333106posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

10,756 REPLIES 10,756

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

G'day from me too, Lee, and, a big warm Hi of course, to all lovely Fluffs. 

Good to see you looking very laaiid back on your photo, Lee.

Wombat - That's great on your good news. Yeh, as with Helena, I still got the eebiegeebies each yearly check, until the 5 year clear after the second boob. I popped you a little note on "Word Assoc".

Helena - Hope you and Col are both well? He'd just come out from a spell in hospital, last we posted.

LesleyLush - Sorry, that should have been "more ice in your Pimms"!

Hope you're all well, dear friends. I think of you all often.

Lotsa lurrrrv xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope all other Fluffs are well

Thanks Helena, it was a lovely family day filled with love and laughter and I was just so bloody grateful to be there 💕

Thanks Helena, it was a lovely family day filled with love and laughter and I was just so bloody grateful to be there 💕

Community Champion

Gday Lee

Lovely to hear from you and what a great pic of you.

Xxx

Hi lovelies, I haven’t popped in for a while so wanted to say gday 💕E36F231F-E48F-40FA-B35E-902B8DA21515.jpeg

Kip Community Champion
Community Champion

Ha ha Delly,  I like your way of dealing with the flushes, sure beats a fan xx

Community Champion

Delly

Helloooo, must admit i am the same 10 years since i went into it, have to say tamo has caused the flushes to be more but managing ok 

Community Champion

Wombat

Yay that is great news. I must admit i do still get nervy but not as bad as i was the first year. I will be having my third one in April, it is 3 years this month since i was diagnosed x

Hello girls !

hot flushes or permanent self heating.... it makes me laugh when my non drug induced menopause friends think 12 months of flushing is hard 🤣🤣🤣🤣

i had had my first annual mammo a few weeks ago and just got the lovely letter telling me it was ok... does the time around the anniversary get any easier???

hope you are all doing fabulously and have had a lovely weekend 

love and hugs 

wombat xxxxxxx

Corr, Well done Juicy-Janey. Bloomin marvellous, woman!! Hope you're well.

And Hi - Lush (Lesley, that is!). So good to see and hear from you. MenoP hot flushes - umph, sorry to report, I'm same after 10 yrs. Just keep adding more ice to your G n T's, darlin girl!! Smiley Very Happy

Loads of love to everyone 

Delly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Charys 💕

would have been lovely to have lived it that way too haha xx

Well hello all you lovelies,  long time since I posted on here and far too many posts to go back and read to catch up on everyone so hoping all, old and new (new to me anyway) are all doing  well.  The amazing Janey did tell me she’d had done The  Race for Life yesterday and had posted a pic on here so I just had to pop in and add my congrats and thanks to everyone else’s. 

Hope you’re all stocked up with suncream, Pimms, and good books for the heatwave.  Once again another hot summer, have to say I for one am getting used to our tropical summers, just don’t like the hot and humid nights, the menopause is still in full force, keep telling myself it can’t last forever but I’m beginning to think it will xx  

Sorry Janey not Janet ......  bloomin spell checker !!!!!

Janet. What a star ! 

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Janey, what a brilliant picture, how lovely to see so many names from this thread. I hope you’re not too stiff tomorrow though!

xxx

Community Champion

Janey

Well done to you all, fantastic achievement xx

For you and for those we’ve lost. What a fabulous morning Race for Life 5k today xxFAB8DA5E-9233-4905-8044-8F2590859F0D.jpeg

Coo-ee to Corr-Clairee and Charys, + Ann and Darlin-Dizz

So lovely to see youhoo's. Hope you are well. 

I've just sent a message to Rubycat. Has anyone heard anything from her?? Or Lesley and BethyBoo??

I'm hoping ALL of you are well

Loads of love, Delly's big hugs and xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 's

Community Champion

Oh Lee! Luckily I read your 'everything is alright after all post' first, and then went back and saw that you'd had the suspicious area and biopsy. Oh my word, I can FEEL your relief  and happiness, fantastic news.

Thanks lovely, big relief, I’m still smiling xxx

I just popped by to see how you all are and saw your news Lee I’m so glad everything is ok 💕 xxxx 

BF04E573-4089-4E17-ADD8-96F1747ACE8F.jpeg

Thank you and big hugs back 💕💕

awesome to pop in and receive love and hugs from my friends across the oceans xxx

Thanks Delly, yep cheesecake and cappuccinos all round 🤗

Thanks Helena, it was such a huge relief, I sobbed my little heart out. Then have been smiling ever since xxxxx

Thank you 💕

its been a very happy week filled with gratitude 🤗

Community Champion

Just catching up with you all...

