September 2018 Radiotherapy

Ringing a loud bell for you Wombat and shouting Woo Woo! Well done - have a fab weekend xxxx

Good morning everyone,

Wombat Woo - today is a different day - you do not have to travel into radiotherapy. :slight_smile:

Bibi - how are you doing? Could you remind me how many sessions you have had so far? I have remember that you are scheduled 20 sessions. 

GreenDamsel - Tuesday is soon approaching. :slight_smile:

Yesterday morning I had my 12th herceptin injection. After this I went for a drive in order to gain some confidence. Since going through treatment I had long periods of not driving as I did not feel well enough. I can now relate to those who are nervous driving. Yesterday, the weather here was lovely and so in the afternoon I dragged myself out and emersed myself in the outdoors. 

I have been informed side effects from radiotherapy will peak 10 to 14 days after treatment and so this weekend and early next week I am planning to get out and about, meet up with friends in anticipation that I may crash later on in the week. 

I have a counselling session Monday morning which I think is very good timing.

All the best to those heading into treatment today. :slight_smile:

Morning Anxious - what a nice feeling it must be to wake up and not have the hospital to visit - can’t wait for that feeling - I have today and then 5 boosters next week and then I’m done .

im feeling good today - hoping the weather stays nice for the weekend.

well done on the driving - I too have had periods of not being confident of driving - I’m OK locally but I couldn’t face the cross city drive we have to do for my appointments- city drivers are crazy!

I hope your counselling helps you xxx

Good morning,

How is everyone doing?

I am waiting for the fatigue to start, I managed to stay up until 9pm so I have more energy at the present time. My skin feels more prickly but the diprobase is soothing. Drinking loads, a combination of herbal teas, green tea, milky coffees, cordial. Physically I feel like I am getting stronger.  Emotionally I am still healing. :slight_smile:

I have an appointment with the herceptin onc this afternoon to just check how I am getting on. :slight_smile:

Last session Green Damsel. I can hear them polishing the bell for you … ??

Good luck green damsel, last one!! Bells are poised and ready!! ?

Wombat woo & Bibi it’ll be Thursday & Friday before you know it.

It’s 3 weeks since my last treatment and the day I’m ‘permitted’ to start swimming so I’ll be in the pool this afternoon ?. My energy levels are back to normal and although I’m still adjusting to Tamoxifen I feel I’ve turned a corner this week, being away helps

Maggie x

Getting ready to ring for you Green Damsel ?

Anxious - I won’t be finishing Friday ? - machine broken today so appointment cancelled- if it’s fixed it will be next Monday now. Feel really flat - the end of the week has been the goal and I know it doesn’t really matter but I feel fed up. However the sun is shining so going to take advantage of the day off and go for a long walk somewhere - maybe Dovedale. 

Must be weird suddenly not having appointments or waiting for a treatment to start - sure you will readjust but may take some time - sending you hugs ? ??

Thanks Bibi. Really sorry to hear your machine’s broken, everything crossed they fix it so you can finish Monday instead - horrid to have milestones moved. Sometimes BC feels like one long round of waiting… enjoy the fresh air, Dovedale is lovely isn’t it? Mx

Wombat Woo, sorry no idea why I thought you finished this Thursday!! Congratulations ??x

Well done GreenDamsel it is a milestone indeed! Ringing some bells on here for you ???

Relax and enjoy the rest of your day
Mx

Well done Green Damsel for getting to the end of rads ??

Sure it is a weird feeling to suddenly be free and sometimes these milestones are a bit of an anticlimax - but a few weeks time you’ll hopefully have your energy back like Maggie - good luck.

Green Damsel. Your finished

???

Sorry the bells aren’t dinging I had a bit of a nightmare trying to make them do that…, ?

BIBI what a bummer ! We will keep the bells warm for you for Monday

Maggie - thank you ?

Anxious how are you doing ? Any unexpected side effects ??? They gave me 1% hydrocortisone cream for the prickles. I feel as if the inside of my boob is bruised it needs to be supported - no hanging loose at the moment ?

Wishing all you lovely ladies a very relaxing prickle free evening ?&?

Hi Anxious Sole - SNAP fatigue has suddenly hit me tonight so much so that I have come to bed. I also have dose of the runs which isn’t helping

Rest well xx

Bibi, I hope there are no treatment delays for you today and you get to tick off another completed session. :slight_smile:

Afternoon all - machine working today - and only 30 mins behind schedule ? so only 3 left !

I have also been using bio oil on scar - well I was before rads - decided to just stick to Aveeno ( after dropping the Aloe Vera) A’s didn’t think I would be massaging during rads if breast was tender. Actually my skin is less red than it has been at the moment- we will see how that goes ?

Anxious on Prime - something quite light and funny The Marvellous Mrs Maisel is v good

If you like quite dark detective series Cardinal ( made me decide I couldn’t live in Canada - too big and empty and scary lol ) 2 series - v good if a little gory at times.

watched Mystery Road too - enjoyed it, haven’t watched Killing Eve yet. Watching The Cry - agree that bloke is a bit dodgy .

Keep well 

Bibi 

17/20

Morning ! I have been away from work since the day I received my diagnosis. I intend to go back at the beginning of November. So I will have been off around 15 weeks … ?

Yes Green Damsel if we don’t get it right now we will never get there xxx

Take your time you guys and don’t go back until you are 110% - once you’re back you’re back is true in so many places and I don’t think many people really understand how debilitating fatigue is as opposed to just feeling tired. 

Its 40 weeks since diagnosis for me and will be 35 from start of chemo , through surgery and radiotherapy, with still 12 more Herceptin injections to go. It feels like a never ending journey, I’m retired so I don’t have to face the prospect of going back to work but I am hoping I regain energy not too long after finishing rads so I can start to enjoy my retirement again ?

Good luck to all you young people in your return to work.

Only 2 more to go !

Bibi

18/20

Sort of in that I have a lot of leave to take so will hopefully work 4 day weeks. Difficult as my work involves a lot of travel ??

Thanks for your thought Anxious and Green Damsel

Walking in the hills sounds bliss - my favourite activity - although the way I puff up a slow incline it’s hard to imagine ever getting to the top of a big mountain again - but I will :mountain::mountain::mountain:

I find poles really helpful going up and down - don’t tend to use them on the flat but did do a day’s taster session on Nordic Walking a couple of years ago - look for one of them Anxious they will teach you how to use - we did it in autumn on a walking festival week offering free sessions. 

Today the weather is so bad I am going to cook for the freezer ??:umbrella::umbrella:

Enjoy the chocolate Anxious Sole.
I am off to Cyprus on Monday for 2 weeks with my hubby

I wish you all the very best for the next 2 weeks Bibi I will be ringing the bells for you on Monday ???

???