Anyone from East Kilbride/Glasgow area?

Hi Girls,
Just posted a comment and it dissapeared!!!

Loved the poem Annie… Got the old chuckle muscle goin!!!

Helen, Lots of luck for tomorrow!! will be thinking of you… I know how scared you are feeling… we will get through this. Stay positive and strong. I’ll be going through it next Tuesday too. xxxx

Pauline- will be looking out for you tomorrow, I’ll be wearing white short Jacket, Jeans and Big silvery metallic bag…

Sharon, Hope you have been sleeping better, Good luck for Wednesday… xxxx

Jo - How are you? hope you are over the worst of it for the mo. xxx

Hope everyone else is doing ok…xxx

Love

Fiona xxxxx

hi girls,
Thanks Annie,loved the poem as well got a laugh from it…hope your feeling better

Hi Helen I wear a lot of scarfs the wig makes me feel a bit weird, i got a few from new look and also the kids dept in Zara as they were not as long. I fold in half and tie it at the back but then put the the knot at the side, looks a bit like a pony tail then.

Don’t worry you wont look silly… After a few days of being bald you get used to it !! I quite like it now is soo good to go into the shower and get ready so quickly without all the blow drying and straightening, so liberating, good luck with your firt chemo.

I am still feeling crap, still feeling sick and the taste in my mouth is horrible, i think i feel worst on the cmf than the epi… Eyelashes have started to come out but still got a few, hope they dont all go …fingers crossed.

hi pauline, thats good you out n about gettin some fresh air…

fiona hope your okay…I hate when that happens when you post disappears i have done that a few times!!!

sharon hope your sleep pattern gets better soon and have a good birthday… hope you enjoy your wine!!!

hello to Angela ,Tracy & cammie hope i haven’t missed anyone

lol jo xxx

Hi girls - been nice day - good to get out and get some fresh air. Went to EK towncentre in morning but felt so tired, didn’t stay long. Stopped Xeloda for 1 week so hope horrible taste and nausea goes soon. 1 week off then back on again next week for 2 weeks. Can enjoy few week glasses of wine. Thursday having night out in Shawlands with girls I used to work with - should be good.
Helen, hope all goes well tomorrow. You’ll soon get used to being with no hair. I don’t bother with anything when in house - usually the postie or Next man catch me out ( he’s quite fanciable!!)
Still trying to get to know who everyone is. i have written down all your names and will get to know more about you all as the days go on.
Sheila

Hi all

Pauline and Fiona hope you managed to bump into each other today!

Jo, it’s no good your not feeling great, hope your taking your anti-sickness meds to help with the sickness but if your bringing them back up they’re not gonna help are they, silly me xx

Sheila, enjoy your wine while you can enjoy it xx

Helen hope you got on ok today, was thinking about you xx

It’s D Day for me tomorrow, can’t wait to find out what’s happening

Feeling really tired just now, hope get half desent kip tonight.
Speak to you all tomorrow.

Big hugs

Sharon xxx

HI ALL…

HOPE U R ALL OK…DEXED UP A BIT NOW…SO LET THE GAMES COMMENCE!!!
FIONA,NICE 2 MEET UP WITH U AND TINA 2DAY…HOPE ALL GOES WELL NEXT WEEK.AND RECOMMEND U GET HAMMERED AT THE WEEKEND…HAVE ONE FOR ME.

SHARON…HAVE HAD CONFLICTING VIEWS ABOUT PLANS OF ACTION FOR ME FROM ONC AND SURGEON…NO SURPRISES THERE.TOLD THEM 2DAY THEY NEED 2 SPEAK 2 ONE ANOTHER OFTEN.GOT DATE 2 C PLASTICS TEAM 9THAPRIL AND PRESSED FOR FURTHER CT SCAN PRIOR 2 SURGERY.THERE WAS TALK OF MORE CHEMO POST SURGERY…BUT AT THE MO WILL NOT B HAPPENING.
GOING TO MAYBE ASK THEM ABOUT HAVING RADS B4 SURGERY…NEED 2 LOOK INTO IT A BIT MORE.ITS HUGE DECISIONS I HAVE 2 MAKE AND IT FRAZZLES U A BIT.
GOOD LUCK 2 MORROW…WILL BE THINKING OF U

SHEILA…GLAD U R GETTING A BREAK…HOPE THE WEATHER IS GOOD THIS WEEK.

