Newbie TNBC

Hi,

it’s been a mad month, I was diagnosed on the 9th of January with TNBC which had been treated since October as an abscess. I have had CT scan MRIS and Pet unfortunately I have a lesion on my liver pet scan pick something on my hip bone so another MRI yesterday.
This is all new to me I can’t sleep more than 3hours I am starting treatment tomorrow (SACT) Atezolizumad - Paclitaxel.
has anyone had this treatment?

2 Likes

Hi Sal74,

It’s overwhelming when you first hear the diagnosis. I’m sending you virtual support and hugs. For me, the alternative therapies like reflexology etc that I was offered in addition to treatment really has helped and booking in fun things that I always wanted to do. I ended up jumping out of a plane!

I had a year on the drugs you mention and, for me, I tolerated them pretty well. I was fatigued after a few months of treatment and we slightly adjusted the dose. Since then I lived pretty normally between treatments and was active etc the next day. While it was only effective for me for a year I know others who have been on it for longer.

I hope it is all going okay.

Claire

3 Likes

Thank you for answering I was looking at reflexology, I will ask at Maggie’s.
Sending you virtual hugs :people_hugging:
Xxxxxx

2 Likes

Hi, I replied to your similar post on the Macmillan site about my experience of Pembrolizumab, which works similarly to Atezolizumab.

Not sure whether you have seen this thread ?

2 Likes

that was me I thought I would join both groups.
Xxx

1 Like