September 2023 Chemo Starters

@copperycat i hope you get your call today and you can know what is happening next. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Wow great news. Good luck with discharge. Let us know if your car is still there. Iā€™m really concerned :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Car was still there hoorah! @naughty_boob
Had a bath and will watch the traitor and chill now :sleeping: thank you xxx

4 Likes

Glad you got home and your car was still there @pinklilli3s ! :hugs:

Oncologist rang to say there has been no change in the MRI on my spine - good news, but has ordered a PET scan just to be sure, which has to wait until I finish Radiotherapy. So much better news than I thought and fingers crossed for the PET scan! :blush:

4 Likes

Omg wohooooooo!!! Such great news!!! MRI are usually telling, they did one when I was admitted thinking it could have metastased on my spine (hard swallowing when youā€™re in pain in A&E) but I was like how Iā€™ve been on chemo for 12 weeks to kill ALL cancer cells and CT scan in August was very clear.

Am so happy for you. Thanks for sharing the news :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:
Iā€™ll share some dogy news once Iā€™ve met the owners :slight_smile: xxx

3 Likes

@copperycat thatā€™s fantastic news. Hopefully you can rest a bit easier tonight.

@pinklilli3s very glad the the car was there to get you home and you are back on an upward trajectory. A night of fun television and sleeping without beeping awaits.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s brilliant news @copperycat :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you so much everyone. Iā€™ll
Sleep better tonight ! Feel like I can plan things now / was scared to even think about planning stuff :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hi copperycat, so pleased for you, thatā€™s great news. It must have been awful waiting a long time for results. So pleased the oncologist called you as promised too. Hope you slept better last night :heart::heart::heart: xxx

3 Likes

Hi naughtyboob, hope your PICC line pain settles soon. Thank you for understanding and practical advice. I do need to explore the support out there. I have read a couple of books but think I should explore counselling/someone like me etc.
Do you all find your brain working overtime when you wake up in the night, in the mornings etc, worrying? I certainly do.

3 Likes

Hi frazzled, a cocktail of chemo drugs for you too. How are you going on yours, esp carboplatin? I had 3 lots of that before changing to EC and found nausea and constipation the worst things. On EC, itā€™s primarily heart rate, sickness, and pain.
I looked in the mirror this morning and face is flushed bright red from steroids and even more moon faced. I dread the two days after steroids as I am so down and overwhelmed then.

4 Likes

Morning @daffodil1, yes am still in the midst of the chemo cocktail. Last anti-nauseas and steroids tomorrow then its just injections till next Thursday along with the non-stop task of trying to balance constipation and nausea meds. Doing okay but on a well known downward trajectory until Tuesday/Wednesday. Trying to remind myself that each of these days is the last one, so just get through them one by one and donā€™t look back.

I think I might have had a tendency to moon-face pre chemo but I am definitely full-moon now! Seem to have added an extra chin despite not much weight gain. Ah well I am planning to get fitter and slimmer (a life-times work so far but with added incentive this time) once I am out of the main treatments in summer. Hopefully that will tackle it.

Sorry to hear you are feeling low. I was on anti-depressants about 15 years ago. When I came off them which took several years of slowly lower doses I felt really low for a few days about two weeks after each reduction. Once I realised it was a pattern and it was the meds and not me that really helped. It is not you feeling down it is the meds making you feel down. Once they are out of your system in a couple of days the real you will bounce back. Stay strong. One day at a time. Just think last time we did this we were trying to get through Christmas and New Year. That feels like a lifetime ago so soon we will be three weeks past this cycle and hoping in my case for a bit of hair growth and the return of my taste and energy. We have lots of physical improvements to look forward to in less than a fortnight.

Big hugs. S

3 Likes

Iā€™ve accepted not to fight my brain worrying at night if/when I wake up but adopted this technique. You can carrying talking to yourself or you can sleep, up to you body / brain. And then I apply the DICC technic

I direct, instruct, command and compel my body to sleep RIGHT NOW. Repeat until you do and it usually works cause I canā€™t do this and think about something else :joy:
Then if I have negative thoughts I read my positive post it at home and DICC technique: you are not born w negative thoughts, your immune system is amazing, youā€™re healing in already in progress. Blah blahā€¦
Am still under treatment so canā€™t quite compare to the dread I might feel once discharged, but thatā€™s why Iā€™ll pay (she charges Ā£40) for the counselling as my ā€œpositive safety netā€ :blush:

The last of the 12 week cycle was the hardest for me too, physically and mentally.
On EC weā€™ll, I havenā€™t had a clear since was in hospital this week, but really tired, muscle ache. Os that EC or thyroid? Not sureā€¦
Extreme nausea but not vomiting, and constipation. Deffo loosen way more hair and quite rapidly . Going piky blinder, old man style,

loosing the sides and top. Actually havenā€™t ridden since Christmas so that goes to showā€¦ Hoping next week might be the week before my next EC. I want a conversation w oncologist, need to recap on latest events.
Going forward is the only way xxx

3 Likes

@pinklilli3s I agree - just need to move forward one day at a time. Hopefully youā€™ll get some positive news from the oncologist next week. At the moment I am just under the blankets in my thick thermals watching trash tv. Comfort clothing and comfort tv.

4 Likes

Pinklilli3 :+1: your doing great with hair :grin::heart: donā€™t forget the moving forward course you can book yourselves into :heart: and anyone Derbyshire you might want to enquire at your MacMillan if they still do the 4 sessions at spirit and soul equine therapy :heart:Sarah the owner is a tnbc survivor herself :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

1 Like

A comfort day is a well deserved day! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Oh tell me.more about the move forward course? Is that in bcn? xx

2 Likes

Yes, you can do online or in person :heart: you should be able to read more about it on bcn website and how to sign up :heart: :two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

2 Likes

Morning all,
Sorry to hear about your hospital stay @pinklilli3s and congrats to those of you who finished chemo this week, even if it doesnā€™t feel like much of a celebration yet!

Iā€™ve been quiet as Iā€™ve had the week from hell and am now in hospital myself! Felt my energy levels seriously plummet last weekend, and then had increasing discomfort when going to the loo. Thursday at Chemo they thought I probably have piles, just need to use some haemorrhoid cream. My haemoglobin was low, and infection marker borderline, but they went ahead and did my pacli (8/12) and then sent me home and told me not to worry about it. I spent the next couple of days basically bed bound, and was admitted last night with a temp of 39.3 :see_no_evil: Iā€™ve had antibiotics and a ton of fluids and the temp is coming down, but now also have a very swollen bum cheek so clearly have some sort of infection down there, Iā€™ve never had such a firm arse!

Looks like I might be kept in tonight too while they figure that bit out!
X

3 Likes