Anyone from East Kilbride/Glasgow area?

Hi girls

Had phone call earlier to say thats me seeing Plastic Surgeon Margaret Strick on Thurs 16th April and that they have penciled me in for surgery Mon 27th April. I don’t know why but feel excited now.

Pauline - they gave me a dvd yest, just haven’t watched it yet. Hope you ok today.

Fiona - your getting same as me, I had 4 FEC then 4 taxotere, on herceptin for 1 year also but will have a break while getting surgery, so anything you need to know you can just ask me.

Helen - hope you enjoyed your day and chemo didn’t let you down.

Tracy and Angela haven’t been on for a while hope they are ok.

Sheila, Anne hope your both ok also.

I spoke to Jo earlier so hope I haven’t missed anyone out.

We need to get date for lunch organised, please make it before I have to go into hospital. I have a lot of time on my hands at moment so I’m free anytime.

Love and hugs
Sharon xxxxxx

SHARON…THATS GREAT NEWS…BEST BIRTDAY PRESENT…RU GOING UP 2 UR MUMS 2 MORROW?
I AM UP AT BEATSON 2 MORROW…FOR REMOVAL OF HICKMAN LINE…JOY…IT WAS PRETTY GOOD…WOULD RECOMMEND IT 2 OTHERS IF UR VIENS WERE GETTING GUBBED.
NEXT WED FOR ANOTHER CT SCAN AS I HAD NODES ON MY LUNG…THEY WERE NOT ACTIVE IN NOV…BUT JUST FOR PEACE OF MIND OR 2 CHANGE TREATMENT PLAN.I AM SURE THE CHEMO WOULD HAVE ZAPPED ALL THE CRAP AWAY THOUGH…ITS MY OCD KICKING IN.
LOOKING INTO RADS B4 SURGERY BUT MAYBE THIS IS NOT VIABLE.WILL C SURGEON AT RAH END OF APRIL.
SO GUYS WHAT DATES SUITS FOR LUNCH…GET UR DATES IN 2 C WHEN WE CAN ALL MEET
SHARON…RU STILL GETTING COMPLEMTARY THERAPY?
THINK I WILL OPT FOR SOME REKI AT ACCORD ON THE 13TH OF THIS MONTH.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARON WHEN IT COMES

LOVE PAULINE XXXXX

Hi Girls

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Sharon – I hope you have a great day too. I’m really glad you’re got a date through for surgery, as least you’ve got something to focus on - not long now.

I’ve had a good day, loads of lovely presents; I think all my friends felt a bit sorry for me. My Terry’s chocolate orange cake was great, although K insisted on eating all the chocolate segments off the top. I forgot to take my anti-sickness tablets before tea, so was a bit wary, but I feel fine.

Pauline – do you think I should be drinking more than 4L? how long do I need to keep this up for, or should I be aiming for such a high fluid intake every day? At the moment I’ve got no choice as I’m sooo thirsty. Sorry to ask you all the medical questions, but I’m meant to be taking 3 steroids a day for the next 3 days. Why do we take steroids after chemo? – I know I must sound stupid.

Jo – hope you’re feeling a bit brighter. I’ll be thinking about you at your chemo tomorrow.

Fiona - I got a great bandana and a jersey hat liner from bohemia fashions too. I’m heading through to Maggies on Tuesday, as I’m booked on the LGFG session.

Hope everyone else is well.

Hugs to All

Helen

Hi Pauline

Ignore my questions about the steriods, have read up about them now and remembered what the nurse said. The ones I’m taking are meant to act as an anti sickness or reduce allergic reaction to the chemo. Think my head was just too full on Tuesday to take it all in.