Fabulous to hear your news, Lee - what a relief😊

& lovely pic of you both & loads of best wishes xx

Community Champion

Lee

Yay that is fabulous news, i was sprinkling fairy dust your way with the hope that it would cross the oceans and all would turn out well. I am so so very pleased and relieved for you, that is the best news I have had today, party time i think wow xxxxxxx

How wonderful to hear some great news Lee !!!

xxxxx

Lee, what a rollercoaster you've been on! I'm so happy for you, but heck, I hope you don't have a scare like that again. Massive hugs for you my friend.

Xxx

Lee - Ohhhh what? - WhoooHoooo. That is the BEST piece of news. I am so blummin pleased and glad for you. I hope you two are doing something special to celebrate.

Another excuse for a thread party. I'll bring the cakes (without fluff)

Hoping everyone else is keeping well

Lots of love to you all,

Delly  xxxxxxxxxxxx

Haha, we are starting to look even more alike with our haircuts too 😂

And ...

Biopsy results just came in and it’s good news - no cancer. Thanks for the love and support and so relieved to be sharing happy news after a big scare 💕

Aaaaaaahh Lee? Fffffffflllipp WHAT?????? !!!!!!!!!!!!

In the words of our Victor Meldrew character - I don't  BELIEEEEVE  IT!! 

I'm soo sorry to hear your ultra cra**y news. It totally goes without saying, I sincerely hope it's something other. As you said, "what" could have survived your chemo treatment. Not surprised you're nervous. ANYone would be. Fingers are massively crossed for you, darlin.

Not glad to hear about Tone's elbow op infection, but glad to hear it's now under control, and subsided.

That's a great photo of you two. Just an amusing aside, you and Tone look to have similar "noses". Perhaps that's the secret to choosing the right mate, not their other attributes or protrusions, hey??!! I'm being naughty, sorry!!!!!

For goodness sake, let us know your results, will yer pleeease  xxxx << two each, one per cheek. (Erm, that's "face" cheeks, you two. Behave!) x

Helena - Are you and Col doing okay? Is he any less grumpy??!!

Hope everyone else is good, well, and happy (or 'ish)

Lotsa love, Doolally xxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Thanks buddy 💕

Community Champion

Lee

Oh yes i dont know what i would do without work and my friends. 

Mate i am gutted to hear that you are going through this again srnding big hugs xxx

Hi Helena, I’ve been doing some catch up reading ... I can totally identify with your situation having Colin home and the adjustments and modifications after experiencing it with Tone. Highs and lows but so great to have them with us eh? I find I need regular time out with my girlfriends for coffee and a vent and enjoy the distraction and satisfaction of work. Xxxx93C89E91-012C-4368-91F2-5AAA03D6666A.jpeg

I was framed hahaha

Well hello Dellywelly 💕 lovely to be mentioned in such awesome company. Tone is going well, second elbow operation went well apart from some infection that seems to be under control. Unfortunately my year after left auxiliary clearance mammograms showed a suspicious calcification cluster so I had to go back for more scans. Then it was recommended that I have some biopsies done, which happened today. The bugger is it’s in the other boob! The good one 😢

I’m surprised that anything would survive last year’s chemo regime but I’m still nervous waiting for the results. Xxxx

Ohhh, fffflip, noooo.

I've just read about our loss of Carolyn(52)!

Umph. I had no idea. Think it was around April time.

I think Janey had had some contact / coffee meetings with?, as she lived in the Exeter area? didn't you?

Awww, and I was only asking after her in my last post. 

What a gorgeous, and lovely woman.

That's soooo incredibly sad. I don't quite know what else to say, I'm so shocked. My heart goes out to her family.

xxxxxx

I updated this on the 10/6

Well - thought I'd put some soothing Dionne sounds on (as in Warwick, to those of a similar age!! The "If you see me walking down the street", Dionne! Burt Bacharach's favourite singer - ooo flip, and yonks ago!) Have a quick check in on some of my favourite ladies, and what do I see . . . . . . .

Juicy-Janey - Corr flip, what, hey!!!! Sooo good to see you, flower, can't tell yer. You obviously picked up on my thought waves, didn't you. I "knew" I had magical powers. It was really  Christopher the Crow post that did it, wasn't it - you having an interest in our feathered and furry friends. I remember you having a webcam set up in, was it a blue tit nest in your garden? 

Listen, Shhh, we're organising a party for H's Colins return home from a rather prolonged hospital stay. I've attached indoor fireworks to his stairlift, and made loads of unfluffy cake, just like we used to on here, back in the beginnings of this gorgeous thread. Let me know what you're bringing.

Hope all is well with your Mammo this month. I still haven't yet sorted a deflated left expander/permanent silicon replacement op. Other things are annoyingly "breaking down' and needing/taking "priority". So boobs are still being put on hold.

