June 2024 chemo starters

@wjs exactly the same with me, dry cheeks.

I am having the last one on Monday :crossed_fingers:t3: For some reason a corner of my mind is thinking that they may say - ā€˜oh lets give you a couple more cycles of chemotherapyā€™ :see_no_evil::woman_facepalming:t2::joy:

2 Likes

@pat haha I know what you mean. I canā€™t quite believe itā€™s nearly done. Itā€™s only because Radiotherapy is busy planning my next treatment. Got my CT scan Monday for that so itā€™s all moving forward for the next stage. Good luck for Monday, hope the final side effects arenā€™t too bad.x

1 Like

@charlie22 so sorry about your Dad. Thatā€™s incredibly crap and unnerving. Hang on in there x

1 Like

Thanks Charley Iā€™ve just applied aswell :grinning: little boost x

1 Like

@wjs @nicd congratulations on finishing. Take care of yourselves itā€™s an odd time. Wishing you a speedy bounce back x

@wjs they reduced me to 80% and most definitely it made a difference. The nurse assured me that it would be as effective. I feel happier that Iā€™ll get to the end now. I wouldnā€™t have if it had stayed at 100%. Iā€™m just hoping that I donā€™t have an allergic reaction with the final one. My friend had a reaction yesterday and it sounded scary. X

2 Likes

@wjs I see the surgeon on Wednesday. Iā€™m not sure if heā€™ll give me a date then for the surgery or quite what to expect. Certainly it doesnā€™t look as if thereā€™s going to be any lolling about with nothing happening :roll_eyes:

@pat good luck on Wednesday. Hopefully youā€™ll get a date and you can then focus on getting the next stage done. My radiotherapy is likely to be beginning of Nov.x

1 Like

@wjs so you should be all done by Christmas!? :blush:

@pat the physical bits yes as I had my lumpectomy first. Will just be whatever medication I have to go onto.x

2 Likes

@wjs Thatā€™s good. I had the chemo first so feel I still have a long way to go. They told me a whole regime of tablets and 6 monthly drips and things lasting up to 10 years :see_no_evil::astonished:. I have entirely wiped it all from my mind at the moment.

3 Likes

@nicd congratulations for getting over this hurdle - I hope the next steps are kinder than what youā€™ve managed to conquer so far.

@alig1961 eyeliner I think is the way ahead! I bought false eyelashes but I still have a few of my own left and have been practicing eyeliner :crazy_face:. Great to hear you have 2 days in London booked - how lovely to spend quality time with your daughter :two_hearts: I know itā€™s not a holiday but a change of scenery will be lovely. Pleased to hear this round is more manageable than previously.

@charley thanks for the link.

I had time with my son and family Friday night - the little one is 13 months old and gorgeous - they live a few hours away so that time is so precious :two_hearts:. Also in my last week of chemo - call with onc tomorrow, bloods Tuesday and number 6 Thursday. Felt really good this last week and be great to get this final one done! @donna_51 I like how you described how you start to heal as your hair doesā€¦ that makes sense even when there is other treatments to go this rubbish feels like a big deal.

Enjoy your Sunday all - must get to watch a few more movies - doing yet another jigsaw!

1 Like

Iā€™m very grumpy today. Hubby was due to go to see Man United today so I was looking forward to a nice afternoon alone. Iā€™d planned my telly programmes and the snacks are in the cupboard. Heā€™s decided he isnā€™t well enough to go, he has had a VERY nasty cold, so thatā€™s fair enough, and heā€™s worried that if he goes it will set him back for looking after me after chemo :cry: So, my daughter is going, as usual, with her partner which means we are having our grandaughter. Not quite the Sunday I was anticipating. I feel guilty as she is adorable and no trouble but I find that nowadays I just canā€™t be bothered with anything :see_no_evil: I know when she arrives it will be absolutely fine, and I could have said no but then I would feel even more guilty. God Iā€™m bonkers.

2 Likes

Hi All
I hope you are having a restful Sunday.

I just wanted to message as Iā€™m fibding it really tough at the moment. Ive 3 more weekly pax and I am really struggling to bounce back now.
Im just feeling more & more exhausted / rubbish after each weekā€¦

Ive a (newly turned) 11yo and 9yo - im trying to be a ā€œnormalā€ mummy but im failing massively.

I know its not forever and hopefully ill feel better as i move out of the chemo phase but at the moment i just feel so bad for my kidsā€¦

Anyway noone can help really - just need to keep going & get through the next 3 weeks

3 Likes

Hi @bettyb24

Well done you for doing a great job so far ā€¦ā€¦ it must be so difficult with young ones at home. You are not failing - youā€™re tired. Be kind to yourself. :two_hearts:. It sounds easier than it really is sometimes.

I just have my husband and myself and thinking about other members in your household must be super hard. I canā€™t offer words of wisdom but there are others on here that are probably better placed to. All I will say is that children are far more resilient than you think (mine little angel is grown up now!!).

Remember youā€™re a good mumā€¦. sending hugs to you to get through this as easily and quickly as possible xx

@pat the afternoon wasnā€™t what you planned - hope you got through it ok - :joy: my hubby had the footie on most of the afternoon- I planned to be in the garden but it was too cold - so jigsaw and footie it was :joy:

3 Likes

@bettyb24
Iā€™m so glad youā€™ve poured your heart out on here. I hope itā€™s made you feel a bit better. I know when Iā€™m having a bad time and Iā€™ve used this forum the ladies havenā€™t let me down.
I have one daughter who is 15 and i feel that Iā€™ve ruined 2024 for her. I know there is nothing I can do about it and I know she knows that, but when youā€™re exhausted you donā€™t think straight and you can feel so guilty. If you werenā€™t such a fab mum those thoughts wouldnā€™t exist. Your kids will bounce back, like all of ours. All of our children want us well so we can make lots of happy memories when we get through this. You will be normal mummy again. Try and be kind to yourself because what you are feeling is normal but if you dwell on it, it could pull you down more. The counsellor Iā€™m chatting with says that cancer brings with it a lot of grief around loss, loss of identity, loss of connections, loss of opportunitiesā€¦ā€¦ā€¦we are exhausted at this stage but weā€™re heading in the right direction. Be strong, you have got this. Maybe consider the McMillan counselling sessions if you havenā€™t already.
Big big hugs lovely. Xxx

4 Likes

Hi @bettyb24

Iā€™m sorry youā€™re having such a tough time at the moment. I also have 3 paclitaxels left and a 8 year old and 6 year old at home. It is hard. Really hard. But youā€™ve got this. Youā€™re so close to the end of chemo. Youā€™re not failing at anything - your kids are loved and thatā€™s the most important thing in the world. I know the guilt and the worry can be overwhelming, but children are so resilient and Iā€™m sure they will be so proud of you and how fabulous youā€™re doing.

Thinking of you and sending you strength, positivity and a virtual hug xx

3 Likes

@bettyb24 Iā€™m sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment.

I think most of have at some point or another, with guilt, despair and hopelessness featuring large at some points.

@alig1961 @rrey I canā€™t add anything to your wonderful posts :heart::heart:

3 Likes

@collywobbles - it was actually fine, of course. Granddaughter was adorable of course :joy: and she had a nice long nap this afternoon :joy: Hubby was quite pleased he didnā€™t go to the match as they lost, got someone sent off and played rubbish! So whatā€™s new?

4 Likes

@charley22 Iā€™ve been thinking of you. Hope youā€™re ok :hugs::heart:

2 Likes