Results good news

Hi all just wanted to share with you that I had my results from my lumpectomy and lymph node biopsy and they told me they had got it all out and it has not spread. Next plan is radiotherapy and tablets. I’m honestly completely over the moon. I was convinced the news was going to be bad. I feel so so lucky that I’ve had this news. Just wanted to ask how other people felt after this news. Obviously it’s the best news but I feel abit numb today and exhausted. I even feel.like I don’t believe it and they have got it all wrong.

28 Likes

Really great news @sarahjaneavfc
What you are feeling sounds really normal. It’s hard to believe any good news and you need to force yourself to take it in.
I’ve got my lumpectomy and lymph node biopsy tomorrow. Hopefully it’ll go well and I get the same great news.
Try to enjoy the good news and treat yourself but I do understand why you feel numb. I read somewhere that when you get good news on this journey its not the addition of something good but the elimination of something bad, so it’s a different type of good news. It’s feeling more relieved than happy I suppose??
Take care and good luck with radiotherapy xx

7 Likes

Ohh i really hope you get on ok tomorrow. Please let me know how you get on.

3 Likes

Excellent News Sarah :tada: I’m delighted for you. I was the same as you leading up to results day, terrified it would be bad news again. When the surgeon said we got it all …I was like numb as I expected the worst.
Best wishes going forward
Jackie x

2 Likes

Best wishes for you tomorrow x

2 Likes

It only hit how good the news was a few days later. I had to have chemo too as I was Her2+.

3 Likes

I had same results and felt the same . It’s hard to celebrate because even though it could be worse, it’s still cancer .
I’m thinking of doing a Moving On course .

4 Likes

It was a little different for me as I had a procedure that failed and I knew it had probably failed at the time but there was a seven week wait for that to be confirmed via a check mammogram even though the Radiologist and Surgeon also thought it had possibly failed - I’m on a medical trial so these were not normal circumstances . So after my lumpectomy and SNB when they said they had got it all with clear margins and that it hadn’t made it to my lymph nodes in the meantime it was such a relief and I was overjoyed. Because they had been so open with me before I had complete confidence that it was ok second time around. I hope that you are able to believe them as well because there’s no doubt that this is a milestone .

It was February but a lovely afternoon and I can remember drinking cava with my friend who has also had BC on her little boat with a couple of other friends as well . I hope that you are able to take a little time to celebrate because you deserve that .

It is complicated though , it’s a big milestone but there will be others so I can understand if you don’t feel able to let your guard down and relax and the exhaustion is perfectly understandable . I had a massive case of survivors guilt because I found out the next day that my colleague had died of prostate cancer. All sorts of things were going through my mind so I went for a long walk which did help and I was able to remind myself that his case was very different to mine and that he would be happy for me . Nature helped me throughout the whole wretched journey and that day I saw dolphins off the sea wall for the first time ever so I took it as a good sign. Xx

@clay83 have my fingers crossed for you tomorrow xx

6 Likes

Congratulations :smiley::heart::tada:!

1 Like

Hi sarahjaneavfc, that is brilliant news. I felt similar after I was given the news that they got everything out and it had not spread and went from feeling huge relief and very grateful and lucky to hoping that they were right. The emotional rollercoaster you go on definitely wipes you out.

4 Likes

Sarah just really deeply enjoy this moment. I wish you every continued health and happiness joy💕 Don’t feel selfish just be happy

Hi I have just had the same news. Had a lumpectomy and the cancer had been downgraded ftom a 3 to a 2. They said it hasn’t spread. I am waiting for radiotherapy and a bone density scan. Started my anastrozole tablets 2 days ago. I still feel anxious and worried. Wondering if i should avoid certain foods and feeling confused. I think its normal to still be worried. X

6 Likes

They mentioned the moving on course to me, would you do face to face or online xxx

Yeah i know im confused. No one has mentioned foods to me.

Hi Sharon . I’ve had a week of Anastrazole and am starting radio on 13th May . No foods to avoid , as far as I can see but Anastrazole can affect your bones . I’m trying to make sure I eat enough protein and calcium . I even had sardines for lunch this week :nauseated_face:. A healthy diet can help with menopause symptoms too .

1 Like

@sarahjaneavfc I’m booked on the Moving Forward course in June and doing the face to face at my local venue. I recently went to the Fatigue Workshop and found it really beneficial being with people going through the same as you and feeling the same as you. Hope you find it helpful too. x

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I was told by the Macmillan nurse to avoid vitamin E. Just wondered if you know about this? X

Try to do it face to face if you can? Thats what i did and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn’t want it to end and found two sessions not enough! Good luck. Xx

2 Likes

Thanks i would have done the course but as im in East Yorkshire the nearest one is a 2 hour drive!! Xxx

@sharon I have been on Letrozole for four weeks now and just 3 more radiotherapy sessions to go. So far the only side effect is fatigue but I already struggled with that. Like you trying to sort my diet out. Can you take part in any of the courses on line or perhaps find a group near you for support. Being with others going through the same allows you to be free for a while, we laughed, we cried, worries and concerns were talked through and we realised we all felt exactly the same. There were lots of hugs at the end of the session and I came away with a big smile on my face. There’s always somebody here for you. Sending you a big hug and positive thoughts.