January 2019 chemo starters

Hi ladies, mine is at 9:30 today…UK time ?
Hope yours goes well, thinking of you both xx

Thinking of you all today ladies.  I hope everything goes well - in fact I know it will!

D

:heart:

Hi everyone, I had my first AC (doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide) about 4 hours ago and I’m glad to say the infusion itself was very straightforward and not bad at all. The nurses were lovely and reassuring. I also met a young (mid 20s?) girl who is now on Taxol having completed 4 rounds of AC so she had lots of advice for me. Now I just feel a bit dizzy/spacey/weak - but given I haven’t eaten for 57 hours I don’t know if that’s the drugs or hunger!! I reaaaaallly hope I am feeling up to eating tomorrow at 4pm when my fast finally ends!!

PS Good luck and hugs to G and MaMaJuJu - not long now! I hope it goes equally smoothly for you. 

Wow, amazing, well done B74 ?
Have to let me know how your fast goes, not sure I have it in me but would be intrigued to know how you find it. Rest up now, take care G

Thanks G. Some people apparently fast fairly easily but I find it very tough, so would never suggest it unless someone was really committed (over the last couple of days I’ve had to keep re-reading all the research & anecdotal reports to keep myself on track!).

I know we’re on slightly different regimes but E and A are related, and everything else is the same, so maybe similar side effects??? Although reactions are very individual & there’s a big spectrum, so hard to really compare.

Well done first timers!   Thats one ticked off… now just rest up and follow your body.  Well done B74 on your fasting… crikey I couldn’t do that… in fact I found I ate more… hence the need to diet now! 

Big hugs to you all.

Kip

xx

Good luck everyone today. I hope it all goes as well as it can do for you. Amazing fasting B74 I hope you reap the benefits, it’s an impressive thing to do before chemo.
I am now 8 days in after my first FEC-T my appetite has definitely increased and I have eaten more, mainly to stave off nausea and the side effects of the steroids ? I have been eating extremely well. 5 a day, whole grains, mostly plant based. I felt pretty grim days 3, 4,5, and 6 . Feelings of nausea and general grimness. However, Day 7 I turned a corner and felt so much better. Back to the land of the living. I baked a banana loaf, just to do something normal again! It was yummy?
I have found arm and hammer sensitive baking soda tooth paste to be good along with rinsing my mouth with a bicarbonate of soda, salt and water mouth wash . I’m also taking homemade Manuka honey, lemon and root ginger and the antibacterial and anti sickness properties are definitely helping.
Loads of luck lovely ladies. We can do this ?

Hi! I started a new thread by mistake and can’t delete it but this is where I want to be! I start EC on the 11th so a bit behind you all.im feeling like a have to do a massive shopping list to get me through the first week- all I really want is a new outfit!? I’m 35 - is anyone else going through this with small children? Hope you are all feeling ok xx

Hi Hun, welcome!! I am a little older than you, 43, with two girls age 9 and 11 so different things to think about with this age group I guess than younger ones, very hard managing their emotions. Big hug x
I have just had my first EC today, I cold capped (are you planning too?) and this was fine. Only slight issue I have had is my veins haven’t played ball (they are always a pain even on a blood test) so we have decided that I am going to have a chest port put in in time for next one but that is all, but honestly everything was fine. Obviously expecting more over coming days. Thinking about you as the waiting is so hard. G x

Hi I’m starting fec-t on Tuesday 8 January.  I’ve already found the tips on here so useful.  I am very nervous about it all but it helps to know that others feel the same.  Good luck to all of us starting this journey this month.

Stuck at 14 - I’m also a bit older than you (44) with 3 kids aged 7, 11 and 13.

My older two are actually more anxious than the 7 yo, but maybe it’s also a question of personalities.

My 13 yo stayed up til midnight last night, turned out she was making me a book of “50 quotes for tough times”! Very sweet.

Thanks G and B64- I’m not going to cold cap. My hair is very find and I’ve already cut it into a pixie which I love! I actually want to bug my head shave and wig styling for the week after chemo- I can’t bear any more waiting for things to happen. Those who are a week in, how have you felt? Would I be best waiting nearly a week or doing in 3/4 days after?

Fantastic well done you! I have a second wig fitting this Wednesday, not sure I am going to be feel well enough but it was booked before I had my chemo dates, ideally I think I would do it more into/near the second week from what nurses have told me re the first week and how u r feeling. X

Hi ladies, I’m starting FEC-T chemo on the 9th January so am one of the club too! I went to the doctors for pre-chemo bloods today, I have my information session on Monday and then all being well Wednesday is the day. I’m really scared, more than I thought I would be. I’m ten weeks post mastectomy, the adrenaline post diagnosis has stopped pumping and has just left fear in its place!

Hoping that I can get through the first one ok then hopefully the rest will be ok x x

Hi Alif.  I start 12 weekly Taxol sessions tomorrow at 9.30am.  It’s the fear of the unknown that gets us isn’t it?  But we’ll be absolutely fine, you know.

I have a huge mound of stuff put aside to take with me - everything from cross-stitch to sherbert lemons - you’d think I was going on safari!

D

How are those of you who started on the 4th doing? Is it quiet because you are having so much fun it and about? (Crosses fingers) xx

Hi D, Stuck at 14 and everyone else, after my first EC on 4th, I have been feeling very nauseas and screen time not helping this as it seems to be a feeling in my head and my stomach but other than this ok. Thinking of u all so much x

Hi I had my information appointment today and the nurse was so helpful and I feel a little less anxious now.  She went through some of the side effects and showed us around the chemo area so that we know what to expect when I go for my first FEC-T tomorrow.  I just hope it all goes well for all of us new starters. Good luck everyone.