Anyone due to start their chemo July 2014

Hi again
Anyone got any old scarves they dont need any more? Pls message me xxx

his Gill . It is amazing how care is so different depending on Postcode lottery. There should be a level approach to all but I suppose it also depends on the type of cancer you have in the first place. I feel I need to research myself and make suggestions to professionals but I am not always heard.
love
Clare

Good for you Cath. woohoo !!! Way to go
x x

Me too Cath, you never know what’s round that corner so make the most of now. Having control of our lives and it not being an endless sequence of hospital appointments is wonderful. X

Oh Cath. What an inspiring friend. So sad when that happens. Fingers crossed everyone and onward and upwards

Love
Clare

So sorry to hear about your friend, Cath. She sounds like an amazing woman
Xx

That’s a funny comment about getting the cold Cath. Had to smile. …because guess who thought she was dying yesterday with sinusitis. Moi. :-(. I felt really bad and kept looking out for signs of sepsis lol. Even rang 111. My GP receptionist was most unhelpful re getting an appt . I stayed in bed till 1500hrs. Then improved. thank God and no thanks to my GP.
Hope you are coping well Cath . Your support to your friend.must be invaluable. Girl power eh?
love
Claron

Definitely. My head felt like it was going to split open Cath, and my brains fall out. The cough was even worse cause blood pressure went up and I saw flashing lights … no need to visit the Northern lights. NO Empathy from my surgery. I could have died for all they cared.

Anyway feeling a lot better today but still unwell. Will need antibiotics I think .

love to all
Clare

yes and much better already Thanks Cath

Cath, you’re amazing. I will definitely try and download your book. Can we all come with you when you do your guest signings? I had a great plan to keep a sort of humorous diary when I had treatment but it was amazing how quickly I became a couch potato. Best laid plans and all that. I’m so pleased for you.

Gill, what a worrying time you’ve had and I know how you feel. I have a lump caused by a seroma plus scar tissue so have already had mine checked out, I don’t know how long it takes for seromas to go. No matter what the experts tell us we’ll always worry.

Hope everyone is ok and looking forward to a wet and windy weekend. :umbrella:?

Wow Cath, that’s fantastic I shall pre order it today. What an achievement ??
Gill, glad everything turned out ok, all these changes take their toll don’t they.
I’m afraid I’ve been like you, Slyolddog, but there is a new Pilates class starting up for beginners I’m going to try and get along to it.
Calm before the storm here at the moment, would have been the perfect weekend to curl up with Cath’s book

Hi Cath. Congrats and so pleased for you. Will definitely try and read. I am not one for reading much but must make an exception.
Gill glad your scare was nothing significant but once we have cancer it is never the same again. We shall always worry

Good to see a sudden flurry of activity on this thread.
love
Clare

his Cath, Wendy, Helen, Karen and Gill. Good to hear everyone is well. I am now. Just recovered from a Bout of sinusitis which took me 2 weeks to get back to par . … started jogging again. …slowly lol. Baxter is so pleased about that. He loves his running walks.

Can’t wait for Spring to come but Seville on the 16th should be warmer? ?? fingers crossed.

love to all
Clare

Hi Catherine. So sorry to hear about your sister. She has you as a good support and so glad she doesn’t need chemo. Wishing get her a speedy recovery. Happy Birthday for tomorrow incase I don’t log in as it is my son’'s marathon day. Have fun if you can. meet the parents eh? hope you have a natural bond and get on well.

Gill bet you had a lovely time in Bristol for your birthday
. Happy Belated birthday.

Seville is Def warmer 21 to 9°C. Locals still walking around in jackets and we are in Tshirts. lol. No bear hibernating Cath. The food is lovely and reasonable priced
Well enjoy life every one
love
Clare

Happy Birthday Cath, hope you have a lovely, cake filled day?. It’s my eldest daughter’s 18th today, she has gone off to London with friends to celebrate.
So sorry to hear about your sister, must be hard for you to watch her go through this. Wishing her lots of luck for tomorrow.
Belated Happy Birthday, Gill, hope you enjoyed Bristol.
Good luck to your son, Clare. Seville sounds wonderful
Hugs, Karen x

Good luck to your sister Cath. You are just the person to allay her fears. She is so lucky to have you.So glad gf meeting went well.

Karen wish your daughter happy birthday and I bet she had great fun with her mates.

My son broke his PB . He ran in 2 hrs 49 mins. I was so excited and so proud of him.

Back to the UK on Tuesday. I hear that the weather is getting milder

take care
Clare

Happy Birthday Cath, sorry I’m late. What were you doing up at 4.50?? Making your own cake??

Really sorry to hear about your sister but I know you will be her rock. I hope her op goes well tomorrow and she has a speedy recovery.

So pleased to see the weathers warming up at last, spring is around the corner.

Have a good week everyone. X

Thanks slyolddog. And to you to x x and everyone else.
Clare

Hi July 2014 ladies,

Not sure how many of us keep visiting regularly, my last post was last year around May, so I wasn’t an example myself.

The truth is probably trying to get on with life and feel normal as well as really busy all the time.

Since my last post we have had an amazing yachting holiday in Greece and have finally managed to get our back garden landscaped. Only plants waiting to go in April and next doing the front garden and driveway. Hubby turns 50 this year, so I am planning a great garden summer party and we have planned a trip to California and Nevada for September.

Our son went to Uni in London and visiting every 3 weeks which makes us look forward to something special regularly.

Like I said, trying to make the most of every day and enjoying life.

I don’t know how to feel about every cancer news on TV though, they keep on bringing up news about cancer causing foods, alcohol is likely to increase the risk, so I almost feel guilty when eating or drinking although I have always been really aware and eating a very healthy diet.

Wednesday it’s the Internationa Women’s Day so I hope we are all blessed and live a healthy happy life with our love ones for many years to come. Strangely, I have my breast surgery appointment on Wednesday and I am anxious, I still have quite a lot of pain in my breast which doesn’t let me forget, I am tempted to ask them to bring my mammogram forward, just so I can get this worry off my chest :womanfrustrated:

Love and hugs to all

Flossie xxx

Flossie, what surgery are you waiting for? My lumpectomy and full node removal was nearly 3 years ago and it’s still uncomfortable under my arm. I wonder if I’ll ever wear an under wired bra again. Where are you getting pain and have you told your GP?

Cath, so pleased to hear your sister is making good progress. Not long till book time!