Thanks

Helen

HELEN…

U DO NOT SOUND STUPID…SO BEHAVE.
JUST STICK WITH THE STERIODS THE WAY THEY HAVE PRESCRIBED THEM JUST NOW…IT GIVES U A WEE BOOST TOO.
WAIT TO U FEEL MORE CONFIDENT IN THE WAY UR BODY REACTS B4 TAILING THEM OFF.DEX IS A GREAT ANTI-SICKNESS TAB.EPIRUBICIN CAN MAKE U FEEL REAL SICK…I ALWAYS TOOK THE STEROIDS…CAUSE I KNOW I AM A PUCKY KIND OF GAL…BUT EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.
FLUID WISE AGAIN I DRUNK LOADS…U JUST CANT HELP IT.GET INTO THE BIOTENE GEL TOO.
JUST DO WHAT UR BODY TELLS U—
CHILL OUT AND REST
I HARDLY DONE ANYTHING 2 DAY…JUST A LAZY DAY
GOOD NIGHT AND SWEET DREAMS
PX

Hi Girls

Happy birthday Helen, I hope you had a great day.

Happy Birthday Sharon for tomorrow, have a fab time. Hope you get a good nights sleep and are feeling a little happier now things are moving forward.

Jo, it sounds like your having a crap time. It will be over before you know it… I know it doesnt seem like it, but it will. Hope you feel better over the weekend and manage to do something nice.

I went into work and have been told to wait another couple of weeks before I go back. I will be starting back one day a week first week then 2 the following etc, plus I have to go in for 10 and leave at 4 so I miss the rush hour trafic. I have to say they are being more accomodating than I expected, but its good. I have also just to go home if I feel one of the days is too much for me. All my work has been re-allocated anyway and I will be gettin all non critical stuff to do. So thats that sorted.

I hope everyne else is getting on ok. Im starting to lose track of everyone, will need to write down everyones names hehe. Oh well.

Take care

Angela

MORNING ALL…

ANG …GREAT 2 HEAR UR WORK IS GOING 2 B SUPPOTIVE…NICE HEARING FROM U.

SHARON…HAPPYBIRHDAY 2 U…HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 U…U KNOW THE TUNE.HOPE U GRT SPOILED ROTTEN.

JUST UP 2 TRY AND ORGANISE MYSELF FOR GOING TO HOSP FOR HICKMAN LINE REMOVAL…BLESS.

HELEN…FORGOT 2 ADD LAST NIGHT IF U R HAVING ANY PROBS WITH CONSTIPATION DUE 2 THE STEROIDS TRY TAKING SENNA TABS…2 AT NIGHT.

R THE SCHOOLS OFF 2DAY?

HOPE THE REST OF THE SQUAD R OK…AND HAVE A GOOD DAY.

OH JOE…GOODLUCK WITH THE CHEMO 2DAY…HOW MANY 2 GO AFTER 2DAY…WILL B THINKING OF U

BIG HUGS
PXXXXX

Morning all

Happy Birthday Sharon – hope you have a good day. Are you doing anything nice?

Angela – I’m glad your work is being so accommodating, I’m sure that’ll make a huge difference. Don’t take on too much.

Pauline – Thanks for all your advice; its all great. Just tired, thirsty and bloated still, the only time I feel sick is after I take the anti-nausea tablets before food, but I stop them today.

Jo – Good Luck with your chemo today. Take it easy.

Kids finish school today for 2 weeks.

Hope everyone else is OK.

Helen

Hi girls

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Going to mum and dads tonight for dinner, out with the girls tomorrow night.

Pauline - I’ve not had complemetary therapy yet but one of my friends is coming round Mon night to give me Rheiki.

Jo - Hope your chemo goes well today

Angela - I was hoping you’d have another few weeks off, too early for you to go back, glad work is being good with you.

Helen - Hope your still feeling good.

Sheila hope you enjoyed your night last night

Tracy, Fiona, Anne hope you are all well and have plans for weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hugs the birthday girl xxxxx

Hi girls,

Happy Birthday Sharon, hope you have a lovely day today. X

That’s my last day at work although it could have gone a little better than it did!!! I found another lump in my other breast last night, and well to put it mildly, I was having the screamin ab dabs!!! Phoned BCN this morning and garbled away to the answering machine!! Poor woman must have wondered what hit her when she heard it. She phoned me as soon as she got in and was able to put my panicing mind at ease very quickly. Apparently I have quite a few cysts in that breast so she thinks it’s just one of them. I’ve to try and see Dr Alhasso at Beatson on Tues as surgeon on hols. If need be an ultrasound can be arranged for Wed. So I was late for work hair half blowdried!!! Poor clients!!

