November 2023 chemo starters

That’s good you are seeing a bit of hair growth, all small steps in the way back to some kind of normality :blush:. Won’t be long now till your surgery, you’ll be glad to get it over with. Hope it goes well xx

1 Like

I’m not sure how I’m doing at the moment. I’ve got 1 more chemo to go and I feel like I should be really happy! Just feel a bit lost really!

3 Likes

@jolly_bongo_owner. I’m sorry. It is really tough. You’ve been through a lot and it takes its toll. I did feel a sense of relief when I had my last chemo but wouldn’t say I felt happy as it wasn’t the end of treatment. It was just something to tick off before moving on to the next thing. I’ve had a few wobbly days myself thinking “is this really happening?”

I hope there’s someone who can give you a hug when you need it. It doesn’t solve everything but it helps. Take care. x

2 Likes

Jolly_bongo_owner :heart: sending :muscle::muscle::muscle: you got this :heart: this is part where you have to dig deep :heart: you know you can and we’re all :two_women_holding_hands: pulling you towards finishing line :two_women_holding_hands::two_women_holding_hands::two_women_holding_hands::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles: much :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

3 Likes

I get how you are feeling. I have had so many delays with chemo, I have found it really hard but also not sure how I will feel when I get to the end of chemo. I will still have surgery, rads and immunotherapy to go so won’t be finished treatment but think once chemo is done at least that box is ticked
Hope you are ok x

3 Likes

:heart:when you might be ready any of you Fi look at the bcn moving forward courses they are online or in person :heart: :two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

3 Likes

Thank you, looks like a good idea. I went in the Look Good Feel Better Workshop and it was very good

1 Like

@kitty3 How are things? Hope treatment is progressing.

@jolly_bongo_owner Hope you’re feeling a little better now.

I had axillary lymph node clearance two weeks ago. Surgery went well but I did develop a seroma which became hard and painful. Had it drained by the nurse today but I’m told it will re-fill and will have to be drained again, maybe another few times. Struggling with the exercises but I’m determined to keep at them to be ready for radiotherapy in a few weeks time.

Take care everyone. x

Glad your surgery went well, that seems to be quite a common issue having a seroma, hope it doesn’t cause you too many problems and you recover well from the surgery

I am having an MRI scan today then see my surgeon on Monday to discuss plans for surgery. I will be glad to know what/when it’s happening. I have chemo this Friday then only one to go :blush: They have decided not to put in another port as they think my body may reject it so having to use cannulas which I am not overly keen on but hey ho.

I hope everyone else is doing ok.

Hope you can get surgery sorted out soon. Nearly there with chemo. Cannula not great for you but then I still have occasional pain in PICC line arm two months after it’s been removed. Seems there’s no perfect answer. Let us know how appointment with surgeon goes. x

1 Like

Thanks, MRI scan done this morning so results on Monday
I think I am infamous in the hospital as they were asking me at my scan if I was the one who had the weird thing going on with my port lol

1 Like

Thanks @countrygirl1, I am feeling a lot better and definitely less lost! Glad your surgery went ok - apart from the seroma. Every small bit of exercise you can do will certainly help for the radiotherapy. I had my ct planning scan last week and start radiotherapy a week on Thursday. It’s a bit uncomfortable and I had 2 dead arms while I was being drawn on, tattooed and scanned lol :laughing:
@kitty3 you’re nearly there and the cannula isn’t too bad for 2 more treatments. They can give you a heat pad incase you think they’ll have trouble getting access. I had to have the last 2 infusions on my operated side because my other arm completely gave up after 9 weekly treatments and 4 x 2 weekly treatments.

