Anyone from East Kilbride/Glasgow area?

Hi All

Im good for the Tuesday if it makes things easier…

Hope you are all keeping well.

Had my first Rads today… the beatson are really nice!! they make you change out of your clothes in front of the staff and only give you a small piece of paper to cover yourself with. No gowns and no changing room. There was for the planning but not now. So I get to show my flabby belly off to about 3 to 4 members of staff on a daily basis Yay. To be fair, the staff seem nice enough and you dont feel a thing, you hear the machine working but its all over with very quickly. All the way to the beatson to spend at most 10 mins there. We had to leave at 7am for a 8.40 appointment since we are hitting the rush hour… hate to think what im going to be like at the end of the week, I will be able to pack all my clothes in the bags under my eyes hehe. Oh well…

Take care

Angela

Oh Angela, that was a great time you had, all modesty out the window now!! Hope you get on well the rest of the 4 weeks, you’ll no be shy by then hehe.
1 of the woman at herceptin clinic finished today thats her never to return, she was so happy, we’ll be like that at some point in the future.

We can’t do the Tues due to Pauline going to LGFB day. Looks like the Thurs then :slight_smile:

Hugs Sharon
xxx

Hi Sharon

I cant wit till its all over now, Im sure you feel the same. Think a celabration will be in order hehe. I will be glad to stop flashing my chest off hehe

LGFB is on a Monday so Tues is still an option, it would also allow Tracy to come along.

Hope your Chemo goes ok tomorrow

Hi guys

Had a busy weekend…It was good to see my friend not seen her since xmas !! We went for dinner at Amore on Ingram St it was really good!! Food was great

I am good for the Tuesday and also love cafe Anduluz me & hubby always go there they do great Margaritas…

Sharon hope goes all well for your chemo tomorrow.

Angela- not such a great day for you today at least that you started your treatment now… Are you feeling tired with it ?

What time shall we meet ?

Take care lol

jo x

My head away with it course its on a monday.
Tues it is then and Tracy can join us.

Unless anyone ojects I’ll book table for 1pm, that gives us all time to get in.
Angela we can get the train together, I’ve got docs in the morning.

Getting ready to go to hospital again.

Hugs Sharon xx

Sounds good Sharon.

Hope today goes well and you dont suffer to much

Afternoon…
Sharon…Hope you get on ok with the tax today.I have found it hellish…perking up a bit today…day7…is there more SE to come?
I have just had my visit from DNS today to flush and change hickman line…got to be done weekly Mouth feels like a sewar.
Will not be able to make lunch next tuesday as DN is coming again…cant give me a specific time so I will just have to roll with it.
Can always meet up again some other time.Have a wee drink for moi!!!
Took co-codamol 30 : 500 & voltarol for the bone pain which was not very nice.Just zombied as I did,nt do tabs prior to diagnosis…but they do work.Had the doc squad in to …over the last couple of days…but hey ho I am still alive to tell another tale.
No idea how you manage the tax and the herceptin…you are a brave girl.I am just a big wooze!!!

Angela…Glad your treatment has started…how many weeks have you to go with this? Its a pain doing rush hour traffic.but your appointment times may change over the weeks.Make sure you rest plenty.I think my problem is that I always want to climb Mt.Everest in a day…thats just me.Taken it hard being a patient.Was ever so fit prior to this but now feel like Iam @ least 100years old.Roll on passing day 10.
Have you got dates to go back to work yet?Did you get somebody to help you fill out your form for benefits?The form is so pedantic.
Anyway,will meet up with you one of these days but enjoy the lunch on tuesday.I think you are all going tohave a ball.

Jo…How are the kids & your hubby?That was great news about your sister expecting.When is she due?
How are you getting on?I feel its like a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.Hate all the SE but will be worth it in the end.
How many more treatments are you up for?
It just seems to drag on sometimes…but before you know it we will all be finished.Woohoo!!!

Tracey…Looking forward to going back to work?Are you on a phased return programme.Mind don’t batter into all the work…there is always tomorrow.
Hope your kids & hubby are ok.
Have a nice time on tuesday

Big hugs
Pauline xxx

Hi Pauline

I know you have the DN coming next Tuesday, but if she turnes up before the lunch you could still meet up with us. Even if you miss the meal we can give you anumber to meet us some where else if you want… Otherwise Im sure we can have a couple for you and meet next time.

I have 4 weeks of Rads and I have all of the dates and times already… there are a lot of early mornings ugh!! Never mind. I was told today by a woman bigger than me to go and lose some weight and exercise. I know I need to … Im not that daft!

