Survivor stories: Stage IIIC and Significant Lymph

Hello:

Would love to hear from survivors of stage IIIC breast cancer who’ve had 19+ positive lymph nodes removed.

Have a lovely lovely friend in need of positive stories and a network with others who’ve been in this situation and lived to tell their tale…

Love to hear from you and thank you

x

Hi positivethinker,

My sister was diagnosed 6 years ago with stage 3, with very high number of positive nodes as she had been misdiagnosed for 3 years. I think she was 33/34 years old when diagnosed.

She was not given a good prognosis. She is alive and well, no evidence of disease and in Jan 2011 gave birth to her third child.

Alex

Thank you Alex, Great to hear… Congratulations on all counts x

Dear Positivethinker

I’m a four years misdiagnosed lady who is still fighting the system for some sort of acknowledgement. But that’s another story! For tonight I just wanted to say I was diagnosed in 2005 (put myself into the system at age 50 because my GPs would not refer) and was diagnosed with a stage 3b breast cancer. My world fell apart. Despite a poor prognosis I’m still here 7 years later.I try to have a positive mental attitude, good diet, do yoga and meditation, enjoy life and do the best I can not to think about the lymph node involvement. Not easy but time is a great healer.

Look after yourself and try not to let the stage get you down.

Jeannie

Thanks for posting! So pleased for you … x

If others have any testimony around survival despite a high number of positive lymph results that would be WONDERFUL to hear…

Thank you
PT
x

hello, i dont know if this will help, my colleagues wifes prognosis was so poor, they would not even give her one this was 1999 and she is fine and has never had a reacurrance.she was 40 at dx

x

bump

I would like to hear more too - I was diagnosed with lymph node involvement 5 weeks ago and have surgery this week, the lymph node involvement worries me sick, I I had 4 with grade 3 cancer one month ago, there could be loads more…

Hi Positive thinker…

I was diagnosed july 06, so nearly 6 years ago,i had all my lymph nodes out and all of them were possitive, also spread to clavicle nodes…as far as i know(dont like to temp fate!) im ok…i was discharged from my hospital at the beginning of this year…

I am also triple negative…

Julie xxx

Hi Positive thinker and Sascha,
When I was diagnosed the surgeon was concerned because I had a tumour confirmed in my lymph nodes as well as the one in my breast. I was given chemo first to try and 'calm down’the cancer under the arm and give her a better chance of getting it all out. I don’t know how many nodes were affected originally because the chemo worked so well that no cancer was found following the surgery. I just had scarring in three lymph nodes.
I well remember the fear I had on hearing my diagnosis (just under a year ago)and I wouldn’t have believed that less than a year later I’d be back at work, looking after my children, feeling reasonably normal (albeit tired, still on herceptin, and with more surgery to come, and living life again.
Wishing you the very best
BB

i was diagnosed with breast cancer on 3 feb this yr. had mastectomy and axillary clearnce on 14 feb. stage111c i think. 6 out of 6 lymph nodes positive. 2 weeks ater op they discovered lump in clavicle which they biopsied and is from the breast cancer. on chemo and herceptin. love to hear positive stories xxx

Love your positive stories x

I was diagnosed first with Bc in 1989 when I was 39. I Had ten years back to work with flags flying at the 5 year and 10 year check up. In 1999 i discovered that that the secondaries in my bones, in my thorax, spine, ribs and at the worst in my pelvis. I have been having treatment ongoing ever since with a few hiccups on the way includng my recent hip replacement. But I am now 62 and still enjoying life and hope this helps your friend or anyone else on here. Love Val

Scottishlass, yours is such a positive story for anyone worried about secondaries. Everyone thinks that once youy have them, you are on borrowed time, you are living proff that this is not so, Thank you, inspiration for my friend with a recent secondaries diagnosis.
I am a lucky one, stage 3 grade 3 IDC/ILC cancer, 11/13 positive lymph nodes, chemo first, which obliterated cancer cells, so wire guided lumpectomy. axillary clearance followed by 15 rads, and 19 months after dx, NED :slight_smile:

Sorry for typos :slight_smile:

This is so encouraging to read! My wife has just been diagnosed with stage III big tumor and in one lymph node! I was worried sick as we didn’t catch this at I or II. Reading this has made me so happy I’m in tears, thank you for sharing your positive story!

My wife was diagnosed Friday. This has been a tough weekend. We probably haven’t asked the right questions. I know the biopsy revealed cancer cells in the lymph under her arm too.

So glad you have positive outcomes much further than this. She was telling me her fears tonight “with her luck”

We have 3 kids, youngest was 8 on Friday too. She is only 44. I really don’t know how I would cope without her. I’m trying to be strong for her and encourage her to think positively.

I know she is afraid of what’s to come in January but she has to pull through for us. We have been together 26 years and it was just starting to look like we might be able to enjoy life.

Thanks for your good news. Bless you.

Hi husbandandDad and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support you and your wife will,find here BCC have published a booklet ‘In it together’ which you may find helpful:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/it-together-partners-people-breast-cancer-bcc120

Our helpliners are also on hand with practical and emotional support for both of you so please feel free to call on 0808 800 6000, lines open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturdays

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi julie, your post really inspired me. We have the same staging, your post was 2012 but I do hope you see this. I will be on my last Chemo soon (tac x 6) was wondering what treatment you received. Can you tell what is your daily diets, any supplements and what kind of exercise routine you have. Any advice will really help. Thx lin123

Hi Julie, your post was from last year but your story really inspired me cause I believe I have exactly what you had. I’m on my last Chemo then rads. Can you tell me do you have a special diet, supplements and exercise routine. Any advice would really help.