Anyone from East Kilbride/Glasgow area?

HI GIRLS…

JUST THE EARLY MORNING GIRL AGAIN…JUST HAD THE STEROIDS…MAKES ME FEEL UPBEAT BUT THEN CAN GET EMOTIONAL FOR NO REASON.HOPE 2 GO OUT WITH TOM FOR A WEE DRIVE…NOT FAR.
FRIENDS R COMING OVER FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS 2MORROW…SE WILL BE NOT MASKED THEN WITH THE DEX BUT I WILL STILL KEEP TAKING THE PAINKILLERS FOR THOSE G-CSF INJECTIONS.
WHAT R U LOT UP 2 ?
HAVE FUN ANYWAY

HUGS PX

Hi P,
I’m not any better on the sleeping front… Think I may have slight infection or bad fluid problem in the breast…Been really sore and swollen since yesterday. scar under my arm turning bright pink, why does everything kick off at the weekend? thought of treatment playing heavy on the mind too… comic relief was good but bubbled my way through it, the young carer thing got me especially!! my 11yr old was sitting watching it and I could feel him thinking “God is that going to be me in a month when My mum is ill?” he’s been great so far but I hate the effect this is having on the kids… anyway I’m hoping this cammomile tea kick in soon then back to bed for a couple of hours…

Hope you all have a nice weekend

Fionaxxxxx

FIONA…

IF U HAVE CONCERNS RE-UR WOUND GO TO A & E @ THE SGH…2DAY.
DONT BOTHER WITH NHS 24…THEY CANNOT PHYSICALLY C UR BREAST.
HAVE U GOT THE CHEMO DATES IN YET?
TAKE IT EASY…AND TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME…EAIER SAID THAN DONE…WE ALL HAVE GOOD DAYS AND BAD.
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND LET US KNOW HOW U GET ON WITH THINGS

BIG HUGS VIA THE CYBERWORLD

MORNING GIRLS…

HOPE U R ALL OK.
LOOKS LIKE A NICE DAY
PX

Good morning,

Took to bed yesterday after sleepless night. Wound seems a lot better today. Didn’t use arm at all to see if it helped. Swelling gone down but Still have horrible tightness and really tender skin. Feels like sunburn! I see Onc on 25th for chemo date. Think I’ve decided to do the trail, although to be fair if someone told me to jump off the Kingston bridge as it would make me better! I would do it! Things just take on a whole new perspective! Looking forward to work tomorrow. Only doing a perm, but it gets me out into the real world.

Hugs to all
Fiona xxxx

Hi Girls

Sorry I haven been on in a while, the Rads are starting to make me tired and i have been in my bed all day some days. Apart from that they are going well. Im just about to start my final week. My skin is holding up so, so far so good. Only one week to go before Im finished all the treatments they can give me.

Hi Fiona, Sorry you had to join us. your welcome here though and it is a great support. As Sharon said, I took part in a trial and I think I got it pretty easy compaired to the other girls. I was on the Tact2 trial so I had 4 epi and then 4 sessions of Xeloda which are tablets. I had to take tablets every 12 hours for 14 days, have 7 days break and start again. The side effects were fairly minimal. Im really glad I took part, plus I know that me taking part will help someone else in the future. Ask away if you want to know anything. There is usually someone with some expreience so we can all help.

I hope you are all doing well.

Well Im going to go now since the sun is shining. Im going to go and put roller blades on (yes i know i must be mad, but i thought it would be a bit of fun. I might not when I come home tonight with broken bones hehe) I havent been on blades before so…

Take care

Angela

HI ANG…

WELL DONE…FINAL WEEK OF RADS…WOOHOO!
THINK WE NEED 2 BE THINKING OF A LUNCH DATE 2 CELEBRATE THIS.
HAD FRIENDS OVER 2DAY…PRETTY TIRED NOW.
HAVE 2 GO 2 RAH 2MORROW…BUT MY PALS R TAKING ME…GREAT.2 DISCUSS SURGERY OPTIONS AND A NEW WEE PET LUMP WHICH APPEARED LAST WEEK NEEDS LOOKING AT.BLESS.
JUST GET ON WITH IT AND BRING ON THE CHOPPING.CLINIC WILL B BUSY 2MORROW BUT ITS A STEP CLOSER.LOOKING FORWARD 2 THE WEE BREAK AFTER CHEMO.
NICE THE NIGHTS R GETTING A BIT LIGHTER AND BRIGHTER.
TAKE CARE ALL
PXXX

Hi Pauline

Well I made it back with no broken bones hehe.