Kids off for 2 weeks!! Oh boy!!

Hope you’re still hanging in there Helen, you sound very good. X

Hope everything went ok today Pauline with the Hickman. X

Jo- chin up babes for the chemo!! Hope all went well. X

Great about the job Angela. Easy does it. But you’ll get there. Your work have been really great with you. X

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Hugs. Fiona xxxxxxx

FIONA…

EASIER SAID THAN DONE…BUT CHILL OUT.I HAVE MULTIPLE CYSTS AND SHIT…THE CHEMO WILL ZAP THE WEE TARDS 2 KINGDOM COME
PX

Hi Girls sorry i havn’t been on in a while just find being back at work i never have time between running kids everywhere walking and hoosework aaaaah.Hope u r all as well as u can be i do look back ove r conversations to try and keep up to date on whats happening.Sharon Happy Birthday today have a lovely time and was so glad to hear about ur surgery and how much ur lump has shrunk well done girl.Jo sorry ur feeling so crap won’t be too long until its over my last chemo should be 1st june so have to see Dr Frazer soon and get rads sorted out whey hey bring it on.My hair has started to grow back now can’t tell wether its brown with grey or blonde never had much grey before will be bloomin annoyed if it turns out grey but at least i can dye it eventually
.Helen i am so glad ur first chemo went well and u havn’t reacted to badly.Pauline you sound as if u r keeping much better keep the pecker up.Angela glad ur work r been good with u and hope u r keeping well now its over.Fiona and Cammie hope u r both well trying hard to keep up with everyone but i do care and interested in how everyone doing

Everyone have a lovely weekend and take care think i’ll have a large drink tonight p.s i have booked pink hummer limo for my daughters 13th birthday my friend and i r going in it too whey hey can’t wait i’ll be worse than the weans
Tracy xxxxx

Hello lovely ladies

Sorry I have been missing in action but I have had a hellish infection for nearly 2 weeks now.

I fell asleep during the final of Dancing on Ice and woke up with a temp of 38.2! It didn’t go to under 37, even with paracetamol so 2 rounds of antibiotics later, I am now feeling better. My totally wonderful sister (Sharon, it’s her birthday on Monday so she, too, is an Arian. I LOVE Arians. SHe has 4 kids and a complicated medical condition heself, but has hardly left my side) came up yesterday for us to go for our complimentary therapy with Isabel at Hairmyres and I could not get out of bed! Took ages getting up, had to postpone our treatments, went to hers to see the kids and get cheered up, nice wee walk with her and her goofy dog etc. Yet today, I feel cured.

Bizarre or what.

Chemo had to postponed by a week to allow me to get better. Shit. Def of the opinion that soonest started, soonest finished …

So I caught up on thie site this morning and it was like waking into a warm and friendly pub with all of your inspiing comments. One thing I now know. This horrible thing that has happened to all of us has, in a weird way, enriched us. I love reading all your comments and truly feel that we are part of a community. Soppy cow that I am.

Sharon - happy, happy, happy birthday sweetheart! Hope you have a great one and get spoiled abslutly rotten!!! Great news about the tumour and the surgery.

Mr Musa will have been delighted, I’m sure!

I know Mr Musa will be delighted that my tumour, too has shrunk so much. I am hoping for a lumpectomy, but to be honest, couldn’t care if they took both boobs away as long as I am free of this monsterous wee beasie in my boob that’s trying to kill me! To see it shrunk down to size last Thur was one of hte best moments of my life. I cried all Friday. Didn’t cry when they told me I had cancer, or when they told me hte lymph were involved, but that bloody FECing black mass could now fit into the bottom of a test tube. I would have punched the air if I had the strength!!