I'm madly impressed by the 5K race news, even if it isn't running. So what !! I think of you often too, but especially when Magnolias are in bloom. Lovely association, don't you think? Also, whenever I speak to my friends down at Lympstone. And Yes, along with my "Janey Jobs" (you're there with a needed gentle "shove" as opposed to a big stick. Still doesn't take much for me cop out though, so perhaps you'd better start using the big stick instead, Janey!!).

Jeez, I'm so sorry to hear about your family and friend's diagnoses and treatments - ffffflippin horrible. I too, didn't need chemo, or rads, as I elected to have masts as opposed to lumpectomies, and am still ALWAYS, thankful for that.

I called to check on Christopher the Crow on Monday and again today. Could hear him shriking in the background! Took it as a good sign! He's doing well, legs still a bit gyppy, but hopefully he'll be "freed" very soon.Turned out, he's a young "fledgling". I absolutely loved doing it - quite brings you down to earth (and a very interesting and welcome distraction from my mundane housebashing humdrum, errm, faaar too "easily" distracted from, me thinks!!) 

Lady H - How ARE you and Col doing?? Have things settled down now with you two? Let me know a date for the party!!

Lee - I hope you and Tony are still both doing well over there in Oz.

Hope all you other long absentees are doing well, the likes of Lesley, BethyBoo, Corr-Claire, Carolyn?? (and have your absent notes ready for my inspection - Mmmmmm Smiley Wink)

Hope you more recents are also still doing well. 

Lodsa lurrrrv, Dellywelly xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Boo!!

Did I make you jump?!  I know I've been missing in action for a bit.  Healthwise all is well with me (well as long as my mammogram this month says so!) but I have taken a bit of a sabbatical from the site, as personally two close family members and a wonderful friend have been going through chemo and rads and it all became very overwhelming, so I was naughty and have switched off alerts.  It's made me realise how very lucky I was to have swerved chemo.  With another friend diagnosed and also swerving, we have decided we had the least sh***y end of the sh***y stick!  I'm still knackered with the tablets and have emotional ups and downs, but more exercise and less food has made it a little easier.  My daughter has been back from Australia for a visit, but heads back this week, so I think that emotional rollercoaster won't be down to the little pills! I am doing the 5k race for life this year, but not running!  Going with a group, with all of us wanting to give something back - and have a giggle! It's been lovely to scroll through the recent posts and Delly I'm impressed you are still working on those Janey jobs!  The garden is still doing well, my favourite therapy, with the magnolia getting bigger and stronger each year - a bit like us all I hope! Despite those alerts being switched off I give you all a virtual nod when I pass that magnolia and hope everyone is doing okay (and rescuing birds!).  Love and hugs to all xx

Ohhh dear H - teething problems, 'ey!! Tell him if he carries on giving you gyp, you'll send him back!! Am teasing, well slightly serious too.

I've been avoiding, have kept escaping from my "Janey jobs", the last week. Have some heavy house stuff to do, and conscious that we're supposed to be having some hot weather this weekend. So, I was all geared up to "get on with" jobs today.

Walked through the park to pick up a couple of pillows, from the service launderette, around 11, so bit of a late start. On the way, I passed a crow, lying in the grass near the path. Thought it was dead, until I got closer, and it's eyes blinked - still alive, but looked on its last legs. Umph. Picked my pillows up, dropped them back home, found a box, stuffed it with soft paper shreddings, and headed off back to the park. Expecting it to have probably died. Instead, I could see from a distance, it was no longer there. Oh no, my immediate thoughts were, perhaps a cat or dog had carried it off? There were three people, with two dogs, watching this black thing running and hopping around in the grass. Christopher the Crow!! was revived, to a degree. Not fluttering his wings though. We had to keep the dogs from getting to him, took me a while of chasing, but finally caught him, and popped him in my comfey nesting box. What to do next?? Take it to the Vets I used to use for my cat? They don't really deal with wild animals, and I don't know the area well enough to know of wildlife animal sanctuaries. Took him home. Thinking he'd probably be a bit dehydrated and needing some energy, I found a dropper pipette, mixed some honey with water, took him out the box, held him, and fed the liquid into his mouth. I was surprised at how very obliging he was, bless Smiley Surprised, obviously needed it. Guzzled and swallowed it all well.

Phoned the vet, to ask if they could give me a contact for a local wildlife rescue hospital. Yes, there's one just 20 mins away, in fact. Gave them a call, and dropped him in. A very underweight, new fledgling. Had a wound on his head, so don't know if he'd glanced off a car, and made it to the park. But his right leg was certainly gyppy. Gave them a 20 quid donation to take care of. He'd been taken off to another room by then, but I heard lots of "healthy" sounding Crow noises and skrikes, so I'll phone in a few days to get the gen on how he's doing.Hopefully well.

