Anyone from East Kilbride/Glasgow area?

Hi girls hope u r all well .Had a lovely day on Tuesday dead jealous i wasn’t drinking maybe next time .Going for bloods today have been fine so far this week mouth a wee bit dry but thats it so far
take care everyone and have a nice weekend
LUV TRACY XXX

hi girls

Thanks for Tues really enjoyed it.
There will be plenty more xx

Going to Loch Linnhe tomorrow with parents, sister and her OH. It’ll be so good to get away, change of scenery. Staying in a lovely log cabin overlooking the loch, there is supposed to be a beautifull seafood restaurant there so we’ll be trying that out. Back home on Tues.

My hands and feet have been sore this week, feels like body all swollen to. Eyes won’t stop watering today, nose running like a tap, will need to take plenty hankies with me.

Must go now, pack and go shopping with mum for booze and food.

Love hugs and kisses to all
xxxxxxxx

Hiya everyone…

Hope u r all ok.Hope 2 meetup 4 lunch the next time.
Sharon…Beautiful scenery up that neck of the woods…have a fab time.
Jo…R u out this weekend? Feeling better now?
Ang…Hope the rads r going well.Have u done 2 weeks now?
Tracy…Take care.Any plans 4 the weekend?

Big hugs PXX

Hi all

It was a great day on Tues, I would have been happy to stay out all night!

Rads are going well enough, my skin is a week bit swolen very slightly tender and it itches!! 2 weeks done, 2 to go…

Sharon, I hope you had a great weekend. I bet its great getting away!

Angela

hi everyone

I have been away all weekend with my brother and his girlfriend and also steven. We went to Inverary to stay at the Loch Fyne hotel…
Had a great time so relaxing was in the spa most of the weekend getting alot of Reiki done also had a facial which was great.

Really tired yesterday when we got back whent to bed at 5pm all the fresh air was good and not having to run about after the kids was good. My mum had them all weekend.

Hope all is well with evryone else

lol jo xx

Hi girls

Had great weekend away, went for some nice walks and swam in pool couple of times, drank some and ate loads nice seafood, it was great to get away from the norm, weather was bit pants but still we all enjoyed the break, dad drove us all the way to mora and Mallaig, never been there before, there was beautifull white sandy beach at Mora we had a walk along.

I’m knackered now.

Hope you all had good weekend.

Hugs to all

Sharon xxxxxx

Hi everyone

Hope all is well with everyone!!!

Glad you had a good weekend away sharon sounds nice…

Mine sounds pretty much the same great weekend but crap weather…

I am too knackered as wellnow been in bed all week and my little charlotte is also not well… we are both tucked up in bed today, my sister took jessica away so we could get some rest.

Hubby off tomorrow so i can rest some more. although i have a tiler coming to do my kitchen…

take care lol

jo x

Hi guys…

Jo sorry 2 hear ur not feeling 2 great.u will pick up soon.R u getting G-CSF injections…they boost up ur immune system.When is ur next chemo?At least sister is helping u out…thats great…is that the one who is with child?Husband of 2…huge help.Hope u r eating small amounts of scoff and drinking lots of fluids.Keep ur chin up.

Sharon…glad u had a nice break…did u go 2 the restaurant on the pier…think it fell into the water a couple of years back…lovely scoff. Did u climb Ben Nevis in ur head…its hell of a tough climb @ the best of times.When is ur next chemo/herceptin?
Had taxotere 2 day…had rather alot of SE previous round…but hope will b better this time.I got them 2 reduce my dose a bit…its all that dex not keen on. Have 2 keep on taking it for another 3 days post chemo.Do u have 2 do that?What is ur date 4 surgery ru having another MRI/CT?I have 2 attend 4 a planning meeting this month…after the crash of the dex…joy!!!

Angela…God u r nearly through another week of the frying…roll on the weekend I hear u say.Hope all is going well.

Tracey…r u back@ work…phased return or what Hope u r ok.

Keep smiling girls…its tough sometimes but we shall all it.

Hugs
P xx (insommnia one) or dexed out my head!!!

