Snow Watch!

Pinches snowman’s nose for the delish roasted root veg with lamb steak for tea tonight.

Another swimming comp tomorrow as long as the venue doesn’t say it’s too snowy. Should be ok, but I’ll be very happy being inside a nice warm swimming pool (on the side, not in the water) rather than out in the cold.

Throws a big snowball at cheeky ChoccieMuffin

Ducks behind the sledge that she bought back in November (and that’s why it didn’t snow at the end of 2011).

Peeks through curtains at the thicker splodges of snow as it falls and decides not to put the cat out tonight. (Not that I do any night, he sleeps on me and keeps me warm - who needs a hot water bottle when you have a squirrel-murderer to purr in your ear and dribble on your neck. Ugh.)

hello ladies jumping in here to say thanks for the giggle. You are all so funny about the snow1 it is great to have a laugh.

Chocciemuffin I used to take my El swimming every morning at 5.30 for training and you reminded me of it when you mentioned swimming. My OH and I spent 7 years taking him to training & galas. Really good times,even if it was early. Met some other ladies who I still go out with for a meal once a month.

Enjoy the Snow capers!!

Maj x

Agree with Majesty… It’s been good fun reading all this today
I was really excited to see what our puppy would do in the snow…should have known…she ate it!

Been sitting by the fire all evening with some mulled wine…yum!
X

So jealous! No snow here - I think we are too close to the sea. Son and daughter got caught in the snow when they went to a football match 27 miles away. I didn’t believe them until I saw the snow on the car when they got back.

Wonderful snow here, about 6 inches or so… perhaps I will get my sledging in tomorrow…I think i’ll go to bed now and save some energy, think i’ll need it just to get down the garden path!!!

Glad you got home ok Twinky…Throws largest snowball at you on your sofa nibbling choci :o)
Clare xxx

Started snowing here in Irchester, Northamptonshire at about 5 pm. 12:35am now and we have about 3" with no sign of it stopping just yet!

It’s really thick here in Kent and it continues to snow…
I fell asleep and was quite surprised by how much had fallen in such a short while…
I’ve been waiting for this all day as the tension grew on this thread…but as I fell in last year’s snow and broke my arm I’ll be just watching through the window!
After 13 months of physio I’ve become a real geriatric where falling is concerned… and to think I used to ski down the black runs!!!
However, the beauty of snow is just so magical isn’t it?

Stop hogging all the snow down south! Here in Glasgow it is just black ice where the rain froze and bit of frsot on the grass verges. Snow? What snow!

No snow on the Wirral :frowning:

Lots of the white stuff here in Brill, Bucks. 6 inches when husband measured it. The village children are playing on their toboggans. My neighbours have a Christening today. People from South Africa , Arizona and Singapore attending and all out with cameras. The Windmill looks so picturesque on its common hill. No doubt it will be four wheel drives only today to get in and out of the steep roads. My husband has been sent out with his chain saw to increase the size of the log pile.
A good egg bacon,tomato mushroom sausage and Tattie scone breakfast to set us up for the day has been consumed that should last u til six when a good roast dinner at a farming friends will be held. We will partake of their produce - sorry veggies .

Morning

Very pretty here with a few inches. Sorry you’ve missed out Revcat x (throws a long distance snowball at Revcat). Hope Clare is busy whiz zing down the slopes this morning screaming with laughter!

Warm hugs to you all

Twinky x

I have only just got up Twinky…woke at 6 then got another hottie and went back to slumberland till 10.30…bliss. No one is up in the house yet, apart from the dog, she’s been out for a snuffle, she loves the snow and bouces round like a puppy. We can’t have had that much snow as there are cars driving through the village. Often we have been cut off for a few days here.
So first on the agenda is my 4x4 man to come and collect me…I’ll have my breckie and then round up the troops…I am determined to go and do it, just need a little help from my friends :o)

Have fun all

Clare xxx

Thick snow overnight here in rural Sussex. Our dog has seen it and is contemplating romping around the Ashdown Forest later. He has also seen me put on a steak and kidney pudding to steam, and is contemplating eating left-overs later.

Its snowing here
-Lot Valley, South West France …and i dont want it to, cos we have to drive 2 hours to Toulouse tomorrow for my post op appointment …
please thaw in the night …please thaw in the night …please thaw in the night…

Mary M

Hi 4 or 5 inches of snow in east midlands you can have some of ours if you would like

love poppy x

Hi just seen this .We had about 4 inches of snow in east yorkshire .Hooray . Downside as usual we came home to a huge snow willy in our back garden .Why oh why can’t my son be normal ,he’s 18 now and still builds one lol !!!xx

Love it Lisha, made me giggle :slight_smile:

Its all gone here in worcester :frowning:

Sadie Xx Xx