2 Likes

I was wondering how my veins will cope with the immunotherapy after surgery/ rads as I have still got 10 to go but we’ll see, hopefully it will be fine
@jolly_bongo_owner You are getting there through your treatment, glad you are feeling a bit less lost :blush:

1 Like

@jolly_bongo_owner. So pleased you’re less lost! Let us know how you go with radiotherapy. I’m reading everything I can about it to be prepared. Think it will about another six weeks before I start which is good really because I definitively need time for seroma to go down, and to exercise. There’s no way I can get into an uncomfortable position with my hands above my head at the moment. x

Hi ladies, how are you all doing?
I am just out of hospital, was admitted last week with neutropenic sepsis again. I am due my last chemo next Friday but have a meeting with my oncologist the day before. Not sure if i will be getting the last one, I am hoping not as I don’t want to end up back in hospital again :crossed_fingers:
I have a surgery date for 11th June, looking forward to that then moving onto rads

1 Like

Oh no you’ve had too much bad luck, but its good that you’re out of hospital and on the mend again. I’m sure whether they decide to give you the last chemo or not will be in your best interests though and i hope everything finally starts to go more positvely for you.

I just finished my last radio yesterday - I only needed 5 sessions - and I’m starting to get some life back in me. Then I’ll be on the endochrine meds and infusions for another 5 years.

How are you doing @countrygirl1

2 Likes

@kitty3 So sorry you ended up in hospital again. It’s been tough for you. Hope it goes well from now on.

@jolly_bongo_owner. Yay! You’ve finished radiotherapy. Pleased you’re feeling better now and can start to move on. Ok, I know life won’t exactly be normal and you have the endocrine therapy and infusions and possible side effects to face but you’ve done well to get through it this far.

I have been having ongoing trouble with the seroma and have had it drained three times so far (over three weeks). It’s been getting me down a bit and I think it might need doing again next week.

Saw oncologist on Wednesday and it wasn’t the woman who I’ve been seeing up to now. I didn’t find him very approachable and felt that he didn’t want to answer my questions. Came away feeling upset.

He is now referring me to a different health trust for radiotherapy and it will be 15 sessions over three weeks. I have to await an appointment with an oncologist there who will arrange it. Really hope the seroma has cleared up by then and I can get my arms above my head.

He also said that I should take Letrozole for 8 years and gave me a prescription so I could start straight away. I haven’t started yet as I’m also being referred for a Dexa scan and I want to wait to see what my bones are like now as I have osteoporosis and Letrozole can make that worse. Have already had alendronic acid (finished 5 years ago) and am on Adcal D3.

On the good side, my hair is starting to grow back more now but I’m still not brave enough yet to ditch the wigs and scarves.

We are all getting there but it’s been difficult and I’m not sure how I will feel after rads. Don’t think there’s much follow up at hospital as far as I can gather. Think I’ll just be passed back to my original trust for yearly mammograms which I’m not confident about as I have lobular cancer which wasn’t found by having regular mammograms. Think it’s my time to say I’m feeling a bit lost!!

Take care everyone and let us know how it goes. x

1 Like

Glad you are doing ok and starting to feel a bit more normal. Getting to the end of rads is other milestone. Hope you feel ok as you continue with the endochrine meds

Sounds like you are having a tough time, I think we all have, I don’t think anyone has an easy ride in this journey.
I hope the seroma settles soon and doesn’t affect your rads. Pity you didn’t see your usual consultant, nothing worse than having to deal with someone you haven’t met before.
Hopefully your scan will be ok, definitely better waiting to see the results of that before starting the Letrozole. Fingers crossed for you :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

That lost feeling is horrible isnt it?! As you start to see improvements in your recovery you will feel less lost and more positive though. My hair is growing back now too - I have a good 1.5cm length on my head now, although it seems to be growing back grey instead of my usual mid brown. Like you I’m still wearing wigs.

I hope your seroma clears up soon. I’ve been lucky to not have any of those, but my left arm is full of collapsed veins that make my whole arm stiff and a little painful at times. I had the covid spring vaccination too and that made my shoulder really painful for 2 days afterwards.

I’ve not been offered a dexa scan but i am on that adcal stuff and will be having zoledronic acid.

Good luck with your further treatments x

1 Like