I told my boss I would go back to work on the 6th April, but my Rads got put back so there is only a week between me finishing and going back to work… I thnk my boss will make me wait a wee bit longer!

I applied for Employment Support today and I have an appointment with Maggies next Wed to chat to their benefits advisor… Hopefully I will get something out of it.

I hope you feel better and the pain is controlled as much as it can be.

Jo - Congrats, it must be great to be looking forward to something so good. I did get some info today that was interesting… I was told I had to wait 2 years from the date of chemo finishing to try for a baby, but the nurse today said that that was a myth and that I should give myself 6 months then try if I want. Think it scared the other half just a wee bit!!

Tracy - Hope you are good going back to work, I was told today not to go for half days but to ain for 3 full days to start off with, Mon, Wed and Fri so i always had a day off inbetween!

Angela

Hi pauline I’m going to sound daft here but what is SE? Pity about the DN but as angela said you could always join us if they show early.

Angela - your treatment and advice seems to be getting better and better!!! We all know we have to loose weight but it’s not that important at the moment, plus you feel like you’ve already lost some weight already haven’t you. Going back to work 3 full days a week will be tough so if you can’t handle it do 4 hours or something. If you want to know how long to leave it before tying to have kids I’d ask Dr Yosef.

Jo hope your well. It’s great to get good news isn’t it.

Tracy good luck with work tomorrow hope you can make tues.

I’ve got some stiff legs after treatment today and really bad indegestion, took 3 lozec today already. Hope I get a sleep tonight.

Take care all and I’m looking forward to Tues.
Hugs and positive vibes
Sharon xxx

Sharon…
Cannot believe u r posting 2night…I was like a duracell bunny for 1 day.then the side effects (SE) kicked in good style.Going to try sucking on ice cubes 2 night as mouth is still hell of a sore.My sister has been looking @ an american discussion forum & they suggest biotene gel.Will look 2 c how to get this.That adcortyl in orabase makes me throw up.Taking nystatin too…not so bad.

The DN did not come until arounD 2pm.They need 2 DNS as one is the clean the other the dirty nurse.I used to work in theatres a while back before I went on to the wards.I am a bit OCD about cleaning & bacteria…yes its a bit freaky.
Got that bone pain again …much 2 my disgust back on the painkillers.
2 more inject to go.

When do you finish with the tax now.? I bet you are just counting down the days.Did you get slow release dex.I asked for that @ the Beatson but they said they never had any.It sure plays havoc with the old heartburn.Hope you gre on ok with this cycle…you are becoming a bit of a veteran on it now.

Will try 2 meet the gang next week…but the DNS cannot predict what will happen on that day…wish I had a crystal ball.
Margaritas sound very nice…

Everbody take care of yourselves.Thinking of you all

Love Pauline xxx

MORNING GIRLS…

LIGHTER MORNINGS NOW ITS GREAT…LUV WHEN SPRING BEGINS.
HOPE U R ALL OK THIS MORNING…KEEP TAKING MEDS IF FEELING ROUGH.
ONLY ONE MORE INJEC 2 GO FOR ME…WOOHOO
NEVER SLEPT MUCH LAST NIGHT…SSWEATS,RUNNY NOSE,MOUTH STILL FEELS YUK NO MATTER WHAT I CLEAN IT WITH.
NOT THAT KEEN ON SOLPADOL EITHER…
ANYWAY, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES AND I’LL SPK SOON.

BIG HUGS LUV P X

Hi girls

Haha P, that’s why I was on here last night, couldn’t concentrate on T.V or books, felt tired but couldn’t sleep.
I have difflam and that biotene oral balance for mouth that hospital gave me last time, also us corsodyl, my ulcers were that bad last time it all worked, I tried ice cubes and ice lollies but they were all too sore even hot cups tea I have to let them cool down first it burns my gullet, very sore.
Had really bad pins’n needles in feet last night it was horrible, also had wobbly legs, you’ll get bone pain for a good few days. Injections start tomorrow for me.
I told them this time not to give me anti-sickness drugs as don’t use them. got plenty in cupboard.
I really can’t belive you been handed suck a bad card with all this, you have been through so much, but just remember you are getting throught this and beating this, once your chemo stops you will get back to normal. Loads of other people I have spoken to were really ill also and some have been in out hospital, one girl had been in for 1 1/2 months, she was just so ill. Just rememeber there are others out there worse that you.

That’s past few mornings I’ve had to get up at 7.10 as fed up lying around awake tossing and turning, would be great if I had a man in my bed hehe, if this was me before all this I could sleep to 11am or if had good drink 12-1pm. I used to love my bed.