HELEN…HOPE U R COORIED UP IN UR BED AND TAKING IT EASY.REMEMBER ANY PROBS PHONE CHEMO SUITE FOR INFO…DON’T MESS ABOUT THINKING U DON’T WANT 2 BOTHER ANYONE. DRINK PLENTY WATER AND PINEAPPLE JUICE

ALL OTHER CHAPS TAKE CARE AND MAY THE FORCE B WITH U
PXXXX

hi

Yeah I am still feeling like crap and I go back for my bloods tomorrow then chemo on fri… feeling a bit down now really can’t be bothered with this wish i could just get my life back…

Been taking my meds but don’t seem to be making much of a difference, well at least i am mot being sick which is good but i feel like s…t all day …

lol jo x

hope everyone is okay x

sorry meant to say to sheila sorry for calling you cammie !!!

head a bit wasted…

Jo, say when you get your bloods see if they can give you anything else, no point feeling like crap!!

Pauline, Oncologist said to me i’ve to get surgery before he will know what to do next, depending on results of removal he doesn’t think I’ll need more chemo but just wait and see, maybe go onto Rads next, lets hope.

take care all

Sharon xxx

Hi Gang,

Pauline, was really good to meet up with you today!! Had thought that 4hrs to get 24 Dex and a pregnancy test was a bit steep by anyone’s standards but you gave me lots of helpful information that I wouldn’t have had, so it was worth it. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow, be thinking of you. X
I have mixed feelings about being put on the long trial, every 3 weeks to the beatson for the next 18 months is making my toes curl. Feels like such a long time. Oh well at least I won’t have to worry about being short changed on herceptin.

Hi Helen, hope everything went ok for you today, and hope you take it easy and get plenty of rest over the next few days. X

Sharon, good luck for tomorrow also. Hope you get a decent sleep tonight. Don’t forget to ask lots of questions. X

Jo, hang in there. Hope you’re in and out quick with bloods tomorrow. Get all the rest you can for Friday. X

Annie and Sheila, hope you’re both hanging in there too X

Big hugs for now

Fiona xxxxxxxxx

Annie and Sheila, hope you’re both hanging on in there too. X

Hi girls

Saw surgeon he’s really pleased with the result, he couldn’t believe how well the cancer has reacted to chemo, he couldn’t really feel anything, has decided to still go ahead with the mastectomy, have to wait now to see Plastic surgeon to see if they will do Recon, he said they may not due to my body being at greater risk of infection as I have had Chemo. Will need to wait see what they say, will get appointment for next week soemtime.
Fingers crossed I get both done at same time.
I could get mastectomy done next week, if they go ahead with both will be in next 3 weeks, yeeha!! Alot quicker than I thought, thought I’d have to wait weeks.

Pauline, Fiona good you 2 managed to meet up.

Didn’t get a good sleep at all last night, think I was worrying too much, prob sleep better tonight.

Helen hope your ok

All others girls hang on in there.

Lots hugs kisses
Sharon xxxx

Hi All
Thanks for all your kind messages,

The chemo went fine yesterday, I even got my husband to pull up in front of next on the way home, so I could treat myself to a new top, as I’d been so brave! I felt a bit tired last night and my face is a bit puffy today, I’m also really thirsty and haven’t stopped drinking water all day. It’s just such a huge relief to get the first session over with. I decided to try the cold cap, as I just thought if I didn’t I might regret it and if my hair does still fall out at least I gave it a try. I can’t believe I turned into a bubbling wreck at the hospital again yesterday – the BCN asked how I was doing and all I could get out in between sobs was ‘I don’t even know how to tie a bloody scarf round my head! So in between more tears and acting like a stroppy teenager, as I was initially too upset to look in the mirror, I then had a lesson in tying scarves and tried loads of different headwear, so I felt lots better afterwards.

Sharon, I’m so glad your appointment went well today, that was really good news - I was thinking of you. Fingers crossed that you’ll be able to get your mastectomy and recons done at the same time, I’m sure that’ll be a huge relief, but even if you have to have them done separately, it all seems to be happening really quickly and you know that they’re only doing it separately to make sure that you’re ok. Hopefully you’ll be able to sleep better tonight.

