Positive stories of TNBC

Continuing the discussion from New TNBC:

Hi I was diagnosed with triple negative Grade 3 in July, no lymph node involvement. Had mastectomy and start chemo in 3 weeks. Straight after my daughter’s wedding. Feels like a death sentence. Consultant talking about 5-10 years. There was so much to take in and I’ve forgotten what was said.

I had bc 24 years ago but this was a hormone receptive tumour, lumpectomy and chemotherapy.

Has anyone got positive outcomes, stories, Has anyone lived beyond 10 years following TNBC?

Thank you

3 Likes

Hi I was diagnosed 11 years ago with tnbc and never had a recurrence
I had lumpectomy and chemo and rads
I unfortunately have had a totally new b cancer which is oestrogen positive
Tnbc is scary but lots of women survive and thrive. Once its dealt with most women come off the b cancer sites so you don’t hear the good news
The 5 to 10 years your consultant mentioned probably related to explaining the survival rates, nothing to do with your individual life expectancy.
Wishing you well x

2 Likes

Thank you for your encouraging reply. Like you say there aren’t many stories of survival of triple negative on these forums sadly. Sorry to hear you have facing this again. I had oestrogen positive 24 years ago and was succesfully treated, with lumpectomy chemo and rads. Sadly in July I was diagnosed with TNBC in the same breast and underwent a mastectomy and now face chemotherapy again in 3 weeks after my daughter’s wedding. It feels like a death sentence this type of cancer and there needs to be more research into treating this. Once I’m better, I am going to try and do some fundraising.

Wishing you all the best in your treatment and recovery. Let’s have some more positive stories posted on here.

xxxx

3 Likes

Hi @2812 I am afraid I cannot update on 10 years but can say that just over 7 years ago I had a stage 1 grade 3 TNBC tumour with no lymph node involvement, and after chemo, mastectomy and radiotherapy I am still going strong. Stay positive and don’t read doctor google. There are more of us out here, in fact I met a couple of ladies at the time of my diagnosis on this forum also with TNBC diagnosis and they are doing fine too.
Sending hugs and positivity!

1 Like

Thank you. Glad to hear you are doing well. Just have to to take it day by day. Can’t really think about the future. The fact this is the second time I’ve been diagnosed is a double blow. although the last time was 24 years ago and oestrogen sensitive. Hope you continue to enjoy life. Totally different topic. What bras did you find the best to wear ?

1 Like

:heart: some more positive tnbc stories, Patricia prijatel, Joan lunden, Robin Roberts, a couple of us from the Oct17 chemo thread :heart: remember everyone responds to treatments differently so, try and live in the moment and make each minute count :heart: as you know it’ll try to take your joy, don’t let it :heart:sending :two_women_holding_hands::heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx