Looking for advice on Paget's Disease of the breast

I have been to my GP who is referring me to the breast clinic for further examination. When i asked her on what her thoughts might be, as to what is wrong with my breast she said the signs of Paget’s Disease and that she also found a lump on the side of breast to…
I am looking for advice on the the a red rush that has started from my nipple and is making it way round side of breast. is this normal?
and also with Paget’s disease is it common to have pain on the outside of breast where the disease is (mine is on my left) the right breast is fine and have no issues with it…

So sorry for so many questions

Hi

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you on Monday.

In the meantime our helpline is open until 4pm today, and we are open between 9am and 1pm tomorrow (Saturday) if you would like to talk things through.

If you do phone our helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Jayne
Ask Our Nurses administrator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

Hi bumblebee1,

Thank you for your post asking about the signs and symptoms of Paget’s disease.

This sounds like a difficult time for you, and it is understandable that you have some questions after seeing your GP.

It is important to remember that breast changes can happen for many reasons. They may be due to hormonal changes as part of your monthly cycle (if you are still having periods) or due to benign conditions (not cancer).

A red rash around the nipple and a breast lump can have many causes and although these could be a symptom of Paget’s disease it is not possible to know the cause of your symptoms until you have been fully assessed in the breast clinic. You may find it helpful to read our information on what to expect in a breast clinic. On its own breast pain isn’t usually a sign of breast cancer but a breast rash, whatever the reason may be associated with altered sensation such as pain, irritation or burning.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Katy

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.