Jo – sorry to hear you’re feeling crap. I hope you’re managing to get some rest and taking it easy, although I know that’s easier said than done when you have wee ones. How are the kids coping with it all? My 4 year old is great and keeps wanting to kiss my boob to make it better – I definitely think he’ll turn into a boob man as he gets older!

Fiona – I think we’re both are the start of a really long journey, and it all seems a bit daunting right now. I can’t believe that my chemo won’t finish until October and then I’ve got rads on top of that- argh! I’m just hoping I’ll be able to get everything over with by Christmas. What chemo are you having? Are you going to give the cold-cap a try? I definitely agree with Pauline’s advice, about getting hammered this weekend in preparation for Tuesday – I had a bottle of wine last weekend and I definitely felt better for it!. It was great you were able to meet up with Pauline, and get some good advice.

Pauline – Gosh you seem to be going through an awful lot, treatment wise - it all seems very complicated.

Sheila – Hope you have a good night out with your friends tomorrow night – a few glasses of wine; even weak ones sound good.

Hope everyone else is doing fine.

Thanks again for all you kind message of support yesterday.

Hugs to All

Helen

HI GUYS…

SHARON…GREAT NEWS RE TUMOUR…I AM SOOOO PLEASED FOR U.ASK UR BREAST CARE NURSE FOR DVD ABOUT PLASTICS STUFF IF U WANT. I AM STILL WAITING FOR MINE 2 ARRIVE.

HELEN…SO GLAD U GOT ON OK…KEEP TAKING THE STERIODS.DID U GET LOSEC PRESCRIBED 2 GO ALONG WITH THE STERIODS.IT HELPS WITH THE OLD HEARTBURN.I DRINL LOADS OF FLUIDS WITH CHEMO.U SOUND REALLY UPBEAT.I THINK WE WERE ALL PRETTY WORRIED ABOUT U.
HOPE ALL UR FAMILY R OK.

JO…HOW WAS UR BLOODS? RU FEELING ANY BETTER?

FIONA…DON’T STRESS ABOUT THE LENGHTH OF TIME …IT WILL FLY IM.I AM 6 MONTHS OFF MY WORK NOW AND DON’T KNOW WERE THE TIME AS GONE.
HOPE U WILL MANAGE 2 GET 2 MAGGIES…IS IT 2DAY OR 2 MORROW?

SHEILA…BEAUTIFUL WEATHER…HOPE UR ENJOYING IT.

ANNIE…HOWS THINGS…ANY MORE POEMS…THE LAST ONE WAS TRULY AMAZING.

ANG…RU FEELING LIKE NORMALITY IS KICKING IN NOW.HOPE U R OK

TRACY…HOPE U R NOT WORKING 2 HARD…TAKE CARE

BIG HUGS
PX

morning pauline

Got my bloods done think eveything is ok, still feel like crap though, woke up this morning loaded with the cold and bones are all sore…cant believe i need to go back tomorrow gettin so pissed off with this, just want to be normal again and get my life back…

lol jo x

JO…HOW MUCH MORE OF THE CHEMO HAVE U STILL 2 GO? THE SE ARE A PAIN AT TIMES,BUT U WILL C THIS OUT AND GET SOME NORMALITY.R U GETTING RADS?
HOW IS UR HUBBY AND THE KIDS?
TREAT URSELF 2 SOMETHING NICE…THAT MAY BOOST U UP A BIT.
THINKING OF U…WHEN TIMES R TOUGH TIE A KNOT IN A ROPE AND HANG ON 2 IT…NO SUICIDE WATCH FOR U ,RIGHT!!!

BIG HUGS FAE THE BIG YIN XXX

Morning Pauline / Jo

Pauline - I’m still feeling fine thanks – in fact I’m having a bit of a worry that the cold cap stopped the chemo from working; yep I know I sound mad and paranoid! I didn’t get losec, but I’m drinking loads of water, had about 4 litres yesterday and at this rate, will easily get through that today. I walked the kids to school / nursery this morning to get some fresh air so I’m just having a rest, also baby was awake at about 6:30 this morning, so I’m a bit tired – not sure if its the chemo or just being a mum!.

