Teeth whitening/scale and polish dental treatment on Zometa

Hi,
Does anyone know if its safe to have your teeth whitened or scale and polish treatment, whilst have 6 monthly Zometa infusions? My second infusion is pretty soon, but I’d like to have a little work done on my teeth. My next general check-up isn’t until April, I’d like the treatment before then.
All the best,
Flowersandbees

I haven’t had teeth whitening but have 6 monthly scale and polish and have had 5 zometa infusions so far. Had to have an extraction (6 weeks ago) and as that is invasive it was carried out at the hospital dental unit. All fine and about to have 6th infusion on Friday. I think it’s the invasive treatments that have to be done more cautiously. Even fillings don’t count as invasive.
Check with your dentist?
Good luck.

2 Likes

Just starting zometa I was told it was a tooth extraction that had to be done before I started this treatment. I am having a crown done with a bridge to replace a tooth I had out before Christmas. I was told it was okay to have done Bbymy oncologist. Just check before you get it done

1 Like

Hi JeanAnn,
Thank you so much for your response. It’s really helpful to know which types of dental treatments don’t pose issues when undertaking Zometa. Also good to know that no complications arose out your extraction. I might be in the same boat with a problematic crown and have re-organised my dental appointment for next week, just in case I need to have the tooth out.
All the best
x

1 Like

Thanks Janeymay7. Good luck with your dental treatment and first Zometa infusion.
All the best
x