New TNBC

I’m new here. I was recently diagnosed with IDC triple negative. Very overwhelmed about treatment plan.

1 Like

@butterfly5 I am so sorry that you are going through this. I was diagnosed with IDC triple negative a couple of weeks ago and am still struggling to process it. I have an oncology appt to talk through results of tests next week and then starting immunotherapy & chemotherapy the next day.

Thee are boards for chemo starters by month that have been a really helpful place to find out information and feel not so alone if that’s part of your treatment. xx

Good luck with your treatment xxx

I

That’s the same treatment they’re recommending for me. I’m talking to my job about how FMLA xan cover this. Thanks for the info on chemo starters.
Good luck with your treatment too!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @butterfly5

I’m so sorry to hear about your diagnosis but glad you have reached out here.

We hope you find the forum a helpful and supportive place. Please know that our nurses are here for you any time, here on the forum on the Ask our Nurses your questions or over the phone 0808 800 6000.

Sending our warmest,
Lucy

Hi butterfly
It is overwhelming and scary, especially tnbc.
But the statistics are improving all the time.
When you are able to start chemo and have a treatmenet plan mapped out, it gets better.
And you will find your way through it.
I’m tn. I’ve changed my diet, cutting out a lot of sugar and eating more vegetables and fibre, not drinking alcohol. I’m running still (but ive only had two chemos so far so I might have to stop). I’m not working though, like you are.
The chemo wards are relaxing places at my hospital and the nurses are lovely- hopefully you will find the same where you are.
Sending positive hugs your way.
Xx

1 Like

Hi @butterfly5 @cf640

I am so sorry to read about your diagnosis, I am also TNBC, Stage 2, aged 29. The waiting around for results for tests and appointments is the worse, but honestly once you’ve got your treatment plan you’ve got this! I am counting the weeks down, currently on week 9 out of 12 of my first lot of chemo! and they really do fly by!

Everyones treatment plan is different, but mine is pembro every 3 weeks, PC for 12 weeks (4 cycles) and then EC for 4 cycles every 3 weeks. I am also on zoladex (every 3 weeks) and did fertility treatment before I started chemo to freeze me eggs. After all this, then radiotherapy (TBC), surgery and more pembro for 6.5 months!

Sending you lots of love.

1 Like

Hi @emma1
Your treatment plan is almost the same as mine - I’m about a month behind you. They’ve put me on pembro every 6 weeks and I don’t have the pre- menopausal additions that you have- I’m 62.
I hope you are coping ok. It must be hard to be having treatment at your age.
Do you have a date booked in for surgery?
Clare
Xx

1 Like