Jo, sorry to hear you’re still feeling crap, but you must be over the half way stage of the chemo, if you’re onto your CMF. Just take it easy, you’ll soon have your life back and it’ll be even more special than before. I agree with Pauline, treat yourself to something nice, you deserve it.

I’m having a birthday today, just hit the big 39! So, being spoilt and looking forward to my terry’s chocolate orange cake later - craving sweet things at the moment.

Hugs to all

Helen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HELEN…
HOPE U HAVE A FAB DAY
PX

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HELEN!!!
Relax and take it easy, I had sweet cravings at begining also.

We are both Aries, it’s my birthday tomorrow, I’ll be 35!!!

Hugs Sharon xx

SHARON…
UR NEARLY COMING UP 2 THE SAME AGE AS ME AND HELEN…U NEED 2 DRINK A WEE BIT EXTRA
PX

Hi Girls,

Happy Birhday Helen… hope you’re being wonderfully spoiled and having a nice chilled out evening… I’ll be 39 in May too, 2 days after chemo!!.. You asked what chemo I’m on, I’m doing 3 Herceptin and Taxotere and 3 FEC. followed by rads and then a year of herceptin…

Went to the Maggie’s centre today and it was very good, got good financial help. applied for a macmillan grant and incapacity benefit. I get 28 weeks grace for tax credits, so i’ll be back on the horse by then hopefully!! I’ve also booked into the look good feel better on 20th April and a head strong for scarfs on the same day, so I’m really looking forward to that…

Sorry Jo you’re feeling really fed up, your body is just hitting a low point and it’s dragging you down… You will have your life back before you know it and all this will be a memory. My friend is 5 years post now and is amazing!! Pauline will vouch for me on this one. just keep thinking of all those nasty cells being obliterated!!! so you can enjoy a long and happy life. xxx

Sharon, Hope you have a really good Birthday tomorrow, go out and have a great time. good news about the surgery, after putting up with all the chemo the surgery will be a doddle!! at least you know when you’re sore you can get loads of painkillers!!! the more the better!!

Pauline, how are you doing? you sound up beat? How did yesterday go? any news of the complimentry therapy? also can you tell me when I take my steroids? and how many? Dr Alhasso said 8mg the night before and same in the morning before I go for chemo but my brain is a pile of mince right now, with the memory of a slug!!!

P.S got lovely bandanas(cotton) from bohemia fashions(google it)and soft caps and a lovely soft lined tie scarf…no fancy tieing involved all, elasticated!! If anyone is interested…xx

Hope everyone else is well…

Huggggs Fiona xxxx

FIONA…

RU HAVING CHEMO ON THE TUESDAY NEXT WEEK?
IF SO TAKE 8MG AROUND 4PM…IT USUALLY SAYS 6PM ON THE DISCHARGE PRESCRIPTION…TAKE WITH OR AFTER FOOD. THEN NEXT DOSE IS 12 HOURS AFTER WITH UR BREAKY.
TAKE LOTS OF CHAMOMILE TEAS ON THE MONDAY NIGHT AS SLEEP CAN B A BIT OF A PROBLEM.FIRE INTO ALL THINGS LAVENDER.
IN ADDITION I ALSO GET PRESCRIBED LOSEC 10MG FOR HEARTBURN AND TAKE IT B4 THE STEROIDS…STOPS THE LINING OF UR STOMACH TAKING A POUNDING.

GLAD U GOT THINGS SORTED AT MAGGIES…ITS A REALLY GOOD SETUP.
WILL LOOK AT THAT LINK FOR SCARVES,HATS AND STUFF.
HOWS THE BOYS…HOPE THEY R OK.

MIND AND HAVE A GOOD TIME THIS WEEKEND.

FIONA…PHONE THE CHEMO SUITE AT THE BEATSON AND ASK 2 SPEAK 2 THE DOCTOR JUST SAY U NEED SOME CLARITY ABOUT THE TIMING OF THE STEROIDS.
DO IT 2MORROW ASAP.I WOULD RATHER U DO THAT GIVEN IT IS UR FIRST LOAD OF THE CHEMO.LET ME KNOW HOW U GET ON.

TAKE CARE
PXXXX