Anyone from East Kilbride/Glasgow area?

Hi Pauline, yeah the food was great, it was the two fat ladies in the city centre we went to. Thankfully you get your tast back fairly quickly once it all stops although I still cant take spicy food. I didnt need to get a hickman line as only 4 of my chemos were intravenus (probaby spelt wrong but you know what i mean) the rest was table form. Just as well as after two my veins had had enough.

I go for my second rads planning on Friday then start the treatment the folliwing monday.

Hope you feel better this week, I found that I had 10 bad days and 11 good days so half the time I was out and about as much as poss.

Angela

hi angela

Did not have a very good day on Sat, was feeling very sick even after taked all my tablets, had to get my hubby to come home from work , sent the girls off to my mums. Feeling a bit better now, I am still on for tomorrow. What time do you want to meet, i can arrange my sister to take girls earlier if you want to meet.

lol jo x

Hi Jo

Sorry you didnt feel well, glad your on the mend. Do you want to meet at 1, its only an hour before but it gives us a chance to get a drink before we go… In not great at my way round Glasgow, but I get off the train at central at about 12.50.

Angela

Morning …
Ang & Jo…Hope you enjoy the workshop today.I have arranged to go in a couple of weeks time.Jo…hope you are feeling better.
Let me know how you get along.
Sharon,says it was a good day…so enjoy getting pampered …you deserve it.
Sharon & Tracey…hope you are both ok this morning.Hope to hear from you soon,
Hugs
P -X-

Hi Angela

Do you want to meet over at the westend! There must be a cafe near the centre we can go to.

Sounds good, Where shal we meet? I will get off the underground at Hillhead.

Angela

hi

Thats fine i will meet you outside the underground, what time will you be there?

I should be there just after 1, my train gets into central at 12.50 - 12.55 so I will head straight to the underground.

Angela

no probs will get you there

lol jo x

Hi girls,
Hope you are all keeping well sorry i am not on very often but will try and log in when i can.Pauline you sound as if you have had sometime of it on that toilet glad it wasn’t c-dif though. I will be starting my cmf on my next treatment so i hope i don,t react badly to that.I have worked as pharm tech for 21 years now with 4 years off in between to bring up kids best time of my life.My job can be quite interesting its funny being on the other end of it now, have spent alot of time making up chemo for the kids in Yorkhill.I’d be happy to join in with that lunch if it gets arranged.IBy the way i live in Robroyston and am 40 i found my lump 2 days before my 40th birthday so much for life beginning at 40 anyway it didn’t stop me having a great birthday party and going to Dubai with my hubby didn’t tell him or anyone about lump though until i had been to doc’s,well it might have been nothing to worry about. Have decided this is just a little blip in my life that i have to deal with then get on with the rest of my life still have got too much fun and living to do.Speak to you all soon
Tracy xxx

Hi Jo and Angela forgot to say hope you both have had a lovely afternoon at Maggies its nice to get a litle treat.
P.S hope you didn’t drink too much wine and make a mess of your faces take care Tracy xx

Hi girls

Sorry not been on my sis had to borrow my laptop for a few days.
UPDATE:- I’ve to get 2 more Taxotere before I see the surgeon have appointment now for 25th March. At this rate I’ll get my surgery on my birthday haha, it’s 3rd April. That be nice present, not!
I’ve been back to my normal self again, Oncologist was asking how I was doing, when I told him my body felt knackered after chemo he said it’s the steroids as they build your body up, so next time he’s giving me other ones to bring my body down slower that way I shouldn’t be so bad.

Pauline - hope your feeling better and got on ok with benefits people.

Jo and Angela - hope you both enjoyed you day and met up ok

Tracey - good to see you on again

I’ve got chemo again next Mon and Tues so that will be number 7 down only 1 to go

hugs to you all
Sharon xxxx

Greetings…

Out today…for the first time in ages.Alas,its for bloods @ the Beatson.Hopefully bloods will be satisfactory & will get chemo & hickman line tomorrow.
Sharon,nice to have you back online…missed your patter.You are nearly free of nasty infusions now.Your birthday present from the NHS will not be long now…shame about the timing.Have you been offered genetic testing?
Sharon&Joe …keen to have a report about the workshop yesterday.
Tracey…hope you are ok
Love
P-X-

Hi P

No-one in my family has had Breast cancer or any other type of cancer so I haven’t been offered genetic testing. I was shocked to read that both your parents had it.

Jo how you feeling this week now?

We’ll need to arrange to meet soon and then make it once a month or something, that would be good.

Hang on in there girls
Speak soon
Hugs Sharon xxx

I’m dying to find out how you got on Angela and Jo, did you meet up ok?
Sharon xx

Hello…

Just back from the Beatson.They are changing me over to taxotere …due this tomorrow.Have to take all those steriods…can’t be doing with no sleep tonight.Sharon,did I read write.Are you getting tax too?Whats it been like for you?
Can’t say I am looking forward to it.I need to inject those G-CSF INJ for 8 days.My bloods are just too crap not too.
Feel like s78t tonight…will boost up after 8 MG dex though.
What have the rest of you been up to today?
Angela & Jo anybody with a hanover since the wee party on monday?
Hope you are all well
PX

Hi P

Yip I’m on Tax, had 2 so far next 1 is Tues. I get tired couple days after, like my body is just a dead weight, but doc said that’s cause your on steroids to build up your body then when you come of them your body comes down with a bang, they are going to give me other steroids to help with this, apart from that I’ve been fine. I feel great this week.

I get injections after chemo also, I got these when I was on FEC aswell, this time the injections are taken day 3 to 10. I hate needles but manage to inject myself. You’ll be fine

Have done nothing today, never know what to do with my time, I’m sick going to shops all the time!! I’m getting really bored.

Sharon xx

I think Angela and Jo are suffering from hangovers today after being out all night showing off their make-overs, haha

Hi Girls

No Hangover, The day was good, Jo and I met up about half an hour before the course and had a tea and a lemonade for me… Went along to the course, and got the bag full of goodies and spent about two hours where they show you how to use all of the stuff. Sharon already knows but the bag is filled with loads of stuff. I had an appointment to see the Headstrong people after the course and Jo had to get back to get her kids so no night out for us. Just looking forward to the lunch we have all been talking about!!

Sharon, you know where I am if you need some company or to get out of the house…

Angela

SHARON…
I HAVE NOT MANAGED OUT ALOT SINCE STARTING TREATMENT.I KNOW WHAT U MEAN ABOUT BOREDOM.HOWEVER I SPEND MUCH OF MY TIME SLEEPING SO FAR.
WAS A BIG BOOK FAN BUT CANT SEEM TO CONCENTRATE MUCH.NEVER BEEN A TELLY GIRLY.TAKEN TO PLAYING COMPUTER GAMES.FRIENDS COME OVER WHEN THEY CAN &I KICK TOM OUT THE DOOR 2 WORK.
NOT LONG TILL MONDAY FOR U .TAKE CARE PXXX

JO &ANGELA…
GLAD U MET UP OK & ENJOYED THE DAY
LOVE PX