stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND) (Part 2)

Ooh sounds brilliant that’s the journeys I love haha.
Yes arrived here fine, torrential rain at home and came through to sunshine woo hoo.
Cold now though brrr.
Had both jabs was fine apart from stiff arm, only lasted a day, fingers crossed you are the same.
YDs house is looking fab what a difference. Slept in new bed last night and don’t remember a thing until morning woo hoo still waiting for sideboard hopefully next week.
Spoke to YD in the morning before I came through cause she was a little worried she sent me photos and I said get in contact with doc asap she did and has appointment next week. Am super concerned it’s a mole that does not look healthy at all.
Arrgh
GS is sitting with all sorts of electronics around him, thats his favourite no knitting here haha xx

Fingers crossed the mole is nothing sinister and/or is dealt with quickly. :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

My sore arm is easing now but was very painful yesterday. I spent most of the day with a mild headache and utter exhaustion. Everything was a massive effort. I felt like I did when I actually had covid! :unamused: I gave up and went to bed at 9pm. On a Saturday!! :astonished:Much better today though. OH has been fine so I don’t know if it’s because I was already tired after my jaunt to Norwich - including days starting at 6am!! - or because it was Moderna this time and I’ve not had that before. Still, worth a day of feeling c**p to escape weeks of the same?!

Clocks back so dark at 4:30ish. Boo hoo. I’m so not ready for that!

While I was with GD, I knitted a wooly hat for her baby doll - to go to with the knitted babygro I made for her before. We decided it needed a bobble but I didn’t have the necessary to make one quickly, and it wasn’t long before we had to leave for the station, so I’ve made one today. However, I accidentally cut the card ring so it fell apart somewhat. I managed to salvage a small pompom from the wreckage but not before I was COVERED in pink and green wooly worms!! I have a feeling I shall be finding them on the carpet - and my person - for weeks!! :joy:

PS roast free range chicken dinner, chocolate pudding with salted caramel sauce (my new obsession) and chocolate sauce in the shed as per… xx

It’s like glitter stays for ages…just stopped finding confetti that was buried in rug haha.
Thank you for yummy dinner woo hoo.
Glad you are feeling better now. only had the ouchy arm.
Had bowel screening same week as mammo, came back all good, there was a notice on the van saying 5 weeks for result so am feeling positive because it was very, very quick when they did find something.
Stomach churning about YD appointment not until fri.
There were no trains returning from YD’s all had been cancelled so managed to book a bus, tickets were being snapped up really quickly, journey was no bother but I am left about 2 miles from home. No taxis available and no buses on a Sunday, WHAT???
Walked down road thankfully not raining, train stops in town which is the reason I always travel that way.
Popping into town later, couldn’t face it yesterday so spent the day lounging.
Have to go in because screw fell out of my glasses arrgh hopefully be fixed today. Can’t see a thing hahaha xx

All good news thank goodness whew. A referral but doc doesn’t think it’s anything to worry about, so so relieved.
What I was unaware of was that if a parent has had squamous cell a child is much more at risk so have warned girls to be aware of any changes, check check check.
Bought a small extra gift for ED, finally managed to find a pink rose bush so delivered today, 2 weeks late haha.
Have been pretty quiet just catching up on a few things.
Lying on sofa, feet up and oh so comfy hurrah xx

Phew! What a relief that YD’s Dr is unconcerned. Still good to follow up the referral though because, in the unlikely event that he’s wrong, the sooner it’s treated the better. Yours responded to treatment after all.

YD confirmed that they WILL be coming for Christmas again this year. Hurrah! When I left them, last week, she would only commit to “some time in the school holiday”, which would have been fine, but actually here for Christmas day makes it more special. She has also backed down on the “no presents” rule (she said she made that remark before the new meds improved her mental state!!) so I asked her to update her and GD’s wishlist on the Things To Get Me app (other wishlists are available) and I’ve been happily online shopping for most of the day. I must order the turkey. I’ll probably do it on the way back from swimming tomorrow.

I’ve bought a folding “Perching Stool” for OH because he struggles to stand for too long in the kitchen and was chuntering about looking for a folding stool. I got in first and got a proper sturdy - recommended by occupational therapists - one, before he purchased some rickety old c**p! I’ve often wished I had a kitchen large enough to have a sofa in - or even a chair - for those times when something needs watching so I daren’t leave the kitchen but I want to rest the tootsies. I shall be furtling this stool out from in the cupboard by the boiler and plonking my not inconsiderable behind on it!

