Dew Drop Inn Too

oh no. I’m one of these determined women, of which there are many on this website, and if I’m told to do something, madam, I do it to the best of my ability. I therefore humbly apologise for inadvertently causing you any discomfort with my excessive displays of politeness. Don’t worry, I have been assured I can return to my usual gobby besom self after 24 hours. I have the promise of the management of this.

May I serve you some canapes? Another drink perhaps? Would you like a pillow on the swing?

ok then
sorry to be such a pain in the …

just very fussy here and it is obviously showing
understand the determination thing
like playing cards…if you’re going to pick up all the bad cards, might as well do it with an ace!

My abject apologies for deserting you on the swing. My telecommunication device has rung red hot today, and being of limited intelligence, I am unable to perform two tasks at once. I therefore had to dedicate my attention, temporarily, to my aunt, who happens to be a professor who researches cancer clusters, and knows oodles and poodles about chemotherapy etc.

Another smorgosbrod? More champagne? Another pillow?
>>>>> discreetly hides Em’s fussiness so it doesn’t show

Well it might be clean as a new pin up here - but clearly no-one has been down in the cellars since methusalah was a little boy!
I need a long cool pint of anything alcoholic.
And skip the niceties, Westie - just make sure its in a reasonably clean glass - I’m spitting feathers here -

I’m glad you find the lubrication to your high standards Mr JB, but I do feel obliged, if you’ll forgive my forwardness, to point out that YOU are the bar man, in the employ of the Dew Drop Inn Too, whereas I am merely a humble regular user of the facilities provided here.

I’ll have a black beard please

Ah cannae dae this much mair, Ah swair Ah’m gaun aff ma trolley whit wi’ all this blooming menners an a’

You never were backward at coming forward, as I recall Sue, and now that my equilibrium has been restored, I would be delighted to serve you with a Black Beard, but if you persist in pretending that you are Miss Jean Brodie, you can sod off to Morningside and drink tea out of bone china cups

G xx

Thats much more like it

My dahling, my crockery of choice is porcelein, which is why one ought never to put the tea in first, always milk, otherwise the porcelin will crack. Which, I’m sure you will agree, would be the most awful calamity.

Ah cannae keep this up, ah cannae, ah cannae, but ah maun dae it

But I am certain that a self-confessed pedant like yourself wouldn’t spell PORCELAIN wrongly twice in one sentence?

you must westie

i have been talking to EJ in real phone thing and shis fie… sleepy, and has FAR too many ideas… people we may write a book

well ej may right a book

or even perhaps write it, to save the pedant the effort!

About what, perchance, would she write a book?

pah - my pooh typing…
us…our lil travel

i thik i will seize editing rights now

while she is asleep

You - Edit! Its a strain for you to type an intelligible word of more than 4 letters!

OI! We are meant to be polite for 24 hours after the opening of this fine establishment!!!

I’m not being impolite - just stating simple fact!