numb chin

Thanks Denise for the posting.
U know these things are a worry with side effects as I was led to believe they were minimal with this new injection.
I get aches, pain and a headache for a few days after the injection but was told its unusual.
I read somewhere on internet that originally it was only six treatments but now it seems to be on going but I suppose needs must with the weak bones.
When I had two teeth out before the injections the hospital dentist said all bone juice treatments cause teeth and jaw problems and also breaks in femur !!! But its rare.
Hugs ???

Hi iv had sixteen months on demusamab…i get achy extra tired and grumpy on about the second day…the injection itself I find fine…xxsharon

Yes we hope its rare.even if its not they will say it is rare…or not heard of it happening before…xx

I had 15 cycles, then they stopped it immediately! All drugs have their side effects its the chance we take. I’m obviously the rare one.

On a brighter note I’ve had the most fabulous afternoon tea with my friends and family for my birthday. It was absolutely perfect, couldn’t have been better.

I’m still in the zone for Thursdays op.

Take care
Xxx

Happy birthday . Glad u had a nice day.???

Thankyou Carolyn. I don’t generally celebrate birthdays, and hate being the centre of attention, so very proud of myself for actually having a birthday afternoon tea. I’m a bit like the Queen and having a few days to celebrate. My 50th is on Monday, so I’m going on a local steam train journey and out for lunch, then Tuesday a spa day with a friend. I’m making the most of it.

Lotsa love xxx

Denise .
That sounds a perfect way to celebrate a very special birthday …spa day is special so enjoy some pampering too.
Lots of hugs xxxx

Operation cancelled due to an emergency ?

Oh Denise …I’m so sad for you as you have geared yourself up for it …:heart::heart:

Hope that you get a new date urgently so you don’t have the stress of hanging around in limbo .
In the meantime try to do some a to z sleeping methods . I was anxious about my scan results and did the deep breathing thing …take big breaths in for a count of 4. Hold for a count of 4 and then breath out for a count of 4 …it did help a bit !!
Loads of hugs xxx???

Thanks Carolyn. Taken day off work. Gonna chill. Apt hopefully in next 2 wks as Neurosurgeon on hols in July!

I’ll try the breathing. It’s mt partner that’s in a state.

Big hugs xxx

Bet you have cleaned the house from top to bottom, done all the washing and ironing in preparation …and filled up the freezer in anticipation of your op too.
Sooo. .with that all done …put yr feet up, get a good book or magazine and some chocolate.!!
???

You know me too well ? trouble is now I have a freezer full of ready meals, and i want proper food!

Done some paperwork, gonna have an afternoon nap, then spend my birthday money on an iPad!

I know how to live the high life ? xxx

Denise …the ready meals will keep for when you do go into hospital …so leave them there!
Enjoy yr I pad …they r the best …I bought a cheaply one online …does what it says on the tin but nothing as effective as the real deal!
Hope u enjoy yr nap …I just can’t ever day nap …more’s the pity.
Hugs xxx

Phoned neurosurgeon secretary. She hadn’t seen him all day, he’d gone home. It was 4.15pm so she had no intention of phoning me. Said she’d call me when she’d seen him and “was that alright”. Well red rag to a bull! “NO it most definitely wasn’t alright”. Asked if it would be tomorrow. Yes if she saw him. Asked what time he would be doing surgery, am or pm? Didn’t know! But would call me. Had to put the phone down before I lost it. She said he did his own list. Does any know a secretary that doesn’t know the diary of the person they are secretary to? She needs a months work experience in HDU or ICU and then her attitude and customer service may come somewhere near where it should be.

Sorry I needed to get that off my chest.

Xxx

Hiya Denise
That’s terrible and I understand how cross u must b feeling.
Bet the "emergency op"tomorrow is the surgeon watching the England v Wales football match !!!
Keep pestering them …
Hugs xx???

Will do ?

I understand emergency op, but not “ill call you back and have no intention”

Probably best its not me he’s operating on, just incase he has to sew up quickly to watch the match in the afternoon! Hate for him to make the stitches too tight and give me a face lift at the same time! ?

Xxx

Ha ha …Denise …it’s good to have a sense of humour about it all !!
???xxxx

Hiya Denise
You’ve gone very quiet …have you got your new appointment yet? Keep nagging for it but hey ho you are at home unexpectedly so enjoy your weekend …even with a glass of something stronger than tea !!
???

Hi Carolyn

Yes I’ve now got my new apt, go in weds, op Thurs, all being well. I’ve explained to them that my cancer marker is going up and my oncologist won’t take me off Letrozole until post op, because if the tumour is cancer thee may need to give me different medication. At the moment she is thinking of Capcetabine. Not all cancer drugs can get through to the brain so it may be a different one. They have me as priority now.

Hospitals don’t have staff that talk to each other, so there’s no chance one hospital will talk to the other. At least they listen and note what I’m telling them.

Bet he wad glad he had the afternoon off to watch footy as they won lol.

I went back to work Thursday, and will work up until Tues again. Got weekend off so am now able to go to a 60th birthday party tomorrow. Can’t believe its a week since my afternoon tea party.

Have a lovely weekend
Xxx

Denise
So glad u have a new hosp appointment and can now now forward and get it done and dusted!!
Hospitals are so many different departments and busy …it’s a wonder they co ordinate anything!!
Chill and relax this weekend xxxx