Lasr part of previous post…omitted

we shall all get through it
lol

Hi girls
Jo hope you and Charlotte r feeling better its bad enough looking after urself without having a sick child as well.Sounds as if you and Sharon both had lovely weekends away its nice just to have a change of scenery.Pauline i hope u r keeping much better than before it sounds like you have been having a pretty tough time.Went to the relaxation class at maggies yesterday really enjoyed it was betterthan the first day there.Sharon hope you r sleeping better i know its not easy if u r tired but i really find going out for my walk helps me sleep worth a wee try if u can manage it.Angela hope ur rads r going ok i’ve heard they will give u cream for ur skin if it flares up make sure u get it.Going out for a meal to lavista on friday with friends looking forward to it
Take care everyone and have anice weekend
luv and stuff Tracy xxx

Tracy

Suffering from insommnia so just liked to say I hope you have a lovely meal out with ur friends.Glad u enjoyed the relaxation class…not able @ the moment but is something I will persue.Going to phone the people @ TAK TENT @ arrange a home visit.I had 2 cancel…which is a pain but really enjoy all that relaxation business.
I am on so much steroids with the taxotere but not keen on the temazepam…so overdosing on the chamomile and lots of lavender baths.
Chilling out is now officially begining…keeping calm helps loads.
Although not keen when the crash on dex begins…few days for that yet.

Take care
Pauline xxx

hi girls

I feel as if some one has sucked out all my energy out of my body !!! Never felt soo tired in all my life went to bed about 7pm last nite and still feel shattered… hope this passes quick cant stand it.

Charlotte is alot better today sent her off to nursery, only got jessica to entertain for a while …Oh she has just fell asleep on my bed just now as I am typing how funny, think i will just pass out beside her for a bit

lol jo x

Hi girls

Jo - I too feel like someone has drained all the energy out my body but still can’t sleep well. Hope charlotte feeling better.

P - Get last tax on Tues, I’m the same with the dex, no date for surgery as I don’t see surgeon until week of the 23rd March. I only got Zopiclone to make me sleep, only works for couple hours, they didn’t offer me temazepan.

I had to buy my first pair size 16 jeans on Sun, not happy!!
Didn’t really see Ben Nevis, the day we drove past it was hidden in the mist. The restaurant was next door to the log cabins in the hotel, it was called Holly Tree.

My muscles are all sore and joints aching, just shows you how much I haven’t moved in the past few months.

Tried to have a sleep this afternoon, no luck, No plans yet for weekend.

Hugs and stuff to all

Sharon xxxxx

Have any of u enquired about us being exempt from prescription charges from 1 rst April?I phoned GP practice 2 send up a form but they apparently did not know what I was talking about.Think they r tuned 2 the moon half the time.
PX

Hello Everybody,

I’m completely new to this but have been reading through your posts… I’m 38, living in Crookston,Glasgow, single with 2 boys 15 and 11… was diagnosed 3wks ago and had wide local excision 2 wks ago… I have a 1.3mm grade 2BC, Her2+ and ER+, margins and nodes clear… Things were looking very positive before the Her2 diagnosis… maybe only rads… but now I’m getting chemo, rads, herceptin and hormone therapy. To say I am absolutely terrified would be an understatement… I have been offered a Randomized clinical trial(started this week) mixing herceptin with docetaxel for 3 cycles then FEC for 3 cycles, Rads and thats it! or same as above but then herceptin after Rads on it’s own for 14 cycles… I can’t choose which one I’ll get(computer Does that)… I can have the standard treatment 18mnths, if i don’t go for trial… It just seems such a long time… Also I am self employed mobile hairdresser so run the risk of losing my bussiness as well as any wages…

I’m quite Bamboozled by all the jargon surroundin BC, I’m sure i’ll pick it up… does anyone have any advice on things I should get into place before treatment starts in about 3weeks…

Fiona xxxx

HI FIONA AND WELCOME 2 THE CLUB…NOT THAT U WANTED 2 JOIN…

EVERYONE IS SO SUPPORTIVE ON THIS SITE SO FEEL FREE 2 FIRE ANY QUESTIONS @ US…SOMEONE WILL HAVE THE ANSWER.I KNOW YOU MUST BE REALLY SCARED ABOUT THE CHEMO…BUT ITS THE UNKNOWN FACTOR WHICH IS A BIT SCARY.YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT THOUGH.
HAVE U HAD SURGERY@THE SGH? I WILL BE HAVING MINE @THE RAH DATE STILL 2 BE ARRANGED.I AM HAVING NEO-ADJUVANT CHEMO @THE MOMENT…HAD 3FEC &2 TAXOTERE SO FAR ONE MORE TAV 2 GO.HAS UR BREAST CARE NURSE BEEN OK…REMEMBER 2 USE HER ALOT 2 IF U CAN’T GET THE ANSWERE U WANT ON HERE.
I AM GETTING TREATED@ THE BEATSON…STAFF R GREAT…JUST KEEP ON ASKING PEOPLE QUESTIONS IF U ARE UNCLEAR ABOUT ANYTHING.
FROM A INANCIAL POINT OF VIEW LOOK INTO HOW U CAN CLAIM MORE BENEFITS.THERE IS A MCMILLAN NURSE OVER @ THE BEATSON…TRISH TIERNEY WHO IS VERY HELPFUL…OFFICE JUST @ THET-BAR @THE FRONT ENTRANCE.SHE WILL SORT U OUT.
TAKE CARE JUST NOW & BE GOOD 2 YOURSELF

