I am in a really surreal place.........

Hi Claire,
I too thank you for your beautiful post. As a Spiritualist, I do not believe in death. I believe our spirit leaves our earthly body and we return “home” where we can look down and still see all our loved ones here, but we also are reunited with loved ones who have gone before us. We are sometimes tethered by our earthly bodies, especially when they become sick or disabled, but when we pass over we are truly free spirits again. We are all going to pass one day, nothing is more certain, but we should not see this as a sad day, rather as the end of a job well done on the earth plane and a return to God.
I am praying that you enjoy each and every day of your life and that you and your loved ones enjoy each other to the full.
Mxxx

Hi Claire,

What a lovely post - thank you for sharing this with us.

Have a great day tomorrow you certainly deserve it.

Love

Chris xx

Hi Claire, will be thinking of you tomorrow, have a lovely me day.

Your courage and strength is inspirational.

God Bless xx

Your support and kind comments are wonderful to hear, though I’m no one special, just trying to make so sense to all this. I may be ranting about injustice tomorrow lol.
I have had a lovely day with my sister and her girls, nothing special, just chatting everyday things ( she lives quite away away, so I guess its unusal) Went for a walk and released 3 3ft helium balloons that a friend had bought earlier in the week, now that was impressive, they floated completely out of visability (hope they didn’t tangle anywhere)
I’m not sure what I believe in, where does life end. Do i just float off like the balloons…I like to think I may. I write quite a lot now, lots of old rambles, most of it but it helps you to focus and think and one poem I wrote is what I would like.

Listen, can you hear me, I’m there you know…

I am but a single petal waiting in the wind
Catch me in a glimpse of your eye as I swirl about you
Busy taking in the beauty that is there
Swooping swiftly down to you

I am the light on the horizon as you look out to sea,
That little tiny glimmer that radiates out to thee
Twinkling there for just you and me
Like my eyes do when they look and see…you

I am that morning glow coming from low mists on the hills,
Creating a spark of warmth inside to start a new day
Like the porridge, steaming hot in the bowl
Filling you with strength and nourishment that I would love to give

I am like the diamond that glints in the soft white snow
Fresh, pure and with a twinkle, I’m ready to go
Laughter, echoing in the wonderlands of silence created
Listen, can you hear me, I’m there you know…

I am the soft autumn light on the ripened grain in the fields
Shimmering and sparkling, just waiting for the right moment to yield
Ready to burst forth, plump and tender to the touch,
Like a squishy big hug, always there for you all, those I love so much

I am there as the sun goes down, to put a smile on your face
To spread warmth and comfort in the times ahead
Be happy for me that we had these times to treasure and when you see these things remember me forever.

I will not be far away, don’t search, I pray
I’ll be around you in your day to day,
I’m not these things of nature’s beauty
but I treasure each one so there’s your duty
To look out for me in the things above
and I hope to bring a smile to those I dearly loved

Clare xx

Now that is an insight…

Wx

Beautiful poem, Clare, thank you.

I have to disagree with your comment “I’m no-one special”. You ARE special. Every one of us is.

Love and hugs

CM
x

As Welshgirl and CM say, a beautiful, moving poem.

Of course you are someone special… the self-deprecation is part of that.

And of course you might be ranting today, that’s the mystery of life in its fullness!

When the time comes for you to slip through the door/cross the horizon/whatever it is, poems like this will keep you alive in the hearts of those who love you best.

Until then, enjoy your precious moments, ordinary or special as they may be.

Thank you

Hello Clare, I enjoyed reading your poem.
Since Christmas, every time I have read one of your postings my favourite poem has popped up in my head. Dear Clare know you are beloved.
xx

Late Fragment, by Raymond Carver.

And did you get what
you wanted from this life, even so?
I did.
And what did you want?
To call myself beloved, to feel myself
beloved on the earth.

Clare,
Such beautiful special words. All I can say is thank-you. Thankyou for sharing your journey, your thoughts,feelings,words and poems. I feel very honoured to be able to share in all that and hope that when I’m in your position I will be able to share with others too. Bless you, long may you continue to be able to post on the forums. I hope we can give you something back, we are here for you.
Love Julie xx

Clare, that is just beautiful, thank you for sharing xxxx

Clare Thanks for sharing that poem.It seem at our darkess moments we can write the most up lifting words.And your poem will live on in us all god bless you xx

Just beautiful…much love and respect to you Clare xxxx

Amazing poem!!