I have also bought him an extremely clever single handed tray so he can carry stuff in his non-wobbly hand or to have a hand free for holding the stair rail. I’ll keep that and wrap it as a surprise.

We had loads of rain again all day yesterday but today was sunny so I put the roast in the oven on the timer and we went to our favourite country park to see the autumn trees. We decided it was too cold to have our mugatea and cake on the bench and returned to the car. It was lucky we did because the skies opened just as I was brewing the tea. It absolutely threw it down for about 10 minutes. We’d have been drenched!!

Roast Welsh hill lamb dinner with plum and nectarine crumble and custard. You’re welcome. :grin:

Whoop! Whoop! Hip hip hooray! Email from train company (it’s been ages, I’d almost given up hope): they are going to refund me for the delayed journey to Norwich. All of it. 100% refund of the return ticket price even though the trip back was fine. At this rate, the train companies will bankrupt themselves!!

Ordered a free range turkey from the farm shop, on the way back from swimming. Nom. Nom. Nice to know C C Trains will pay for it! :smile:

Only a few weeks left until I’ve finished my 100km Yorkshire coast swim. Only 7km or so to go so I should be in Flamborough head before Christmas. It’s taken much longer than anticipated. Lucky I’m not actually swimming in the sea or I’d probably have succumbed to some deadly pollution-related disease by now?!

Hurrah for the refund and the turkey haha.
Gosh lamb was yummy, thank you!
Fab news about your girls coming, you must be very excited. Will you all be making the mince pies together or will you have them done prior to?
Hopefully OH will enjoy his new seat.
Goodness forgot you were still swimming haha.
Have had a quiet week, have a cold arrrgh, where did that come from?? Lots of sneezing and snotty nose…
Am off to YD’s soon so am resting, have warned her about cold. Am actually babysitting this time. Glad she is going out, nice change.
Sideboard comes next week hurrah, will miss delivery, think I’m more excited than she is haha.
It’s been very cold here, always say the same thing “I’m freezing” brrrrr. Don’t like feeling sooooooooooo cold.
Found a new pasta sauce (jar) handy to keep in cupboard for quick tea, it has cashews in it? Bought one a while ago and ate this week whilst sitting on the CBA bench. It was delicious xx

Train journey was good very busy.
Arrived again to sunshine hurrah, super cold though.
Left heating on at home -6 supposedly brrr.
GS is beside me with lots of tech, at his happiest.
YDs back door lock has broken oh no waiting to see if new door needed or new locks. It’s annoying cause we have to keep using front door to get to bins etc. hopefully be sorted soon.
Am not sure if I have a cold or an allergy??
GS is sneezing too so don’t feel guilty if he does get cold cause he’s already got one haha.
Had a huge bacon roll for breakfast yum, more in the shed xx

Bacon rolls? Where? (Innocently wiping ketchup off my face :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
Glad your train journey was uneventful. Hope the return is too.
I’m in the park, enjoying the autumn trees in the sunshine and getting OH out of the house for a while.
I didn’t bother changing out of my men’s slobbing about the house joggers, because “It’s cold and we’ll only be in the park”, but OH just asked me to pop across to the hardware shop to get him some insulating tape. It was a relief to see it was closed so I could scuttle back away from civilisation! :flushed:

It’s actually quite warm in the sun too!

The cashew pasta sauce sounds delicious. I once made pasta with peanut butter, after hearing it mentioned on the “Off Menu” podcast. Can’t remember exactly how I did it - probably Googled (other…) it - but it was soooo easy and very tasty. Even He liked it and He doesn’t like peanut butter! :joy:

I’m getting hungry just thinking about it. I hope He’ll soon be ready to go back to the car (it’ll take him half an hour to walk the 100 yards! :roll_eyes:) so we can go home for tea and cake. No idea what I can be a***d to cook for dinner.

Weirdly, it was warm at YD’s too for a couple of hours each day. It’s def not warm here and has not stopped raining since I returned…
Whew you were lucky shop was closed hahaha.
Train home was perfect. It was very busy but was back in 59 mins. First time in months woohoo.
Well, decided to phone docs, 45 mins re dialling every 5 secs finally spoke to reception, doctor phoned me quite quickly asked me to send in pics and she would get back to me later that morning or in afternoon, perfect.
NOT!!! Am still waiting…
Pop up that has just appeared
“You’ve posted a lot in this topic! Consider giving others an opportunity to reply here and discuss things with each other as well”
WHAT???
Am I not angry enough…breast cancer now! xx

Oh. My. Goodness. I’ve just got the same PINK (YUCK!) pop up. As if we’ve been discouraging ANYONE from joining in. Livid. Absolutely livid. I think we’re being told to ****** **f …ahem…go elsewhere with our positive “there is life after cancer” chat. :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Anyone reading this, do please add to this thread.

