Debsincornwall, my darling wife

To Ian and family, i dont think there is anything to say that hasnt already been said, but i just want to say i hope you find the strength you need to get through, i didnt know Debs, but have followed her thread, and if i can deal with this disease with just a fraction of the courage and determination she has, i will be happy.
take care
annax

Hi Ian,

I shall miss Debs greatly, and I don’t think there is anyone else on this site that can come close to filling her shoes. Even during the roughest times you would find her posting to someone in need, and of course who can fail to forget the time she got up from her bed and appeared on television looking postivily healthy - such willpower! She did that of course not for herself, but for the rest of us.

I shall remember her most for her honesty, and her ability to share the worst symptoms of this disease with humour - and goodness what humour. I had never heard of the term ‘lady garden’ before she spoke of it. We all became intimately aware of the effects of cancer on her anatomy - the poo and lack of it, and strangeness of it. This all gzve us the confidence to say ‘me too’ - when before we were too inhibited to speak of it. Giving women this confidence was a great gift Debs, maybe none greater.

I find myself without you at a loss.

Rest in peace sport x

So sorry to here of Debs passing, deep sympathy to all family and friends.
Alice

Hello Ian

Just wanted to let you know how much of an inspiration Debs has been to me - I only met her once her last February in Bristol, when I was only two months beyond diagnosis. She spent a while telling me how she was at the end of her journey, but she told me in such an upbeat way that I was very uplifted by her whole attitude. I know that sometimes the P word (positive) is frowned upon on these forums, but sorry, that’s how Debs appeared to me and that’s the way I intend to deal with my own disease. If I can manage my life with secondary breast cancer half as well as Debs did, I’ll be a stronger person than I think I am. Your wife was a very, very special person Ian, I know you know that but she touched so many people in so many ways.

All my love to you and to Debs’ daughters. I am sure Debs is looking down on all of us now and raising a glass of red or two, no longer in any pain.

These forums will be a lesser place without her.

Love Lesley xxxx

Another lady gone from this world too soon, my sincere condolences

Jackie X

Ian I was incredibly moved by your beautiful tribute to such a beautiful person and post this with tears in my eyes. I hope you can find some comfort in the time to come that Debs’ life and her passing has touched so many people who never actually met her. Thank you for sharing a little of her last moments with you all with us.

God bless, Debs, and sending love & prayers to everyone who loves you. xxx

Ian words are hard to find at times like this, Debs was an imspiration to me as she was to many others. Thoughts are with you and her daughters. Fond memories of the two of us causing lots of noise whilst having chemo!! Mandyx

My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.
RIP
Sukes

Ian, what a lovely tribute to Debs, I send my love to you and all the family. Debs was such a caring person to everyone, and will be missed by each and every one of us. love junieliz

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family. A lovely,moving tribute to a truly inspirational lady.

I will raise a glass to Debs

Brenda x

How very sad, your words brought tears to me,it’s really tragic to lose such a lovely lady and your loss must be insufferable.

My thoughts are with you all at this very sad time.

xx

I have posted details of the funeral arrangements on a separate thread so this can continue to be used by people to express their appreciation and sympathy.
Mx

Thank you, Ian, for taking the time to post your beautiful tribute to Debs. I am sure it is nothing near what you want to say from your heart; but in cases like this, words are useless really.

My prayers will continue for your family and the difficult times ahead as you absorb this shock. Just know that we are with you – let us know if we can help…

Rest in peace - Debs - Shalom.

Love,
EmilyJane
xxx

Thankyou Ian for thinking of us at such a difficult time. My heart goes out to you. Debs will be very sadly missed by her ‘other’ family - all of us here who looked forward to her posts. I’m sure I speak for everyone here when I say we’ve lost someone special.
Josie x

What a wonderful tribute from Ian. I always read Debs postings for her wise words and sense of humour:she will be greatly missed. Now that JaneRA has passed on too something seems to have gone from this site and it won’t seem the same to me anymore.

Thinking of you all at this sad time. I didn’t know Debs but have read many many of her posts and have found them helpful and comforting. She was an inspiration and will be sadly missed.
Liz

I am so sorry to read this news. Thinking of you at this dreadful time.

Rest in peace Debs.

Anthi

Thank you for posting such a wonderful tribute to Debs, I hope you get the support you need, just as Debs provided so much support here to everyone that needed it. This forum will not be the same without her, she was such an inspiration.

Linda
x

What a wonderful moving tribute Ian to your wonderful wife.

My sincere condolensces to you and yours at this dreadful time.

I read many of Debs inspirational posts and will miss them very much.

Dancing

it’s just the saddest thing and so wrong, see you soon debs wherever we go, hxxx