Post op results tomorrow…feeling like I did before my initial BC diagnosis

Mastectomy 2 weeks ago to the day…and recovery so far has been good. In fact can’t believe how quickly I’ve come to terms with having a softie instead of a breast.
Feeling now because I’ve had a good recovery, post op results tomorrow will be not so good, and they’ll be lymph node involvement and my 25m HR positive, HER2 negative, grade 3, Stage 2 Tumour will have a different diagnoses.
Hoping it’s a lower grade and no lymph nodes involved :pray:t2:
Sending best wishes to all x
Jackie x

6 Likes

Keeping my fingers crossed for you tomorrow

Sending hugs
Jackie xx

2 Likes

Wishing you the best.

xx

2 Likes

Got the all clear!!:blush:
I’m so overwhelmed with the good news, that I still can’t believe it.
Chemo next😩
Sending best wishes to all. X

10 Likes

jmg this is very good news!
Now onto the next step of the plan, you can do it.
There are a lot of good recommendations and experiences from other members in this forum that are of so much help.
If you know when youo start chemo, you might be interested on joining that month chemo thread.

Stay here, sharing when you feel like it.

xx

2 Likes

Thank you… x

2 Likes

Thats fantastic news

2 Likes

Thank you Sarah… still need to remind myself it’s good news, like many of going through this we never know what to expect.
Best wishes to you.
Jackie x

1 Like

Congratulations on the all clear. That is wonderful news :heart_eyes: Chemo not a walk in the park by any stretch but now you know it is blasting any microscopic remnants and giving you the best chance of keeping this evil imposter away permanently! :muscle::muscle::muscle: Lots of love and hope your recovery continues to be very positive xxxx

2 Likes

Thank you … xx

1 Like

That is fantastic news @jmg another step towards full recovery :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sending love and hugs to you xx

2 Likes

I know, the feeling of waiting is horrendous. Im just recovering from a lumpectomy and lymph node biopsies. Ive got 2 and half weeks for my results. Im starting to get really anxious about it all xxx

3 Likes

Hi Sarah
I know it’s horrendous waiting, all sort of things go through your head doesn’t it😢
I was just a week into my post op when I received a call from the Breast Nurse saying my results were back and appointment made the following week. Straight away I’m thinking it’s bad news with the results been so quick, as the Surgeon said 3 weeks.
Thank God it was good news! as all I was thinking the Cancer is floating around my body​:cry:looking for another piece of my body to latch onto :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
I was diagnosed last October and started on Letrazole to reduce my tumour size, for a lumpectomy. Unfortunately when I was assessed 4 months later there was no change😢 and been only a B cup I would have been left with a very deformed breast. I had an absolute meltdown in the Breast Clinic that day as I was convinced the Cancer had spread as the Letrazole didn’t work for me. Surgeon reassured me it did work as my tumour would have been larger if not. So Mastectomy was my only option.
No regrets and I’ve made an excellent recovery…
Wishing you the very best for your results Sarah xx

4 Likes

Thank you Tracy x and the very best to you too​:hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Thank you @jmg xxxx

1 Like

Thats great news, i had my lumpectomy 3 weeks ago tomorrow, had no results yet

2 Likes

Dear Polly,

So sorry to read that you are still waiting for your results to come through, maybe give your breast cancer nurse a call tomorrow and see if she can chase this up for you the as they are always happy to support you.

Fingers crossed for a good outcome, with hugs Tili :pray::rainbow::pray::rainbow:

2 Likes

They did say 4-6 weeks after my op. Breast care nurse rang the day after my op to see how i was. Not heard from them since. Nurse at go surgery has been looking after my dressings. She has been wonderful.

2 Likes

That’s awful Polly… hopefully for not much longer.
Wishing you the very best on your results. Xx

1 Like

Hi all, been for my follow up appointment today, margins clear and no cancer in sentinel lymph node biopsy. Got to have a course of radiotherapy in a few weeks and been put on letrozole for 5 years. Cant tell you how relieved i am. I already have my husband with terminal liver cancer, diagnosed 2 years ago and on chemo tablets so need to be healthy to look after him.

4 Likes