I know next weekend will be quite a celebration, its going to be so nice to put this behind me and get my life back on track. I will probably be back at work in the next few weeks, so lunches will have to be arrainged soon if Im going to be able to join you. Although I might be getting kicked out of the club once im finished hehe.

Surgery for me wasnt too bad, I didnt really have much pain at all. I had one afternoon where things were sore, but the rest of the time was fine. Hopefully it will go smoothly for you too. Im sure it will.

Angela

Hi girls

Still having rotten sleeps, seem to sleep for 3-4hrs then I’m wide awake. Didn’t move out of the flat this weekend except for going to mum’s for dinner tonight. I really can’t be bothered moving just now.

Getting really fed up with this whole thing now, but at least I know last chemo is Tues. I’ll just need to get on with it all again, last hill to climb.

We will get there girls all of us!!!

Angela - well done for doing the roller blade thing xx

Take care for now

Big hugs

Sharon xxxx

MORNING,MORNING…

MILD AGAIN 2DAY…HOPE WE GET A BIT OF SUN 2DAY.REALLY TIRED THIS MORNING…WANT 2 GO BACK 2 SLEEP.
SHARON…SORRY UR SLEEP PATTERN HAS BEEN CRAP…BUT ON THE PLUS SIDE OF THINGS…UR CHEMO IS COMING 2 AN END…PARTY ON DOWN.MY LAST ONE 1RST APRIL…FINGERS CROSSED.WHEN WOULD IT SUIT FOLKS 4 LUNCH.SOME TIME NEXT WEEK? JUST WHEN EVERYBODY IS ABLE…NO PRESSURE.

ANGELA…ROLLER BLADING…HAVE NOT DONE THAT FOR YEARS…LOVED IT SO MUCH.WELL DONE.I HAVE TROUBLE WALKING@ TIMES NEVER MIND WITH SKATES ON!!!

JO…HOW U FEELING NOW…NOT HEARD FROM U FOR A FEW DAYS!!

TRACY…HOPE U R OK & THINGS R GOING WELL FOR U.

FIONA…HOPE U R OK 2 AND TAKING IT EASY.REMEMBER ONE DAY AT A TIME

LOVE 2 ALL

BIG P XXXX

Hi girls and welcome Fiona

Fiona i was like yourself my tumour was only 8mm with no lymph node involvement or in surrounding tissues but because it was a grade 3 cancer had to have chemo and rads and also Tamoxifen for 5 years.Thankfully i have been the lucky one in the bunch so far with little side effects.I am getting the same as Jo 4 epis then 8 cmf ,i have just had my first double dose of cmf and was told i would feel tired towards the end of last week and this week but heyho i was out on Friday night got in at 4 in the morn then went for a 6mile walk Saturday and Sunday girls in the work think i’m getting red bull in my syringes instead of chemo.I am counting my blessings so far as i know the other girls have not been so lucky.My kids are 12 and 14 and they are handling it ok.

Hi P my god you are up at all hours you must be shattered,have been getting on fine at work just working in dispensary just now.Have got to give you a laugh out on my walk yesterday we walk through a golf course and on the path are alot of trees well i had to go and get a branch stuck in my wig i could not move for laughing i just had visions of walking on with my wig stuck in the tree and all the golfers seeing this bald woman.

Have got to run just realized the time hope everyone well
will log back on later love Tracy xxxxx

hi girls

hi P… Had a good weekend not feeling so tired now, hope that its passed now. Went to my parents on sat nite for my mums birthday party we had such a laugh, we all were pretty drunk and singing on the kareoke, my sister was they only sober one which she was not to happy about she normally the party animal but its only for 7 more months, she looked so miserable!!!

Sat with my neighbour and had few beers yesterday watching the football then we ordered in some curry, its was a good day for all the kids to be out playing so got some peace n quite…

Tracy that was funny about your walk…

Angela thats good you are nearly finished, it is worth a celebration drink !!!