Thank god chemo is now behnd you pet. That’s the biggest bump in the road for us. Are you def going to get a mast, and do you have lymph involvment? I saw Dr YaYa on Wed, sweet wee chap, had a laugh with him. Love his name! His first name is Kai.

Helen. Got to echo what everyone else is saying. You would be amazed how soon we all get used to being baldy. I honestly don’t mind it! And I soooo thought it would upset me greatly! If there is one thing I would recommend to everyone. As soon as you get he 1st ‘tingle’ on your scalp, bite the bullet and get your head shaved because at that point the hair loss is inevitable, messy - a bit painful in my case, scalp very sensitive - and upsetting. Hair everywhere. I didn’t start to lose mine till after my 2nd FEC but when it starts …

The wigs are amazing, mine looks exactly like my own hair and they are not uncomfortable, surprisingly. Did you know we get a new one every 6 months? So I am due another in June and this time I am going for a long bob, which is how I used to wear my hair. I too, was consumed with thirst, still am. I super hydrate. I have a 2l of Asda S/P sparking water a day, with about 4 pints of tea! I am sure that has helped me with the worst s/e of treatment. I take crystalised ginger from Holland and Barrett, which keeps the sickness at bay, so I don’t need antiemetics and I take about 6 mahjool dates at day to help with the “end problem” They taste great and have meant I have not needed laxitives or antiemetics. They’re cheap too. A huge bag of ginger is about £2.50 (I think) and the dates are £1.50 for a big tub. My wonderful sis keeps me supplied with them! Take a couple instead of a biscuit with tea - they taste like toffee.

Angela - a tale of triumph! Back at work and all of this a recent memory. Gives us hope in the knowledge that we are just a few months behind you. I find this site INCREDIBLY hopeful and inspiring, even though we spend much of it a bit sick, a bit uncomfortable … One thing we all know girls. Like is tough but we are TOUGHER.

Anyoldhow, going with my wonderful nephew to buy my sis something fabulous for her birthday, lunch at O’Neills (well a pint of Guiness and Apple and CImmimon tart with custard for me, the boy will eat a horse. What is it with young chaps and their capacity for food. And a visit to the Botanic Gardens to replenish my soul.

God bless and keep all you wonderful ladies.

Will post some more funnies soon.

Annie W xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Girls

Gosh Annie – you sound like you’ve had a pretty rough time, glad you’re feeling better & hope you had a nice lunch yesterday.

Tracey – the pink hummer sounds great.

Fiona – sorry you had such a panic on Friday morning, its just crap having this hanging over us, isn’t it.

Jo – hope you’re feeling better and the chemo went ok on Friday.

Sharon – how was your night out. Hope you have a good time. Let me know how the rheiki goes, I quite fancy that too.

Pauline – hope everything went ok with your hickman line.

Sheila & Angela – hope you’re having a good weekend.

The lady from the hospital rang on Friday wanting to arrange an appointment for wig viewings. She was so nice and I felt she was the first person I’d spoken to who actually acknowledged that I was young (ish!) and also that appearances are important; although you wouldn’t believe that right now, as I fight the urge to wash my hair!. I can’t decide whether I should just treat it as normal and have a great last couple of weeks with it, or just be kind and gentle, on the off chance the cold cap does work!.

Got a physio appointment tomorrow for the cording on my arm.

I ordered a couple of leaflets off this site last night, although I really think they should be given out as standard by the BCN’s. Intially I really struggled to look at the BC leaflet in the back of my green folder as it was full of old people, whereas I was still B/Feeding!. I think it would of made a difference if it had been the younger persons leaflet - thats my moan over!.

Hope you’re all having a good weekend.