Work invited me on a visit next week to a Regiment but had to pass got 2 appointments, plus having lunch with you guys. Plus my boss is trying to get me back to work. He thinks he’s doing me some good as my money running out soon, I’ll just need to claim like everyone else, I’m in no hurry to get back, I still got a long road to go down yet, i’ll go back when I’m ready.

Hope everyone else is ok today, sounds a bit windy out there but looks nice day for a walk.
Hugs Sharon
xxxxx

My face and neck are glowing like baleesha becon today!!!
thighs are stiff and sore.

HI SHARON…
SORRY UR LEGS R SORE…TAKE A VOLTY…HAVE A WARM BATH SO YOUR LEGS DON’T FEEL LIKE LEAD.MY FACE WAS THE SAME…BRIGHT RED FOR 3 DAYS EVEN WITH IV PIRITON.I USUALLY 2 LOVE MY BED…SLEEP NO PROBS BUT WON’T LAST FOREVER THESE UNUSUAL SE.
WHATS THE REGIMENT U WERE TALKING ABOUT.I KNOW U WORK FOR THE CIVIL SERVICE.ARE U A MEMBER OF MI5?
GLAD U DON’T NEED ANTI-EMETICS BUT DID THEY STIL GIVE U IV ONDANSETRON? NOT KEEN ON THAT…KEEPS U AWAKE 2.I AM GOING 2 ASK NEXT TIME FOR A MID SEDATIVE FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS.WITH THE NEXT BATCH.
REALLY NOT KEEN FOR THE NEXT LOT.IHAVE ONLY HAD 4 LOTS SO FAR…2 TO GO.I THINK TAX IS WORSE THAN FEC…ANYBODY AGREE?
WILL TRY 2 EAT SOME LUNCH NOW.GOT SOME PLASTIC CUTLERY AS ALREADY HAVE A METAL MICKEY MOUTH ALREADY.

SPK SOON PXXXXXX

Hi Sharon and Pauline, sounds like you are both having a fine time of it… hope you dont feel too bad.

Tracy, are you going to make it on Tues?

Jo, the plan is to meet in Glasgow at 1

Angela

Na P just work for the army, they are going to Leconfield to drive trucks etc, would have been fun. We don’t get out the office and it had to be while I am off :frowning:
I don’t have volteral, I don’t get ONDANSETRON, I always get sleeping tablets they work for couple of hours at least.
Yes Tax is def worse than FEC, i was neither up nor down when I was on that, felt normal.

Angela hope your rads going ok.

Jo hope your well

Hugs and stuff sharon
xxxx

Hi guys

Doesn’t sound too good for sharon & Pauline at the moment… I am feeling ok just a bit on the tired side but that is due to lack of sleep I am getting at the moment. Think i will ask for sleeping pills next week…also need to get the kids out of my bed, they come in and wake me up and then i cant move with 4 in a bed.

Looking forward to lunch on Tues, Hubby is on holiday so he will take the girls to nursery in the morning then they can go swimming.

Angela hows it going with the Rads, have you got many side effects?

Next week is the last of my Epi then I am going onto CMF for 8 of them, this one is going to take longer as i go 2 weeks in a row then off for 3.

How are you Tracy looking forward to going back to work…

Take care lol

jo xx

Oh, are we meeting at Cafe Anduluz at 1pm

jo x

Good morning

Hope everyone had a good nite sleep. I managed to go the full nite without getting disturbed by the girls…

Got to go to the Royal to day to see my surgeon again…Its been 15 weeks since my operation, its gone by so quickly. Will need to tell her that i am still getting a bit of pain down my arm and my movement is getting worse since i started on my chemo.

Hope you all have a good day

lol jo xxxx

Morning, had not too bad a sleep last night, but still feel shattered. Can’t even be bothered to speak to anyone.

I’ve noticed more of my eyelashes have fallen out, I’ve had no eyebrows for a while but patches of my hair are starting to grow back. It’s all so weird, but ill all be over soon.
Haven’t really been feeling down so far except for last night, think it was due to the fact I was so bored but seemed to be thinking alot about other things that I shouldn’t even be thinking about yet.

Jo - Good luck with surgeon, and great you had good sleep, Yip for meeting at 1300 at Cafe Andeluz, I’m looking forward to it, getting a few nice dishes.

P - hope your doing ok today

Angela - hope your coping with the rads.

Tracy - Hope you can make it on Tues, be good to see you again and catch up

It’s my dad’s birthday today so I’ll prob go round there have my dinner then we’ll all go out for meal at weekend.

Looking forward to next weekend, dad booked us all to go away for weekend, be nice changed, get out in the fresh air.

Hugs
Sharon xxxxx