Support group for members with weight issues?

Hi All

Yes!! I have lost 2lbs this week. Feeling very smug! It was hard, I went for a brisk walk most evenings and no wine during the week.

browner
x

Morning Browner and all …chuffed also, lost 3 pounds…have had to be soooooo strict to do it. Shame I cant cut out the ghastly tamoxifen along with the chox cakes chips and icecream sigh!

Best wishes to all xxx

Hi everyone

Well done Browner and Judyw47!

I’ve lost 1lb. It may have been more but for the wine at the weekend…must resist!

hi all
brilliant idea to support each other… keep up the good work.
I have recently joined a gym, really cheap (30 to join and £10 per month)Thought I would book a personal trainer for once a month for a couple of months to get the hang of all the eqpt (£25).I go three times a week. 1 x weights and 2 x cardio vascular. The weights were really hard and the day after had me in agony. This monday I put the weights lower and didn’t feel too bad after. I told the trainer to realise that I had to go to work the day after and unlike him didn’t want to spend 24 hours in bed!!.
Couple of weeks ago I hit the 12.8 st mark and am now 12.31/2. Trainer said I had 33 % body fat. oh dear. I really don’t think I’m making excuses when I say I believe that all our treatements have helped to pile on the pounds but am also on Arimidex and finding it hard to shift it, it seems to have a life of its own and will hang on for dear life… perhaps we shouldn’t call them pounds, ‘cling ons’ are a better name for them!.
I am 53 now and think its harder to get rid of weight by diet alone. Exercise makes the world of difference, whether its swimming, fast walking, gym, cycling, just do something to boost metabolism several times a week. Time to go to the gym I suppose, I really have to dig deep to go but feel good afterwards, albeit tired.

good luck everyone
time to get rid of some cling ons.
take care
Chris x

Mind if I interrupt, Weight is genuinely an issue for me. 4 years ago i weighed 8stone. I am only 5ft so it was a good comfortable weight for me. Now having finished all treatments I weigh nearly 10 stone. I can lose weight but its a question of my head being in the rightplace and I don’t knowif it is at the moment. There are issues as well as BC that are affecting my life right now. But I’m going to give it a go…
Hope ladies you will let me join you and see how we all get on.
Best wishes
Kathy

Hi Kathy

You are very welcome indeed, the more the merrier! Some of us will be keeping track of our weight losses. So feel free to share your progress on a Wednesday if you like (you can PM me if you prefer).

Off for a jog now!

Welcome katemate.

browner
x

This is my second weigh in. 13st 8lbs - the same as last week. Must try harder next week! At least it wasn’t a gain!!

Hi
I’d love to join if I may.
I have put on 2 stone since starting tamoxifen. Finished the 5 year treatment in Feb 08 then, 2 weeks later, was diagnosed with another primary, other side, different type. So back on the whole merry go round again of surgery (lots)and rads. The weight just will not shift, regardless what I do. I’ve tried walking 45 mins each day with the dog, portion control and so on. Maybe just seeing my actual weight in print each week will be an incentive to ‘try harder’.
I’m 5’4" and weigh 11st 3lbs - yikes!

welcome shelaghc, I too have a weight problem,Iwas 14st in dec went to rosemary conley so I could loose some for my hols so lost 17lb by march, then dx with lump had IDC then 2 shavings,starting rads soons but I hav put all the weight back on, I’m not in the right frame of mind at the mo but feeling uncomfortable again.
Doing race 4 Life on sunday so mite feel beta after that, shall we try and loose weight together.
Sunset x

Do you mind if I join in? My weight has been a constant battle all my adult life, before bc I went to slimming world and lost 3st I stopped going when I had my diagnosis, losing weight didn’t seem important in the scheme of things. Now I’m on tamoxifen and I feel that the weight is piling on. I got on the scales on Tuesday for the first time in months and I’ve put 2 stone on. I don’t want to go back to slimming world but hopefully if I can report to this thread once a week I might feel abit more motivated. Regards to all. Olwen

I would love to join you, but fear it is too late.
I have secondaries and it seems ridiculous thinking about weight loss.
I was diagnosed in 2000 and was 10 stone. I had chemo, double mastectomy, more chemo and rads, stabilising at about 9 stone.

Was misdiagnosed initially and had psychological issues because of this.
In the following 2 years i put on 6 stone; as a result of tamoxifen and depression (comfort eating).

Since my secondary diagnosis (still on hormonals), I have put on a further stone.
I desperately need to lose weight but obviously cannot start anything drastic… Julie

Hello
Well done to everyone who’s lost weight. I haven’t - I was diagnosed with shingles on Monday. Can’t wear a bra, don’t feel like doing any exercise. Was supposed to be on holiday but the GP didn’t think it was wise. Ate masses of cake yesterday - real comfort eating stuff!
Am hoping to get back on track soon
good luck everybody
Pxx

Hello ladies

Just wanted to let you all know my weigh-in results for this week, I was 15.9 last Thursday, today I am 15.7 so thats 2lb!!! Hooray… Good luck to you all, hope you are all okay.

Lots of love

Claire xx

hi. I’d like to join the weight in
I’ve bought new scales 2day, my weigh in was 13.03.
I’ve put 1st on since I went on hols in April. so startin in morning.
Happy heathly eatin everybody. Good luck.

Haven’t lost weight this week. However, been to gym 6 days out of 7 and forgotten what cake and chocolate taste like.

My health is much more important to me now, I took it so much for granted before.

Wow my weight loss looks brilliant on the spreadsheet! I need to confess to devouring a huge slice of chocolate cake yesterday. Back on track now.

Hang on in there ladies…we are eating healthier and excercising more which can only be of benefit :slight_smile:

x

damn, one chocolate biscuit sent me stupid. I stopped at 4 though!!

Good morning ladies

2 more pounds lost and that was with a wee bit of cheating :slight_smile: absolutely thrilled. Just goes to show what a load of old junk I was eating before!

Best wishes to you all x

Hello Ladies

Well done judw47, you are a real inspiration and doing excellently!

I’m another steady 1lb. Doing loads of exercise and really enjoying it too and I do seem to be toning up nicely. The weekends again are my downfall (KFC - very naughty)…but this weekend I’m going away with some friends who are very health conscious, so they will hopefully keep me on track and away from the demon grog!