Results and such

Hi everybody! Hope everyone is well. Just needed to reach out. I was diagnosed with DCIS and IDC on the 19th. I feel a bit like a pin cushion at the moment. I’ve had so many biopsies and scans. It all feels a bit mad. Just found out yesterday that its spread to my lymph nodes now and honestly i just dont know what to do. They’ve also found something in my right breast but they dont know what it is yet but I’m absolutely terrified. I have a little boy whos 8 and I’m so scared this is gonna end badly. Sorry for the rant but I know you’ll all understand.

3 Likes

Hi zaravincent . You have come to the right place for support and rant away if that’s what you need to do to relieve the stress. The early days are the worse, it will get better once you have a plan in place. I was told that by the lovely ladies ( and gents ) on here back in November . I found it hard to believe at that time but they were correct , it does get easier once you are in the system. Sending you hugs x

2 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! I really appreciate it. Its good to know that it will eventually get better. Im clinging onto that for sure! Thank you again :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Hi @zaran, I was told on the 17th Jan after attending what I thought was a routine appointment to be told I had breast cancer! I saw my surgeon last Friday - I have IDC with 2 tumours in my right breast, I had another biopsy that day of one of my lymph nodes. I’m definitely having a mastectomy but no date yet. My CT scan is this evening and MRI next Tuesday 6th. Then it’s more waiting to see the surgeon again with the results and plan for surgery. I’ve been told I’ll definitely need radiotherapy but unsure on the chemotherapy at this stage. I too have children - 18 and 13. My 18 year old has autism and has taken the news particularly hard. But I know we are in the best hands and this forum has been an amazing support to me in the short time I’ve been here :heart:. I guess I just wanted to say I know exactly how you are feeling and all we want is a plan for treatment x

4 Likes

Welcome Zara although I’m so sorry for what has brought you here. I would like to echo that this information gathering time (as I call it) is the absolute worst. If you need to have a doctor prescribe you something to get through it, then do it. There’s no shame in needing help. Secondly though, many women have node involvement with breast cancer. It’s common and there are protocols to handle it. Treatment is a great equalizer. So just hold on but know it does get better in your head once this process is over with and you can focus on just beating the damn thing. Many hugs sent your way.

3 Likes

Hi zaravincent

I was diagnosed last September with grade 2 Idc, they thought my nodes were clear but after surgery it was found in two off them. I then had a full axillary clearance and the rest of the nodes were negative, my onco score came back at 11, so I’ve been told 5 days radiotherapy and hormone tablets (maybe bone) as well going forward.

This is the worst time after being told and waiting to gather all the information they need to work out the best treatment for you.

Good luck
Take care
Jackie xx

1 Like

Bless you all for taking the time replying and telling me your experiences. You’re all absolutely right, this is the most stressful time!! I’m due to have a PET scan (just waiting on the date) and I’m just terrified its gonna be somewhere else. Although theyve told me what they’ve found so far is early… so I’m keeping my fingers well and truly crossed!! You’re all amazing! Thank you all so so much :heart::heart:

I’m in the same boat as you in that I had my CT scan on Tuesday and I’m petrified it will be somewhere else - my surgeon has said mine has been caught early but it doesn’t stop the horrific anxiety and panicky feelings. It’s like a wave of fear that comes over me. I’m having my MRI on Tuesday and then back to see the surgeon next Friday. Really hoping I get my surgery date at this appointment :crossed_fingers:.

1 Like

Oh bless you! Its awful all the waiting isnt it? I hope you get good results and soon. Sending all the love xx

PET scan all done… now just a waiting game for the results. Thank you for everyone’s kind msgs. You’re all amazing :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Sorry to hear your diagnosis but welcome. I have a grade 2 IDC HR+ Her2- 30mm tumour. Well its gone now as i had lumpectomy. Waiting for my results for lymph nodes and margins. Pretty scared. My 3 young kids are all holding my hand and holding me up. We will beat this. Good luck for your results! Keep us posted. X

2 Likes

Bad luck. Also must be difficult to know what to say to your son. I would try and explain things as simply as possible. He is bound to pick up on your anxiety so say you are sorry he is worried but you will value his support and help to support him. It’s worth asking if there are any services to help him locally.

Seagulls

1 Like

So glad that’s done. I know this waiting is awful but soon it will be over and you can start fighting this thing.

Hi Zara, im sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I also have been diagnosed with breast cancer and im awaiting on operation date. I have a little boy who is 8 as well. Ive had scans and mri showed something in my other breast. I had a scan and they said it was clear. Im petrified whats going to happen with me and trying to be strong fkr my little one is so hard. Im here if you need to chat. Your not alone xxx

1 Like

I’m so sorry, Sarah. We all know the shock and devastation that comes with a diagnosis. However, the millions of us on the other side can assure you that this diagnosis normally does end up just being a blip in a long life. A horrible and life changing blip but the vast majority of the time full recovery does come. If you have any questions or just need to vent, we’re here. Many hugs sent your way!!

3 Likes

I just felt I had to reply and say I really emphasise with you and my position is similar in many ways.
I was diagnosed with a grade 2 IDC in December. I had a lumpectomy and my oncotype was 17 . This is low intermediate but in my case it is not recommended for chemo. I am starting radiotherapy tomorrow and have begun Tamoxifen. I also might need Zoladex injections but need to discuss this with my oncologist . It’s a whole language and world that I knew nothing about.
I am 42 and also have two little boys aged 8 and 6. I noticed that someone said they have an autistic son.My 6 year old was diagnosed with autism three days after my diagnosis ( I expected it but the timing was very far from ideal).His traits are quite subtle and he is doing well ( I know it’s a broad spectrum) but I guess it adds another dimension.
I am still up and down with how I feel and I have always suffered from anxiety. I have found it better since I started moving forward with treatment. This forum has also helped me so much. Just being able to message people in a similar position is helpful. I have also been so grateful when people have answered specific questions I have had. I really wish you the very best and hope your treatment moves forward quickly.

3 Likes

Hope your doing ok love, its so hard trying to come to terms with all this especially when you have little children that rely on you and things nees to stay as normal as possible for them. Sometimes i just want to stay in bed and cry but i cant as i have to to the school routine, birthday parties, afterschool clubs, work and visit my Mom who has dementia and is in a home. Just wanted to say. If you ever need support im here to chat.

3 Likes

How are you getting on with Tamoxifen. This is scaring the most, for some reason!!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @starburst

I have only been on it for ten days so haven’t had any side effects yet apart from some very very mild nausea. I think they take a while to kick in. However, my oncotype came back as a low medium and I think that there might be a chance that my oncologist might want me to try ovarian suppression.

1 Like