Hello, is anyone starting chemo in February 2015?

Hey Simone?
I know it’s crazy isn’t it!Im on day 11 and just starting to feel 'human ’ again,so I guess I’ll get about 10/11 days feeling okay,then next lot!
Don’t know what everyone else is going about work?I haven’t gone back yet as work on a busy shop floor,I’m getting paid sick pay,but don’t know what to do about going back.
Hugs,X

That’s okay Gazzlyn…don’t know if it will be of any use but thought it was worth a mention ?Xx

Just wondering if Fralan is okay?Havent heard from here since a week ago…hopefully she is fine?X

Hospital called to go for blood test in the morning! Weight off my mind.
I was refereed occupational health, so I’ve got a meeting with them next month, may Opp for home working for a few days a week.
Yes, I hope Fralan is doing ok!!

Hey BevyC?..welcome X
You sound very organised.Its really good on here as we are all in the same boat and can give each other support ?
Goodluck for Thursday…
Hugs Rachel xxx

All the best for Thursday BevyC
Simone xx

Hi Bevyc and welcome to the BCC forums

I am pleased you have found this thread for support and sharing experiences, please also feel free to call our helpliners for further practical and emotional support, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Here’s a link to the ‘Treatments’ area of the site, here you will find lots of information and support ideas from BCC which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hey guys!

Welcome bevy!! Well I got home this afternoon after a weekend at NHS Ritz lol hallelujah!

Hope everyone doing well and good luck to those having chemo this week xx

Yay!Bet your so glad to have booked out!?X

Glad your home dennymac x

Thanks!! Never been so glad to be home! Never had to stay in hospital before in my life xx

Hey Sandie?
Yes know that feeling too…although been lucky(touch wood) haven’t had a temperature.
With work I haven’t been back yet as my job is being in my feet all day…but it probably is doable if you have a sit down office type job and maybe do some hours what you can manage?
Hope you enjoy your look good feel better course?..I’m waiting for mine as they are full at the mo,but it’s meant to be very good!
Goodluck for tommorow BevyC and Gazzlyn?..you will be fine.
Big hugs…Rachel Xx

I totally hear you Sandie, I don’t how people do it. My problem has reverted back to not sleeping up through the night if if I dose off I wake up drenched.
I just can’t wait for this part to finish, chemo 2 next week, hopefully treatment will be finished before we know it! Saw a clipp on BBC breakfast on bc and overtreatment interesting!
Does anyone have to have surgery after chemo or like me it’s radiotherapy.
I’ve not been told on how many sessions I’m going to have but will ask when I see the onco next week.
Enjoy your day everyone
Simone xx

Afternoon ladies,
Had a busy day yesterday with my daughter in London, today I’ve crashed!!
Thought it was a bit too good to be true ?
Welcome Bev & thinking of you tomorrow, I have oncologist Monday & round 2 Thursday just marking them off till it’s all over!,
My knitted knocker arrived yesterday, it’s lovely baby blue with a pink nipple! If you haven’t heard of them look them up on Facebook, they knit prosthesis and are soo much lighter than the silicone ones.
Today my Annabanda scarves arrived, showed the family how good they are. If you spend over £20 & put in the code Headstrong you get 10% off.
Oh gosh I’m tired again now!!
Hope you girls are all doing well. Annie, Rachel, Dennymac, Simone, Herewego, Natalie, Bev, Lynda, Sandie, Marli, worried sick,pjw,pen fold,straw
Hope I haven’t forgotten anyone!! Big hugs ??

Hey Simone?
I’m with you too,got my 2nd session next week.Be glad when it’s all done!Ive had my Masectomy and Onc said his not sure if I’ll need radiation after my Chemo,so will wait and see.
Missed that on tv,was it interesting?
Love Rachel xx

Good luck for tomorrow to all the Ladies starting there first chemo xxx
Glad you had a good time Alison despite the tiredness
Rachel programme was a small piece mainly on early detection going for mammograms & women feeling that their over treated either by radiotherapy or chemo.
That would be good if you don’t have to have radiotherapy, you would finish all treatment in May.
Big hugs
Simone x

Alison thanks for the code, I made an order today.
I’m going to place an order for a wiggy on Friday, fancy one made from human hair…lol
Simone x

Hey everyone:smileyhappy:Well Im on day 14 of my first chemo and my hair has just started to fall out:smileysad:…I knew to expect it,but when it happens, it still feels a bit of a shock.Only small bits at the moment, but when it becomes big bits, it will be shaved off!

Been actually feeling pretty human these last few days,but still not sleeping well and so tired by the afternoon…then got to have ‘nanny naps’!

Goodluck to ladies starting chemo tommorow,you will be fine,let us know how it goes.

love and hugs Rachelxxx

Hey all! Yeh doing fine Alison thanks for asking :slight_smile:

Well this rollercoaster is ready to go round again… Bloods tomorrow, onc in friday then chemo on Tuesday (long as my bloods are ok). Hopefully miss out a weekend in the hospital this cycle Eh?? Lol

Some hair has started to come out (body hair) but hair on my head seems to be holding on! Dunno if it’s the cold cap working or the fact I’m only day 15 and a lot of people don’t start losing til about day 17… Il know in a few days! The minute I get a bald patch on my head it’s getting shaved off though :slight_smile:

Love to all xx

Thanks Rachel!! Yeah I’m sure everyone be glad if the leg and underarm hair falls out for good Eh? I normally have to shave my legs every day/second day ahhhh xxx