Hope you enjoyed your me day!

(((((Thinking of you)))))

Marina xx

Dear Clare
I am going to write your poem in my spiral bound notebook kept for only special entries. Thankyou.
Esha

Clare, thank you for sharing your beautiful poem with us, you really are a very special person, & I hope you have many more special days with your family & friends, lots of love & prayers Lesley xx

Hi, Sleep is avoiding me tonight, I’ve had about 4 hours but had to get up as it was uncomfortable just laying there. I listen to the radio and am hearing about the poor people drowning, so I guess I am in a better place.
The Capecitabine has really kicked in quickly, my hands are like prunes and very numb and cold, difficult to type :o)Trying to carry on as normal though, I had a lovely Me day, the only callers were a delivery man and the nurse for bloods, then I just pottered, clearing stuff (I have almost a need to spring clean, get all the stuff that you have been putting off, I cleared out the shoe/coat cupboard so lots of stuff for charity lol ) My poor nails (had manicure) arn’t holding up well but they still look ok. I’ll have to glam up a bit for tomorrow as my brother and sister in law are coming form Ireland to see me. My ex doesn’t really have much to do with his family so I am hoping just to open up a connection for the kids as both are old enough to go out and visit and family are important to me.
Medically, if anyone is interested I am maintaining on 60mg morphine twice a day, which I am reducing to 40 this weekend to see if I am a little less ‘fuzzy’ I suppose I am taking about 30 pills a day. The inside of my body seems to take on a shape of its own, its really strange. Everything is presssing upwards and my stomach and I suppose intestines take up perhaps half the space they used to so I look pregnant, really high up with my trousers almost falling down lol. Oh forgot to say, I look rather chipmonkey like too lol with all the steroids…
Pain though ladies is at the minimum, uncomfortable and weak is I suppose what I feel, but I can do enough to carry on which is the main thing.
I think/hope the next few weeks with get back to normal, without the frantic feeling, so I can rest properly and be there for the kids more. I have an important parents meeting to go to, so am going to try and keep well for that as its my daughters future and I would like to plan even a little bit with her.
I follow some of your experiences and treatments regularly and wish you all well, Its the day to day living with the side effects that get you down, be kind to yourselves, put a little ‘ME’ time into your days and make them more bearable for each of you, you deserve it.
Clare xxx

Hi Clare,

I’m sorry you were unable to sleep for long and I hope you get more rest tonight and enjoy your family visit. I also wanted to say thanks for the beautiful poem.

Tournesol x

Clare

Hope you have a lovely day with your visiting family.

Thinking about you and hope you are able to spend quality time with your kids.

Laurie x

Good morning :o)
I had such a good nights sleep, woke up at 7’40 (must be a record…I had a good visit from my sister and brother in law yesterday from Ireland.
I had been up the night before and made a lovely dinner, cause I couldn’t sleep. ( cooking is one of the things I love, especially ‘posh’ cooking) They came at a very odd time, hoping that they wouldn’t put me to any trouble lol (kind)It was nice to do something special as they had flown in especially.
They were on my ‘tick’ list, I have these things that I want to sort out. My husband has little to do with his family, he is eldest of 8 and has no communication woth them really, even his mother. I feel though that my kids needed a point of contact as there are at least 30 cousins/aunts and uncles that they don’t know and I would like to keep the lines of communication open, even if its just a few visits. They were wonderful with the kids ( not seen them for 5 yrs) so I was really pleased (perhaps thats why I slept so well :o)
A quiet day by the fire is whats ordered today, the frost is heavy, so mayb later a quick walk round the village to keep my body from relaxing too much lol.
Much luv
Clare xxx

Hi Clare,
So glad you had a good day with you inlaws, and were able to enjoy that particular ‘tick’ on your list. I hope you have some special’me’ things on that list too.

It IS a gosrgeous day isn’t it - here in Glasgow the early sun made the (pale sandstone) buildings glow a gorgeous pinky colour and there is is crisp frost all around.

It probaby sounds really cheesy, but I am enjoying reading your thoughts in this thread… but hope that it never becomes a ‘chore’ for you… if it’s the choice of a special moment or writng here, please choose the moment. I hope that doesn’t sound patronising or telling you what to do… just that I am sure we all appreciate how precious life is. Think I’ll stop before I dig this hole any deeper!!

Have a wonderful day.

<hug></hug>