I'm so frightened

Hi, I’m new to the site, I found a lump in my R breast last week, and have been given an emergency referral to breast clinic. My appointment isn’t for another week and I’m terrified. I am only 29 yrs old and scared. I have had the most stressful year of my life to date and now I’ve been landed with a legal battle with an ex employer which is stress I don’t need. I don’t know where to turn. I am frantic and seriously stressed out at a time when i need to be looking after myself. Can anyone give me any advice? Why do I feel embarassed? -Is that normal?

hi pink
dont be embarressed, your in good company here, its the waiting thats the worst, i had to wait 2 weeks for my first appt, they did a fna and i was to go bk in 4 weeks which is thurs,

hopefully it will turn out to be benign, but if not you have come to the right place, the folk on here are at all diff stages and we are all here to support one and other

i,m 54 sweetie, and my lump was parially fluid find out more on thurs

stree is and will be your friend for a while
but we will be here to pick you up

love
cee

Hi Pink

I went to see a male GP yesterday and was told my lump was probably bone !!! Im going back tomorrow to see a lady GP armed with a list and I will get that referral that I need. I’ve been frantic and totally stressed out for 3 days but do feel better today having chatted with the lovely ladies on here over the last 72 hours .

Everyone on here is really supportive so chin up and dont be afraid to ask anything, cos one of these lovely people will have the answer or if not give you bucketfuls of love

Danni xxx

Hiya pinkfelicity3000, (what a mouthful!),

I’m sorry to hear you are going through a bit of a tough time at the moment. I know only too well how awful playing the waiting game is, as does every user of this site I think! I am glad you have found us, and ‘welcome’ to this wonderful site. You are certainly in good company here.

I found a lump in my rt boob in march, I was 34 at the time. My Dr referred me urgently to my local hosp where they operate a ‘one-stop shop’ service (although I didn’t know that at the time!). My appt was the following monday, March 19th, and the few days leading up to that appt were just horrendous! I ended up having to take time off of work as I could think about nothing else but what they might find on the Monday. I confided in only my boss at work and my boyfriend initially as I didn’t feel the need to worry anyone else unecessarily. However, my mum soon picked up that something was wrong and I ended up telling her about the lump I had found and the appt. The weekend prior to my appt was pretty bad to be honest. I was worried sick and there were a lot of tears.

At the ‘one-stop shop’ on the monday morning I saw an SHO initially who took a brief history and sent me off for a mammogram. After the mammo I then ended up having an ultrasound and then had to see a consultant who took several biopsies and did a fine needle aspiration (FNA). Unfortunately the news for me was not so good. I had a mastectomy the following week and started chemo in May. Chemo ends in Oct, when I’ll then be having rads, hormones and Herceptin. Phew!!!

I can totally understand how terrified you are feeling right now. My post is not meant to scare you even more by the way, please believe that. I wish you well for your appt next week, what day is it? I won’t say ‘don’t worry’ cause I know you will! Just remember that although there are obviously many of us on here, of varying ages, that have bc, there are also posts daily where people say they got on ok at the clinic and the lump turned out to be a cyst or something. Don’t venture too far onto the other forums on this site as you may get more scared, and unecessarily so (if you know what I mean?),

Take care of yourself and be sure to let us know how you get on. I will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you,

Kelly
-x-

All the best for tomorrow Danni, let us know how you get on. I have another chemo session tomorrow but I will be thinking of you x

Cee - you have been so supportive to the new users of this site, and all while you yourself have been playin the waiting game. I wish you well for your appt on thurs, be sure to let us know how you get on

Stay strong ladies and keep smiling,

Kelly
-x-

Hi Pinkfelicity
I know exactly how you feel, and there is certainly no need to be embarrased. I’m 32 and found a lump in my left breast on Thursday, Saw the doc on Weds and am just waiting now for the appt at the clinic to see what it is. I vary between absolute hysterics and complete indifference!!!
The ladies on here are absolutely lovely so if you’re feeling stressed or just want a rant put it all down on here!
Fingers crossed for you hun
xxxxxxxxxx
Claudia

Hi Pink,

I had a 2 week wait for an appointment and it was the most awful two weeks. One minute I was climbing the walls, the next I was feeling positive and that just kept happening. I couldn’t think of anything else. I tried not to keep talking about it to my partner because I thought he’d get fed up with hearing about it but the ladies on this forum were (and are) absolutely fantastic. I was very lucky; my first appointment confirmed that i didn’t have bc. I still have considerable pain, though so I’ve had x-rays and I’m now waiting for the results of those to find out what I HAVE got!

I really just wanted to echo what princess18 said; that not everyone here has bc but we are all very supportive of you. We all know how horrible the waiting is and we’re here for you.

Big hug for you.

beano x

Thankyou to all of you. I have been trying to take my mind off things which involved avoiding the internet too incase I got engrossed in ‘research’=panic! Appointment is Tues morning. Only family know about it. I also go between extremes of panic and positivity. Wish me luck and good wished to all of you going through waiting or treatment.

Look forward to hearing how you get on on tues pink! wont be back till thursday but will check in and see how you are when i get back xx good luck here’s hoping it’s good news!!! On a brighter note every time I go there is more people having good news than bad so lets hope your one!!

take care louby xxx

Hiya pink
My appt is Tues too, so i will keep fingers and toes crossed for us both. I am a nervous wreck at the moment
xxx

Claudia and Pink,

I will cross everything imaginable, (and that’s not a pretty sight!), for both of you on Tuesday. You’re right about the run of good news; let’s keep it that way, ladies!

All the very best to both of you.

Love,
beano x

Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow Pink and you get good news

claire xx

Dear Pink

Good luck for tomorrow, hope it all goes well for you

Cecelia. x

hi pink,
your in my thoughts hon hope all goes wll tomorow, i pray it is a cyst a fluid one at that, all my love and support
cee

Hiya Pink

good luck for tomorrow and here’s a few bucketfuls for you

Love Danni xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good Luck Pink, thinking about you.
hugs n kisses
claudia
xx

Hi Pink,

just wondering how you got on today,

thinking of you,

Kelly
-x-

Hi Pink,

Still thinking about you, hon. Hope you’re OK.

Much love,
beano x

Hope you ok Pink… thinking of you

claire xx

Hey Pink,

Just wondering how you got on, hope its good news for you hun, thinking of you

Lots of love,

heidi xx