July 2024 chemo starters

Good luck with the tits and hair. Bless ya made me smile big hugs x

3 Likes

Great news the tumours has shrunk :tada::tada:
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

@pipspops howā€™s the ā€œnew boobā€? Your message made me smile (tits and wig) gotta find humour where we can :wink:

@booklover1 2 of my 3 are in school (y11 y13) and I have told the school

We are quite private but with 2 being in exam years I felt I needed to. Plus there is SO MUCH school comms, I wanted them to know I may not be totally on it. My husband (bless him) isnā€™t as organised. He even asked my youngest this week ā€œwhat year are you againā€ when looking at revision books. :woman_facepalming:t2:

Iā€™m still in a funk like many of us seem to be but think Iā€™m emerging from it a bit

Think the change of season and still much to do treatment wise feels emotionally heavy

I hope my cycle goes ahead Thur - my vein is being annoying and I seem to have artificial thrombophlebitis and mild extravasation. I didnā€™t want a port or picc as my hospital couldnā€™t do it for cycle 1 so I thought what was the point for the next 3. Not sure I made the right decision ā€¦ anyways just hope I get the green light for Thur :crossed_fingers:t2:

Does anyone else get anxious before the next treatment? I keep grinding my teeth / have restless nights

Happy Sunday all x

1 Like

Hooray re scan result !

This must feel like a win
Xx

1 Like

The ā€˜new boobā€™ had its inaugural outing yesterday afternoon for an early tea :grin::partying_face:, thank you. Iā€™m glad you feel a little movement out of the funk :kissing_heart:

Feels okay, clothes hang better, but itā€™s a little weird to have ā€˜somethingā€™ in a gap Iā€™ve kinda got used to. Iā€™m reasonably big (GG), so the weight feels fine in my bra - something I just couldnā€™t replicate with softies and bags of rice!!! It just all feels a bit ā€˜out of bodyā€™ - my chest wall is still pretty numb, so I donā€™t feel it against that, and when my arm touches something that isnā€™t part of me, unlike the other side, it feels a little alien. It does have a nice cooling gel on the inside which is rather pleasant in my internal fire moments :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hooray for the first outing with it. :partying_face:

And, gosh I may need a cooling gel too! The hot flushes are insane lol

1 Like

@deb1 and @idcand49 thanks for school comm experience. I think I have figured out how to get in touch with daughters tutor & welfare and will get in touch with them tomorrowā€¦New college is so big after school! Other daughter going back to Uni soon, maybe a good idea for her to let her tutor know too. She is a bit worried about going back.

Made me laugh about comms & husbands. There have been so many emails sent to us both already from the college & not sure he has noticed them lol :laughing:

I hope your veins are ok this week @idcand49 for the treatment. Is it the last one? I had my port put in last week, a bit delayed but I still have a way to go (should finish December).

Glad you had a good outing with your new boob @pipspops the cooling effect would be welcome here too :grinning:

How did you get on @cf640? I hope the treatment was ok this week & you didnā€™t need the overnight bagxx

Wishing everyone a happy Sundayxx

3 Likes

hi idcand49, yes radiotherapy referral is usually after cycle 3, and then you get invited for a day to show you round the unit and explain the procedure, radiotherapy is daily, although they usually start you off half way through the first week, and finish 15 days later, thats week days. My only tip is to practise holding your breathe, as they are treating your breast area ie over you lungs, you have to keep that area still whilst being ā€˜zappedā€™ , Dependant on the team you get some are great and ask you to hold, then breathe out, without much breather holding but for the big area i found it helped to be able to hold my breathe forā€¦30 - 35 seconds. you can do this. The bad teams or trainee teams ask you to hold your breathe, let a little out, then breathe in again, which is not an easy task to do. I pointed this out to them, and they improved. but i had to tell you because then you are aware. but you will get through this and then you will have a 2nd bell to ring, and if you want a group photo, let the nurses know. I hope the pictures on the ceiling are as impressive as we had at Oldham, they were of Dovestones reservoir. lol moonsox.

2 Likes

@moonsox - This is really helpful to know. Iā€™ve got Radiotherapy after Chemo and wondered when the planning started. Iā€™m currently on week 2 of cycle 3 of EC (start 9 weeks of palitaxel next) and so will mention it at my next Oncology appointment x

Help with breath hold for radiotherapy

https://www.respire.org.uk/resources
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi everyone
Gosh Iā€™ve missed a lot on here!
Iā€™m afraid ive been admitted yet again- this time was very dramatic and I ended up in ICU. Thereā€™s been a debate about infection or adverse reaction but they have found pneumonia and are treating me for that so perhaps it wasnā€™t the drugs after all.
But now I have the fear about chemo.
They wont do Pac/carbo anymore but move me on to EC once Iā€™ve been given the all clear. But Iā€™m still anxious.
Anyway, one day soon, i hope to be home and be fully independent. I hope to never be dn inpatient again. The staff are brilliant though and they make it bearable. And most of them recognise me now!!
Clare xx

5 Likes

Hi @ourkirst
Yes. I started a diary after i was diagnosed and it was positive and counting blessings and generally upbeat.
Now all i want to weite about is how much i hate cancer and what a horrid disease it is and how i hope they find a cure or a vaccine.
Clare xx

Sorry to hear you have been admitted again, youā€™re having a tough time of it. Hopefully now they know what it is youā€™ll be out quicklyā€¦. Sending hugs :hugs:

Sorry to hear this Clare - hope they get you well and home again soon . Take care xxxx

Sorry to hear that Claire, you have certainly had a rough journey through all this, hope you are home again soon and feeling better xxx

Sorry to hear this Clare. Hope you are feeling better and back home soonx

Clare, so sorry to hear youā€™ve been admitted again. I hope you can get home soon. Sending big virtual hugs. :hugs:

Someone mentioned hot flushesā€¦ I just want to say Iā€™m really struggling with night sweats and hot flushes. Iā€™m 45 and the chemo definitely pushed me into medical menopauseā€¦ I donā€™t know what I can do about it?

1 Like

I have a fan at the side on my bed. Very useful :ok_hand: xxx

2 Likes

Oh my ladies so much going on. Sending love to the lady who has been admitted again you really have been through the mill.
I had my first ā€˜paxā€™ today and touch wood I seem ok at mo.
The hospital have been fabulous but today was a bit of a long winded journey.
So when I got there at 11 they said that I hadnā€™t been booked in for treatment although I watched the nurse do it on a Friday and she had written it all down for me. So they booked me in for 12. At 12.30 the nurse who booked it came to see me to say there had been an emergency in the chair I was allocated to so they were looking to reallocate me. 1.30 she came to see me to say they were going to take me through but my treatment hadnā€™t arrived from the pharmacy ā€¦. Eventually I got treatment at 2.30 and got home about 4.45 ā€¦ā€¦ I met some lovely people in the waiting room but could have done with not being in there for nearly 3 hours! Good job Iā€™m easy going and had nowhere else to be.
Just switching my brain off and watching TV now

3 Likes

@cf640 hope youā€™re doing ok lovely.
@louc what a day you had. Glad you got there in the end. They say these things are sent to test us. Well i think we all are certainly getting tested. I had my first session on Doxetactel fri. 2 more to go. Was ok until yesterday afternoon. Wow i donā€™t think there was a muscle that didnā€™t hurt. Same today so just taking it easy with painkillers and rest. Hopefully pass soon. Take care of yourselves x

3 Likes