Please sign up, and sign new petition to get Govt to fund Cyberknife treatment for all and not just those in the right postcode

Done! And I shared on FB noticed my good friends have also signed x

Signed and shared on FB xx

Signed it today and asked my friends to read it and sign it too. Val

Just looked and we have 840 signatures after just 3 days. Would be wonderful to get 1000 by tomorrow evening. You’re all fantastic, and I would like to ask you to remember the petition, and keep spreading the word. Thank you.

It’s a busy weekend, but maybe somebody dropping by will make some time to sign this important petition–AND ask their friends.
Thanks Lemongrove for the hard work!

Was thinking about spreading this through social networking. Have put it on facebook, but is there anything else? I’ve heard of Twitter, but don’t have a clue how it works, or what you do (sorry I’m a dinosaur). Can anyone explain please.

As nobody has replied, will ask again. Please can someone tell me how to promote this on social networking sites other than Facebook ? Sorry if I’m a bit ignorant, but I’m 58 years old now.

Lemongrove, I think maybe everybody 'cept me and you are busy this weekend. And I have four twitter followers and still don’t “get it”, so I’m not going to be much help. At 57, I’m right there with you in incompetence. So I’m bumping it up, in the hopes that it will keep it on top for a more twittery sort of person, and I’m repeating the website for the signatures (if it’ll let me, I can’t always make it like my links):

so that people don’t have to go back to the first page to figure out what you’re talking about.
Did you see the article in the Express about the cyberknife on 30 Sept? I’ve never read the Express in my life (I was googling cyberknife), and they couched the argument in political terms, but it was interesting just to see it in the media; it doesn’t get much press.

What about this?
http://preview.tinyurl.com/95xcxcf

Signed and shared

Quail, thank you so much for telling me about the article in the Daily Express. It basically repeats what It basically repeats what I’ve been sayiing. Which is that the Expert Committee set up by the Govt in 2010, and reported in 2011, to llok at the efficacy of stereotactic treatments like Cyberknife, recommended that it should be funded outright for some cancers and within a trial setting for others - and said that if more widely available it could save over 3000 lives per year. The article also mentions that the stumbling block is that the Govt are unwilling to set a national tariff for CK. For anyone who would like to read it, I have provided a link below.
express.co.uk/posts/view/256450/CyberKnife-could-help-thousands-with-cancer
It’s a shame that the article didn’t ask the Govt why they were unprepared to set a national tariff, given the recommendations of the NRIG (especially as it would allow commissioning bodies to budget). Maybe they are afraid that once they do, pressure will be on - who knows?

Quail has made a good point about providing a link again to the Cyberknife petition, so that people do not have to go back to it.
So here it is: causes.com/causes/795457-fund-cyberknife-stereotactic-radiotherapy-treatment-now-uk/actions/1689583?causes_ref=email&template=activity_mailer%2Fcustom_activity_mail&utm_campaign=custom_activity_email&utm_medium=email&utm_source

Signed and shared - I think you are brilliant for trying to get this changed as the postcode lottery is awful. I wish you loads of luck xx

Have Just posted a thread I hope some will read, about the new Cancer Radiotherapy Innovation Fund which has recently been publicised in the press, and promises to make new and advanced RT (including CK), available for all. Having read the Department of Health press release, it is nothing of the sort, and so I have gone through it to explain why.
Hope some may find it interesting.

Just to say the petition is going great guns, with over 1200 signed up now. Also if others have missed things, please would they sign and keep spreading the word.
Thank you

Signed and shared :slight_smile:

After a long weekend, maybe a few people are back on the boards after a bit of a break. If you haven’t yet signed this petition asking for better access for the cyberknife radiotherapy treatment that can make such a difference to secondary bc please give it a thought. Lemongrove has done a fabulous job of getting the word out, but more help is needed.

signed and shared on fb :slight_smile:

Well done Lemongrove, signed and shared with 50 FB friends xxx

Just another big thank you to all for keeping this going, and continuing to spread the message. I’m hoping my son and his girlfriend will help spread the message on FB, because they have hundreds of friends from their Uni’s and they all have mums who might need CK one day.