BIG HUGS
PAULINE XXXX

Hi Fiona

I am also HER2+, I have had 4 FEC and will finish 4th taxotere this Tues, my cancer was measured at 15cm x 12-13cm, after 2 tax it measured 8.5cm x 7 so it was basically halved. I started Herceptin with 1st Tax, i will be receiving herceptin for 1 year. There is no side effects to herceptin so when it comes to finishing chemo and when your feeling ready you can go back to work while receiving herceptin. I was diagnosed 22nd Sept.
I haven’t really been ill on chemo, feeling after 6th chemo is no energy.
I wasn’t offered to go on a trail, but I know people who have been on trials and seem to be no different to anyone else, its just different drugs.

I will see surgeon sometime during week of the 23rd to see what surgery I have to get then it will be onto rads.
I take 1 step at a time, not too much info as your head will just be too crowded.

Angela did a trial and is doing great.

Anything we can answer for you we will, just ask away.
Next time we are meeting for lunch come along.
Also Maggies centre at the western is good, get yourself onto the Look Goog Feel Better day.

Hope your breast care nurses are better than mine. Use them if you feel you can. Where are you getting treatment?

P - It’s only England that gets free prescriptions from 1st April is it not? Scotland gets free from 2010.

Take care for now

Sharon xxxx

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for your warm welcome and advice, yes Pauline I had op at the SGH, all went fine and have wonderful consultant and breast nurse… I’m trying do do a bit of research on my trial and did find out some interesting facts. The brain is bursting slightly… I do have a friend who is 5ys post mastectomy, ER+, Fec and Arimidex… she is a great help although all this must be raking it up for her. I’m still a bit sore after surgery but am going back to work for the next 2weeks, at least it’ll keep my busy and distracted…

All my clients are great and are surrogate mums!!! and it has been hard to tell them the news and not knowing when i can return to work, some have even offered to knit me hats…

Thanks again everyone, look forward to chatting to you soon…

Fiona xxxxx

SHARON…
THATS A PAIN ABOUT PRESCRIPTION CHARGES…NEVER MIND ROLL ON 2010.
HOPE U R OK.MY SLEEPING PATTERN IS A BIT SKEW WHIFF@ THE MOMENT…BUT GETTING SOME SLEEP.
ROLL ON NEXT WEEK FOR U…I AM REALLY PLEASED U HAVE DONE SO WELL.
ANY PLANS FOR THIS WEEKEND?

ANGELA…HOPE U R OK
JO…FEELING ANY BETTER NOW…WHEN IS UR NEXT CHEMO?
TRACY…TAKE CARE AND HAVE A NICE WEEKEND.
FIONA…HANG ON IN THERE…U WILL GET THROUGH THIS…WE ALL WILL.

LOVE
PAULINE XX

Hi everyone and welcome Fiona

Hi Fiona I have had 4 EPI so far and I have still to get 4 CMF and also RADS. I have had surgery first was a wide local ex on the 6th oct then I had to have a mastectomy on the 14th Nov my new boob is great and I am very happy with it… I have been feeling sick on my chemo and very tired but manageable, today was the first i have thrown up!!! But just need to get on with it… My bones get sore and ache as well. After all my treatment I am on Tamoxifen for 5yrs.

Hope you get on okay with your treatment… This site is really good and all the girls are fab

Take care lol jo xx

P… My next chemo is on the 27th march and then the following week as well now 1st april its a bit of bummer having to go 2wks in a row now. That a shame your not sleeping being up at 5 in the morning just makes your day soo much longer.

HI tracy hope your okay and work is not too tiring…

Angela hope Rads are going ok for you have a good weekend

lol jo xxxxx