Helen

Hi Girls,

Hope you are all doing well and had a nice weekend… bit colder today, wish the sun would come back. I went out for a nice meal and some vino last night…feeling ok today, went to docs for sickline and some meds this morning…found out at there that they have me down for the wrong size lump 30mm instead of 13mm… got a wee fright with that. phoned onc secretary, she’ll ammend it and it has no bearing on my treatment!! will see onc in morning so will just double check…I’m heading down to maggies for drop in relaxation (think I’ll be needing it!!) just spent an hour on the phone claiming incapacity benefit… my ear is red hot!!

Helen- hope you enjoy LGFB day, speaking as a hairdresser, the way you treat your hair and scalp will have no bearing on when/if it all comes out… the damage is done deep within the hair folicle at a cellular level, that’s why the cap sometimes doesn’t work. just treat it normally…xx

Sharon- hope you had a good night out. I’d love to try reihki too.xx

Hi Pauline, hope you’re still hanging in there!! how’s the sleeping?xx

Jo- hope you’re ok too, did you kick chemo butt!!!xx

Sheila, Angela and Annie… best wishes to you all, hope things are ok with you… xxx

well girls wish me luck for tomorrow!!!..speak to you soon.

Love
Fiona xxxx

hi everyone

Chemo whent okay on fri didnt wait too long only half an hour late.

Woke up on sat morning at 6.30am being sick again this is not being good to me this cmf… been taking all my meds they are helping a wee bit but i just feel crap, steven was off all weekend so i got lots of help with the girls…just going to lay about today and try and chill, that can be a bit impossible with the girls running around bored all day. My mum & dad are away to their place in spain for a 10 days so cant even bump them off to them…

hope everyone is well and had a good weekend lol

jo xxxxx

Hi Girls

Jo - Sorry you’re still feeling like crap – hang in there. Can you get any friends to have the kids for a few hours to give you a break? Can you speak to your Health Visitor about getting additional childcare support? I know there’s a family centre and other support sevices in my area which my HV mentioned if I was ever struggling - she said they’d look to put a care package in place if need be. My HV has been fantastic. Have you had much contact with yours through this?

Fiona - Good Luck tomorrow – I’ll be thinking of you. Hope you don’t feel too rotten afterwards.

I’m heading through to the Maggies Centre in Glasgow tomorrow – does anyone know what the parking is like in the surrounding area? I don’t know if I can be bothered with trains.

Hope everyone had a good weekend

Thanks
Helen

Hi Helen,

Are you coming to The LGFB seminar at the maggie’s…? I’m under the impression it was on today… I think it’s only on a monday…(hope I’m Wrong!) they were setting up for it when I was leaving this afternoon. There is a car park across the road in front of the transport museum which is alongside the river. Go right into the car park, don’t park on the road!! it’s 10p for first 1/2hr then 10p every 10mins up to 3hrs, the car park is a flat £1 for 4hrs, which is really good if you’re going to be there a while. you will enjoy Maggie’s centre it’s really good and the people are lovely…xx

I went to the relaxation class today for an hour and it was really good…

Sorry Jo you’re feeling so bad, it’s awful that you’re having such a bad time… sending you hugs through cyber space. xx

Hugs

Fiona xxxx

Hi girls

Had a great night on Sat night, 1 of my friends got me an ipod nano, had a surpise my sis invited more people than I thought so I had loads friends turning up at pub, alot more than I though was going.

Fiona - good luck for tomorrow, no rheki tonight as friends father in law in hospital.

Jo - it’s really crap that your feeling crap, hang on in there.

Annie - Mr Musa said that he was still going to give me a mastecomy as although tumour reacted well with taxotere he doesn’t want to take any chances as cancer was so aggresive. Kai is a lovely doctor, but very skinny. Good to hear your feeling bit better and getting out and about, also you sound bit more perkier.

To rest of girls, hope your all well and enjoyed weekend.
Can we get some dates sorted for lunch??

Lots love and hugs
Sharon xxxx

Hi Fiona

I can’t believe I got the days mixed up! I’m so mad with myself.

I’ll have to try and get on the next one.

Thanks

Helen