Have you finished with BC books, wigs, scalves etc?

Hi girls, sharon asked me to pass on her thanks as she has begun to recieve your lovely donations which will be much appreciated in the cancer centre which is opening very soon. She is very excited and has Gloria Huniford doing the official opening!!!

Thanks again to all who have already sent donations and if anyone has hats, scalves, books, wigs etc that they no longer need, pm me and i will letyou have the address where you can donate your items to.

Lots of luv pauline and shazza (smallstar)xxx

Hi,

Have pm’d you. Have some bits to send. Sounds like a great idea!
Love Esme x

Hi

Great idea - only have 1 more chemo (tomorrow) so will be able to snd some stuff soon - have pm’d you for details.

Take care

Jean

bump

Thanks pauline for posting initially and finding the thread for me !
I would like to thank a lady called judy for sending me two boxes of very good quality items… what an amazing gesture, thank you also for including your phone number, I will be calling you tomorrow to thank you personally… its quite a coincidence but i have gloria hunniford opening my cancer centre and you sent the book that i have been looking for to swat up on !!!
Take care ladies and keep smiling xxx

i would also like to add my thanks too, the stuff you have already sent is wonderful. more stuff would be greatfully recieved if you have finished with scalves, wigs, books etc. PM me and i will pass on details to you. Well done small star on finally realising your dream, good luck with the shop opening on tuesday,

Lots of luv to you all, pauline xxx

bumping up, elinda

Thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wishing you all the best for your opening tomorrow and every success with your centre. No need to call I just wanted to know you received the wigs and books.

Love and congratulations to all involved in the new centre Judy x

wELL SMALLSTAR FINALLY OPENS THE SHOP WHICH IS AT THE FRONT OF HER CANCER CENTRE. JUST WANTED TO ADD MY CONGRATULATIONS TO HER AND ALL HER TEAM, THEY HAVE ALL WORKED SO HARD FOR MONTHS. THEY ARE JUST WAITING FOR FIRE DOOORS AND THE CANCER CENTRE CAN OPEN FULLY. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR DONATIONS, WHICH I KNOW SHARON WAS MOST GRATEFUL FOR. PLEASE KEEP THE DONATIONS COMING, SADLY THERE WILL BE MANY PEOPLE WHO CAN MAKE USE OF ANYTHING YOU CAN DONATE.

LUV PAULINE XXX

Well i went to visit the cancer centre on thursday, its amazing girls. the shop at the front is full of pink, glittery stuff which is sold to fund the treatment centre at the back of the shop. In the centre at the back is all your lovely donations, all out on display for anyone who needs to use, borrow or try on. This will be such a valuable resource to so many who have limited funds and as we are all aware, cancer is an expensive inconvenience most of us cant afford, which is why your donations are so much appreciated by smallstar and her team. Some of your wigs are on stands showing off beautiful tiaras and hair slides, they look lovely. hats and scarves are displayed for anyone to try on and borrow. They will be able to offer a small donation for this service if they wish. All your books are available for people to take away and borrow. I wish i had had this facility available to me when i was going through bc, would have made such a difference. Thank you again to all who have sent small star donations.

PM me for details, if you have anything you would like to donate to the cancer centre, thanks luv pauline xxx

Hi hollymeg

That’s me got the wig off now, so I was wondering if ‘used’ wigs are suitable to send ? Obviously it’s been washed & equally obviously it’s not been in a lot of contact with hair anyway lol.
I have the address, having sent a hat already, so just let me know.

used wigs are fine hun, they look amazing on display in the centre and are there for people to try on and use if they need to so yes please. Thanks again luv pauline xxx

Will post soon as I can. It’s in its box ready, with its special brush, shampoo & styling spray.
All the best
xx

Thank you immensley to all of you partaking in this with me xxxx

smallstar, you took your dongle with ya, your supposed to be having a much needed break!!! tut tut tut luv ya babe xxx

Hi hollymeg

Just been to post office, the wig is on its way.

I would just like to express my thanks again to all of you that have sent wigs hats and books in, I am so grateful to you all and I am sure when we open in just a few weeks time these will be invaluable to ladies that cannot afford to buy new things. Thank you so much !
Sharon
(the sharon fox cancer centre)

Just to update you, smallstars cancer center has now got official charity status and can now be fully oprational. This means lots of cancer patients will be able to use all the centers facilities. You have all sent her some wonderful things for others to use during their cancer treatment. As this is a long term project, the center will always be needing donations. If you have any wigs, scalves, hats, books, leaflets…anything that you have finished with that you think another cancer patient may be able to use, please PM me and i will let you have the centers address. Thank you for supporting the cancer center…from pauline and sharon x

Thank you again to pauline for keeping this thread going, i am so busy im ashamed i dont get time to come on here as much as i would like.
MASSIVE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE DONATED WIGS, BANDANA’S BOOKS ETC… PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING ! THE FEEDBACK IS PHENOMINAL !!!
Take care and keep smiling xxxxxxxxx