Sharon thats a shame about the lack of sleep, hope things change soon… Did u contact your friend about getting some Reiki done it would boost your energy a bit if you could go !!

lol jo xxx

Sorry meant to say to fiona, Hope your feeling better and enjoy your day

lol jo xx

EVENING…

WAS UP @ RAH FOR AGES 2DAY.NEW LUMP ON MY LEFT BREAST TURNS OUT TO BE MY RIB CONFIRMED VIA ULTRASOUND…HAVE 2 EAT A BIT MORE…BIG SIGH OF RELLIEF THOUGH.
TALKED 2 THE CONSULT @ LENGHTH ABOUT SURGERY OPTIONS.AWAITING GENETIC RESULTS TO WIDEN THE PICTURE.GIVEN MY DAD DIED OF BREAST CANCER AND MY MUM HAVING BREAST CANCER THE SURGEON WAS LOOKING @ MASTECTOMIES FOR ME AS OPPOSED TO WLE.NOT REALLY KEEN ABOUT FLAPS BUT MAYBE WOULD CONSIDER SILICONE IMPLANTS.OVARY REMOVAL IS HIGHLY LIKELY 2 @ SOME STAGE.2 GO BACK AGAIN AND DISCUSS THINGS FURTHER.

SO NOW I AM EXHASTED WITH ALL THE INFO AND STUFF 2DAY…BIG CHILL OUT AGAIN FOR ME.

SHARON…ARE U GETTING CHEMO 2MORROW…YOUR LAST ONE.TAKE IT EASY AND KNOW I AM THINKING OF U.MAYBE U COULD ASK THEM FOR AMYTRIPTALINE.NOT SPELT RIGHT FOR PAIN CONTROL AND HELPS U SLEEP.DID U SAY U HAD TRYED ZOPICLONE?

TRACY…REALLY ENJOYED UR WIG STORY.ITS GREAT U HAVE MANAGED2 GO 2 WORK…

JO…AS USUAL U KNOW HOW 2 PARTY…U SOUND SO MUCH FUN.

ANGELA…4 DAYS OF RADS 2 GO NOW THEN PARTY.RU GOING AWAY FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS?

FIONA…HOPE U AND THE CHILDREN R OK.

BEST WISHES 2 U ALL. THINK I HAVE JUST WRITTEN WAR AND PEACE

LOVE PAULINE XXX

Hi all

I’m getting really excited for my last chemo tomorrow, I’ve actually got a great big smile on my face!!!

P - Yip have been given Zopiclone since Jan, don’t take it all the time tho don’t want to rely on them. No wonder you’ve lost weight, you’ve not had any luck so far being have you, poor thing.
Wish I had that problem sometimes, I asked today how much weight I’ve put on, it was confirmed as 1 and 1/2stone, but was told it’s the steriods!! So sorry for your news of ovaries, hope your ok
Massive hug to you.

Fiona - hope your coping ok, come out join us for lunch next time we go, you’ll enjoy the laugh, and you can drink alcohol when your on chemo!!

To all other girls - hope your doing ok just now

Love and hugs

Sharon xxxxx

Oops meant to say

YES lets get another lunch sorted soon xxxx

Hi Girls,

Was so knackered after work yesterday, can’t believe how it zapped me. Was in bed for 8pm!!

I was all set to do it again today but no 1 son took ill at school and to cut a long story short he was rushed to hosptal to SGH from Doctors with a susptious appendix!! turned out to be inflammation, well lets hope that’s the end of it…sent him home but I’ve to keep an eye. Think he has a wee bit more sympathy for me now…blood tests and monitors…He was very good though considering he’s never been in A&E…

Sharon, Thinking of you today and I hope all went well with your last chemo…what a massive hurdle!! I’ll definately be coming to lunch when you all go, you all sound like an amazing bunch of girls…

Pauline, hope you are feeling ok today? That was some day you had yesterday. an awful lot to take in. Hope you managed to have a big chill today…

Tracy, Angela and Jo… good to hear all is well with you all at the moment.

Take care for now.

Fiona xxx

Hi Girls

Feel great knowing that was my last chemo today, for now anyway, can’t wait to see surgeon next week to find out what’s happening next.

Fiona- sorry to hear about your son, hope he’s getting better.
You’ll have good days and bad days, just remember to rest when you can and when you want to.

P,Ange,Jo and Fiona - hope you are all well today, and what a lovely day it was, sun was shinning and it wasn’t too cold.

Will take a sleeping pill tonight to get some sleep, had 2 nights in row now feeling like I was just looking at my eye lids!!

Speak to you all soon.
Big hugs

Sharon xxx

CONGRATULATIONS SHARON AND WELL DONE.HOPE U GET A KIP 2NIGHT.
PX

Hi Girls

3 Days to go Yay!!

Sharon, glad you are on your last Chemo… just think, another couple of weeks and you are going to feel almost back to normal.

Pauline, It sounds as though your having a hard time, hope it turns round and gets better.

Fiona, hope you and No1 son are feeling better.

Jo and Tracy, hope you are both ok

Angela