and your family lots of love
Caroline

Dear Ian

Your post moved me to tears.

Debs’ love for you and her family shone out of just about every post she made on here.

She must have been one special lady and you one special guy.

Thinking of you, your family and everyone else who loved and cared about Debs.

X

S

A lovely tribute to Debs, I can’t stop crying.
look after yourself and your family.
R.I.P. Debs.
Libby x

To Ian and family,

Your tribute was both moving and beautiful and touched my heart.
Although I never knew Debs personally, she was a voice of reason and calm on this site. She had thoughtful insights and sound advice to offer everyone.

A very brave and extraordinary lady to the end, she will be missed by many.

All the best
Linda

I didnt know your wife Ian, have not long been on the site. For a man not into words, your words speak volumes of your love for your wife. I wish you and your family all the strength that you will need over this time. I hope you gain some comfort in the knowledge that she is no longer in pain and in a better place.
xx

RIP Debs