Hi,
I love reading your thread. I very rarely post but I just had to reply.
Ali

1 Like

Thanks for that, Alicat. KatyTC and I continue to post on this thread in the hope that it gives comfort and hope to people further back in the scary BC journey. And also in case their are any surviving Benchlanders lurking.

I’m glad it isn’t just the two of us reading it! :smile:

Interestingly, the pop up hasn’t appeared: perhaps due to your joining in… or maybe our complaints?

Wishing you well. You’re welcome to join in, whenever, or lurk, as you wish… if we’re allowed to continue this thread!!

Please carry on ,I have read the whole thread .It made me laugh so much
From a Lurker!

1 Like

Aaah thank you so much Alicat and brillo24, very kind of you to respond.
Gosh you must have been reading for hours haha.
When we all felt so very vulnerable this thread made each day brighter, so much joy, laughter, fun and lots of help when you were so very worried.
The message received was extremely offensive and downright rude.
Benchland is a friendly place where everyone is welcome always.
Thank you again girls xx

1 Like

What she said! :point_up_2:

Best wishes to everyone who has been diagnosed with BC, whether recently or years ago. We’re all in this together and I will NOT feel guilty for posting on this thread (oh the irony?!).

THAT van was in the CoOp carpark again (even though said supermarket is closed and undergoing a major refit to become a different big-named supermarket). As always, it made me wobble slightly, even though I no longer, irrationally, blame it for my BC upheaval and acknowledge that it probably saved my life!

Hi again,
Me posting 2 days in a row, unheard of! Thank you for your welcome. I was diagnosed 8 years ago, didn’t find this site until I started rads so didn’t really get to be in group going through things at the same time. I work 3 days a week in foundation at an infant school as a nursery nurse, though I spend most of my time standing in for the teachers. I’ve been there for 31 years and would love to be able to retire, but can’t afford to yet.
I’ve enjoyed reading your posts for sometime. Thank you for making me laugh and sometimes cry.

Hello Alicat woo hoo for posting twice, you are welcome here anytime.
Shame you didn’t find the site earlier has been so informative especially in the days where a sore toe could mean something else haha.

Oooh the van, did feel a little nervous this time still no letter but am now not worried at all.
Am still waiting for doc to call so sitting near the trying not to be fuming bench.
Have you heard anything?
Out for lunch soon, we are going back to our old favourite, yum.
Discussion will be where are we going for Xmas lunch??
Am going through to YD’s very early on Monday morning to do some shopping well YD is shopping said I would keep her company, maybe we can fit in a lunch?
Nipping along after lunch to see ED and family they have all had the cold. Still not sure if mine was a cold or an allergy, it was certainly different haha. xx

Ali, I was an TA/HLTA for 22 years, a lot if which was covering classes but everywhere else in a Primary school, rarely in Foundation. I enjoyed most of it but I don’t miss the stressy bits now I’m retired (sorry :face_with_hand_over_mouth: don’t mean to rub it in: hope you get to retire before too long. x)

Enjoy lunch, Katy.

Had a acary moment yesterday: “Private and Confidential” letter addressed to my first name, so either bank or medical. Then I see it’s from the hospital! What??!! :flushed: Opened it with the usual thumping heart trepidation. (Nearly 12 years on and it still gives me the heeby jeebies!) It was a copy of the letter sent by neurologist to my Dr saying it’s not CT or neuropathy. No wonder I’ve not heard from Drs! So much for “two weeks”!!? More like two months?!

Then, today, I get another NHS letter. Good grief! This one is an invitation to THE VAN next Friday. I’m actually quite pleased about that because mammo isn’t due until May 2024 but I’m starting to get neurotic about the lumpy bumpy scar tissue/rads damage soreness and my intermittent digestion problems (which are obviously exacerbated by worrying about what they could be!) I need the reassurance if a clear mammo. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

I take it as a good omen that the appointment they sent me is at a convenient time in a quiet week. (The recall one was a rearranged one!) Never used to be so superstitious! :roll_eyes:

Knitting this afto. Another week where the 2nd Tuesday (sewing) and 3rd Friday (K&N) are in the same week. Just to confuse my poor befuddled brain? :crazy_face: