How did it go?

Continuing the discussion from Starting Chemo 6Th June:

Hello there. Hope you are doing ok. Just read your post from last month. I’m having portacath fitted tomorrrow morning and really nervous. Then 2nd round of chemo from midday. Can you remember how it was with the portacath? I know it was a bit ago but curious how it turned out. Sending all good wishes.
Also if anyone else has been through this recently, do you have any tips? I’m on the pre-chemo steroids so likely to be on line all night fretting before an early start tomorrow.

Hope all went well for you with fitting the portacath. I had to wait 14 days after having it fitted before they would use it for chemo. After that it has been bliss bit to not have to phlebotomists searching for veins in my arms. Though it takes a little longer to have bloods taken through it I find it well worth it. Hope you do too.

1 Like

Hi aologise for the delay Ive been super busy with work and not been on. How did it go ? I felt it wasnt pleasant getting it done but I absolutely love it now compared with people who have lines in. I have a friend going through ti with a pic line shes been in hospital a week now two delays to chemo due an infection in the line. Portacath definitely the way forward

Hope yuu are doing well c

1 Like

It went in really well though it’s still pretty sore 6 days on and I haven’t been brave enough to take the dressing off. In the middle of awful chemo side effects atm though. Gastric, throat and mouth terrible. Not sure how to get through another 4 rounds of this! :cry:

1 Like

Hi this is me , im wide awake at 2.19 am taken my steriods yesterday have my first chemo session at 2pm. Just joined this forum as im fed up of googling .

2 Likes

@ade66 I really hope you got back to sleep! Thinking of you today and wishing you all the best for the first cycle :two_hearts:

1 Like

So am I was bad with the mouth and throat. Omprazole daily has sorted it along with rinsing my mouth using cortisol mouthwash alcohol free all the time has worked. Finished my fourth EC and mouth was hardly sore in comparison and heartburn under control

I had my first of four Pacliataxel today not long home. I suffer very badly with anxiety nausea. when im on my way to hospital it starts and doesnt leave until im home but glad to have another one done. Was a very long day as it takes longer to administer this one. So far so good will keep you all posted.

Keep looking for that light at the end of that tunnel it is there x

1 Like