How to Look Good Naked!

Hi Kelly.Taped the programme on Tuesday and just watched it tonight,and can only repeat what everyone else has said that you showed great courage doing it and maybe it will get through to people watching that have no incite into what the “b” disease does to our self-confidence what we all hav to go through.Good luck for the future.Joyce xx

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for the bravery you showed in making the programme(s). My partner and I were really moved watching the recent show. Thank you also for your comments on your post. Wishing you all the best for the future. You are fab, girl, well done!

Hi Kelly,I’m pretty early in this journey having only been diagnosed 6 weeks & having my op 2 weeks ago.One of the first things someone from this site said to me was “Its your journey, your cancer” & that struck a very strong chord.You were terrifically brave to go therough with Naked & I’m sure we all thank you for doing the follow up which not only raised awareness hugely but for me also tackled that ongoing stigma of “Best not to talk about it”.The programmes described YOUR journey, YOUR cancer which was totally appropriate, yes you were a magnificent role model for us all but you certainly never implied that your thoughts were anything but your own.
I do hope your health continues to improve & you enjoy your new found confidence for many, many years.
Grace x

Hi Kelly,

I’m 35 and was diagnosed this July. Last year i wasn’t really that interested in breast cancer, i didn’t think it applied to me. Now i know it does!!I now realise the importance of making young women aware of this disease and encouraging them to check themselves! I think the programme was absolutely great and made me personally feel much better!Even though the first bit was hard to watch because you articulated so brilliantly some of my own feelings.
It was wonderful to see you looking so good and happy! Nice to know we can be confident, sexy and happy during and after this. I would like to be.
Thanks alot for making the programme,

Georgina x

I’ve just watched this online. What a good idea having a bra made and then filling in with padding and the bra making course. I’m off to google these tips.

Thank you Kelly for making the bold step to be in the programme and to the ladies would appeared in their undies.

take care everyone Wizz

Hey thanks Wizzaby. I think we all forgot the ladies who showed us that ‘you cant see we have breast cancer’ I could not tell in that line up could anyone else??? I also think that the programme and this site is wonderful. If it had been around when my mom was first dia,I know she could have coped better.I have managed because I have all my wonderful friends on here, Thank you xxx

Hi Kelly

I think it was brilliant you made that programme. It must have taken so much courage to be open about everything. Thank you.

Hope your health problems improve or get resolved.

PamelaP

hI kELLY,
I too, would like to offer my profound thanks to you for being so brave. You are an absolutely gorgeous lady (to look at and your personality which came across on the programme) and amazing for all you are doing to raise money for BCC.
I remember watching your 1st programme, with tears streaming down my face, because before me was someone who was feeling the same lack of confidence and despair as I was. The tips and guidance that Gok gave you began to make me see that there was an alternative to hiding beneath the high necked and baggy tops. I recorded it and have played it back many times , especially when I feel that lack of confidene and despair about my appearance again.
I was dx aged 39, and I have gone on to have a 2nd mx (now bilateral)and I can’t thank you enough for how much your programme has helped me. When I saw you with your beautiful make-up and hair, it made me suddenly realise that I had really let myself go since my dx and treatment, and actually, life still goes on and by taking a pride and effort in what I look like can help how I feel abpout myself.
Thank you Kelly
XXXX