I couldn't resist having a wander round their outside pens, a fox, couple of cygnet swans, loads of ducklings, a barn owl, 2 buzzards, an huge exotic looking owl. Some hiding in their huts, so no idea what they were. Lovely place.

I'm seriously thinking of doing some voluntary work for them, maybe a day a week. I'm so passionate about animals, as well as humans, and this may be a good place to start. I'm always watching animal and the Supervet (Noel Fitzpatrick is one of my heros) progs. Think it would be good therapy for me. Better get the house sorted first though!! Mmmm, what an interesting, distracting afternoon. I "was" gonna get on with sorting my kitchen today, honest guv!! It's all "Christopher's" fault, you know Smiley Wink  Manyaana, promise.

Hope all you Fluff girls are good???? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     

Community Champion

Thanks ladies. Not the best of starts, i moved his tray and he snapped, thought i was helping. A bit!! of adjusting on both sides to be had 

A quick Ps. Not only is he coming home, he's having a "Throne" installed too Smiley Very Happy  x x x

Ha Ha Ha - That was a really great Wombat "Woohoo", to Helena.  Comical.

I'll give a "Yeee Haaaaa" then Smiley LOL

Ooooooo, Helena, that is such good news on your Col coming home. I am sooo flippin pleased to hear.

How are you H? And how are you Wombatwoo?

Think we ought to have a party girls, to welcome Colin home. I'll bring the cake, without the "fluff" on this time Smiley Wink

I might just decorate his stairlift too!

Lotsa love to you all  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  

🙌 woohoo! 

Community Champion

Delly

Hiya, sorry girls not been in touch lately, its been quite a week but the quick post is that Colin is coming home tomorrow, all the equipment delivered today with exception of a chair which is coming tomorrow. 

Hope you are all well xxx

Hellooooo, again Fluffs

Helena - What's the latest on Colin? Is he NOW out of hospital, and back in your tender "bosom" yet?? Sending you love and another of those big, gentle <HUGs>  Heart Heart Heart

DarlingDizzy - Good to hear from you too. I'm so glad and pleased to hear that you finally got your boobs adequately "tittivated"(!) and are now happier with the results. Glad you've also now be relieved of your dressing husband duties and he's recovered from his hip op.

Yes, thanks, am doing okay - that means "tons" better than prior to 6 months ago - quite amazing. And ALL down to a regular high dose St Johns Wort. During my research into "Depression", I was "warned off" it, in that, it can cause Bi-Polar people to go into "manic". Mmmm, afraid I started to think and feel - I'd Soooo much rather be in a more positive state, than in that, nasty, prolonged, deep, dark, horrible, fetid smelling, slippery sloped hole! ! ! Bit the bullet, and have been sooo much better since, it's untrue, and all naturally. Within 30 mins of me taking, I can feel a "lift". The difference in my mental state, has been quite astounding, really. And No, I'm not selling St Johns Wort tablets!! Smiley Tongue

I may be having a friend to stay from the beginning of June, who's been through a nasty rough ride recently, following a diag of throat cancer. He had to have an emergency tracheotomy, 5 weeks of rads and 2 sessions of chemo. To operate would involve removing his whole voice box. So he's had to live off liquid foods, has now finished his rads, but has to keep the tracheotomy in for another 3 months, poor bloke. The prognosis isn't great, but he's decided to just get back to work and bash on. Has given me even more of an incentive for me to get the house sorted, before he comes to stay, if he does. 

How is everyone else doing? Hope you're all well

Lots of love to everyone, Delly x x x x x x x

Delly, lovely to hear from you again! Answers to the questions you asked... hubby had a hip replaced in November and is now recovering well, I no longer have to put his shoes and socks on for him, which is a great improvement. And I made him get a chiropodist to do his toenails, there are some things I'm  definitely not doing! He's now fully retired after several years of doing three days a week so I'm working on a list of jobs for him...

I ended up having two breast reductions to my good side for symmetry, the first gave a distinctly lopsided result. High tech it definitely wasn't, but the end result is good, and I don't need to use a partial prosthetic any more, so I'm happy. And I know a lot of authorities are refusing to fund symmetrising surgery so I was lucky to get it. 

The number of mammograms after treatment...I was told it would be diagnostic mammograms  every year until five years after diagnosis, and every 18 months for the following three years, then discharge back to the routine screening programme after that. I'll check again when I have my next one in a few weeks.

Helena, hope Colin gets his care arranged so he can get home, it must be very hard for both of you at the moment. But at least now you both should get the right support, it should make a real difference.

Xxx

Community Champion

Delly

Dawlish Warren is just a little way along from Dawlish itself.  I went with my friend Sue who I have known for 20 years, we used to work together on the railway.

Colin is still in hospital but they are pressing for him to come home as they need his bed, might be some time next week with a care package in place.

H xx