December 2018 Radiotherapy

Hi Katiepoo

I was on 2 lots of antibiotics after my surgery for hot red swollen boob. Was told cellulitus, Seroma or lymphedema seems each docs views were different. But sorted eventually.

Still have hard lumps around scar and inside lower boob can get a little swollen and bra leaves indents in it, slight orange peel effect too but oncologists say it’s fine.

Hope the antibiotics work quickly for you and you soon feel better.
It does take a little time but eventually it settles down.
Keep using cream and drinking plenty helps with tiredness.

Take care Susan x

Thank you Susan. I’ve already had an abscess which opened up the original WLE scar, so I’m really worried that yet another cellulitic/abscess has formed again.
I finished one lot of antibiotics on 21st Dec and now on different course. Oncologist is hopeful it’s localised and I’m seeing her again on 7th Jan.

I did ask if I should moisturize my back but its just my right boob too so no need to. x

The naughty boob is playing up again.
After seeing oncologist on 28th Dec she gave me antibiotics for the raised red area on my boob post rads.
A squishy boggy lump had also developed. Onto NYE and there was a black area on the red area with a “white head” on it.
Went to Marsden yesterday to see rads nurse who pricked it slightly and advised ringing BCN.
Been to original hospital this morning that did WLE and subsequent evacuation and washout after infected haematoma opened up my scar in October.

A lovely nurse squeezed lump and so much rubbish came out??
Lump has disappeared and more antibiotics.
The rads have disturbed the residual haematoma i had?

Katiepoo try diprobase on the cellulitis area. This was prescribed to my hubby when he had cellulitis and also worked wonders on his legs when they got red and sore from the effects of chemo. I’m using it after radiotherapy too.

Traciecas,
It turned out to be another abscess, so didnt matter about creams. I’m still on antibiotics and using Aveeno.