Support group for members with weight issues?

Morning all

I’d like to join in too if thats okay. I have been on Tamoxifen for just over 2 years now and have gone from a size 14 to a 20!!! 3 stone heavier and not a happy girl at all. Support would be great.

Current weight this morning = 15st 9lbs ideal weight would be 12st 7lbs. Are we going to record on a weekly basis?

Claire x

If you liked I could document starting weights and track them over time? That way we could celebrate when people hit milestones (with cakes…nooo)? There would be absolutely NO negative stuff…we’ve all been through enough bad times and could do without further disappointments. Let me know if you think it would be a good idea or not?

PS. I feel drawn to offer as I have an unnatural love of spreadsheets!

twinny2 - Good idea and thank you. I was going to do one - but, from me, thank you for offering… Christiane x

Hi twinny2

Brilliant! Maybe you could send us the link each week?

browner
x

Gosh I am hungry…brilliant idea having a spreadsheet. Dont forget its what we lose that is brilliant not where we start or finish…I should add that I’m knee high to a grasshopper so my BMI is high :slight_smile:

Absolutely, it’s what we lose that counts. Operation spreadsheet completed. If everyone sends back their new weights or losses on a Wednesday or Thursday (either on thread or PM) I will report back each week. To start off with, how about I arrange to send summary details to all participants’ private mailboxes so we maintain a degree of privacy?

Anyone else wanting to join just throw in your statistics and welcome aboard!

We’re off! Good luck everyone!

Top tip - laughing can aid weight loss, by increasing the heart rate and calorie expenditure. Sounds like my kinda activity!!

Good luck to you all
love jenny xx

A friend of mine came round for a cup of tea and she was clutching some fresh cream cakes. How could I refuse. I fell at the first hurdle!!

Hi

I know just how you feel! Since the weigh in on Tuesday I feel so hungary. I am trying to eat sensibly and the hardest thing is to lay off the red wine (now day 5). Have been doing a 35 min walk each evening. Lets hope it shifts!!

browner
x

I can’t drink any wine at the moment - doctors orders - so that isn’t my problem. It’s the sweet stuff that is my downfall - and lack of exercise. That’s a good idea - a walk each night. I will try and do that too to keep you company!

See you at 19:00 on the corner!

browner
x

Hi

I am buying a bike tomorrow, I cannot wait to get on and start peddling!!! Lets hope it helps. I used to run 5 mile every day but since DX I don’t do it anymore, with the extra weight I find it really hard so I am hoping this gets me going.

Anyone any other ideas?

I hope your are all staying positive, my office friends have all had bacon sarnies for breakfast !!!

Take care

Claire xx

I’m eating strawberries each time I get a sweet craving…only 28 calories per 100g.

good luck girls, i too am trying to lose some of the flab, gone up to 13 stone but lost some this last couple of weeks, so now 12stone 8. but im only about 5 foot 3 so mega overweight., had gone up each year before chemo, but even worse since treatment, and tamoxifen, may not be helping, but i too am going for long walks and it seems to be helping. if im desperate for choc, curlie wirlies are about 115 calories, so i go for that. ice lollys i have solero which are to about 100, its no good me doing without everything cos i dont think i will keep it up.
happy slimming.
x

Hi all, would love to join in. Now 11st 10lbs. Although too heavy that has come down stone and a half before the dreaded diagnosis!!

Would love to eventually get back down to 10stone and don’t really mind how long it takes.

Welcome to the club lulu650

browner
x

Hi all would like to join you, am 9 st 3 (but very short!)

Welcome Starflower and good luck

I got that Friday feeling yesterday and had fish and chips in the canteen. Plus choc rolls for tea brought in by a work colleague. Work and dieting just aren’t compatiable!
Will try harder over the weekend - am off for a swim now.
good luck everyone
xx P

Hi all

I had a dreadful weekend, tried telling myself that Penguin bar just wasn’t what I wanted but I had it anyway…no looking forward to weigh in on thursday but I need to do this!!! Also, I bought myself a bike on Saturday and I have really enjoyed going out with my son (6 year old), its been great…I am hoping to go out in the morning before the rest of the house awakes but it was a little foggy this morning so I had an extra half hour in bed instead.

Hope you all have a good week, see you all thursday.

Love

Claire xx