Anyone from East Kilbride/Glasgow area?

Morning girls…
I had a rubbish sleep again…I have hardly slept sinc e last wed…getting very pissed off now.Feel @ night I cant breath and sooooooo warm.Had to come down and try to sleep on the couch @ 3am…cooler but still no sleep.Inhaling with menthyl crystals now.If my nose is not all blocked up its running.Still gor some slight bone pain.
Really dont know if Ican tolerate anymore.
I ama a bit concerned too about that tax can induce permanent baldness.
Feeling rubbish,sorry for ranting but just want somne sleep…natural stuff.
Sharon,I too am a long term planner always have been…know way 2 much info…read my medical notes too last week…student gave me them…well what could I say,she did,nt have a clue.I am just that used to running around looking after people that I still cannot accept I have this fickle disease.
Birthday greetings 2 ur dad…hope u enjoy the scran.It will be nice 4 u 2 get away next week 2.
Ang…only one day left this week then its the weekend woohoo.
Jo…Keep us updated about what surg says…glad u managed 2 sleep
Trac…hope work is ok
This website is great for letting everything out and thanks girls for putting up with me

Big hugs from the BIG YIN AKA PXXX

this is def great for us to let everything out, especially as we all know what we’re going through, friends and family you can’t talk to the same as they don’t understand, sis got upset with me last night as I wasn’t in mood for talking.

You don’t need to apologise as we are here for each other and all need to rant.
Also, didn’t know about the permanent baldness, that’s starting to freak me out!!! You need to get sleeping tablets even though they just put you over for a little while, better than nothing

And has anyone noticed that when you logged in there were about 700-800 logged in at a time, but now it’s just 10-20 people!! Weird

Hugs
Sharon xxx

Hi sharon

I was just thinking about that myself when I logged in this morning!!

I think this site is good for me you feel as if you are boring all your family with all the complaints at least you guys know what its like and understand …

Angela what you up to today ?

I am justing popping round the corner to my friends house for some tea before i go to the hospital

lol jo xxx

Hi Jo enjoy, I’m just chilling on couch, my usual place heehee xx

Hi Girls

Im not up to much, have been getting up at 6am all this week for the Rads so Im quite tired. So far there are no real side effects. Im just hanging around the house reading… gets very boring!

Im joining the lack of sleep club too, I dont know if its just because I started a new treatment… but I havent been able to get to sleep, i have been reading untill 3am then getting up at 6 for the hospital. Im gonna be a wreck by the end of the week. 1 more day and thats my first week over.

Sharon… if its any concelation my eye lashes and brows grew back really quickly. They were back to normal in just over a month.

Im looking forwrd to Tuesday… should be a good day :slight_smile:

Angela

HIYA ANG…
GLAD U R BEARING UP WITH THE RADS…IS UR PARTNER STILL GOING WITH U ?
TRY SOME LAVENDER IN THE BATH…MAY HELP WITH THE INSOMMNIA.
I EVENTUALLY DRIFTED OFF THIS AFTERNOON…FEELING A BIT BETTER FOR IT.
HOPE U R EATING WELL.NEED 2 KEEP UR STRENGTH UP.HOPE THE BOY IS SPOILING U
SHARON.HOW YA DOING NOO? LET US KNOW WHAT TYPE OF SCOFF U HAVE 2 NIGHT? I AM A FOOD JUNKIE.LIKE 2 EXPERIMENT ALOT WITH THE GRUB…ROLL ON MY APPETITE COMING BACK
JO.,.HOWS THE ARM NOW.TAKE IT EASY WITH THE EXERCISES
PX

Hi Pauline

Yeah the rads are a walk in the palk at the moment… not saying they will stay that way… I have someone going with me every day. Between Richard, his Mum and 2 friends I am all sorted. My parents live to far away to take me.

I slept ok last night, as I said before, I think is a bit of stress, fear of the unknown, wondering what was going to happen to me with Rads, at least I know there is nothing to worry about now.

Im eating fine… in fact too well. I really need to start thinking about dropping some weight!!

Angela

Hello girls…

Managed to sleep last night…lots of chamomile teas,and inhaling lavender…I was so pleased.It was on the couch as could not handle the bed…too warm still.Eating has improved too…2 trout fillets and super whole foods for brunch.Prawn curry 2 night me thinks…need 2 go easy though on that as not sure if mouth can handle it yet.

Angela,glad all is going well with the rads.Any plans 4 the weekend?
Are you looking forward 2 going back 2 work? I know its a long way off 4 me yet but I hope 2 go back to work maybe oct09…me & my planning.Also financial issues need to be well addressed.Ireckon unless we win the lottery we r going 2 struggle a bit.Told Tom he is going 2 be getting alot of pasta & rice.I could go back 2 being a veggie very easy.Got forms from various nures funds for some kind of financial help but the forms r designed 2 put people off.
Anyway,have a nice weekend & if I can make it on Tues I will.

Sharon,how ya going now?You r a tough cookie so just hang in thereHave you only got 1 more 2 go?Then you will be on a nice break b4 surgery…woohoo.
Jo…how is the arm?Did you get expanders or a flap?I am not sure what I will do.I dont have much fat 2 play about with & dread the thought of my back being used?Its maybe cause I worked in theatres b4 & was involved in major cases.
Have to go 4 genetic testing next week but result will take a while 2 come in.My tumour has reduced by 50% now & med team propose breast conservation surgery WLI but if results come back unfav then it would have to defo be mastectomy.I am not that keen about going 42 ops when 1 would have done.Oh what 2 do…
Have a nice weekend,Ru cracking open a nice bottle or 2?

Take care all

Love P XXXXX

Hi Pauline

Yeah the Rads are fine. Im going to my mum and dads this weekend. Its my dads birthday. We are heading to Anstruther for lunch first. Sould be nice.

I dont know if im looking forward to going back to work… I have been off for so long that I think its going to be a shock to the system. Im sure it will be fine, but you know… I could really do with winning the lottery, it would really make life easier!!

Hope you can make it on Tues…

Angela

Hi everyone

Visit to see my surgeon was good she is very happy with the way things are looking and so am I she is brill. We were discussing my nipple reconstruction which she will do after all my treatment. I would recommend Miss Whallets to any of you guys which have still to have your reconstruction I got a latis dorsi flap. I am soo glad a got a woman surgeon they understand alot more than the men and she is really nice to get on with.

I have not been feeling to good since Thurs night, had a sore throat but felt okay then through the night i had a fever and my bones were all sore, had to go to hospital to get checked over. they were good they check for everything, had chest xray and all my bloods done, came back i have a throat infection, so got sent home with anitbiotics, Thank god i didnt get kept in. They sid if i started to burn up again i had to come staight back. Spent all day in bed yesterday feeling a bit better today looks like another day in bed for me again, Luckily hubby is of the weekend, so he can run after the kids.

Hope all is well with you guys

lots of love jo xxx

Evening Jo…

Hope ur feeling alot better 2day.Hubby and kids ok?
Went out fot the first time today since the yew tree poisioning.Managed 2 stay out for a couple of hours.Was a bit shaky…but got there.
Feeling v.tired now,OH giving me dinner in bed…decadent.
Its getting alot milder outside…long may it continue.
Sleep well
PX

Hi everyone

Sorry not been on, I went to pals for few days as I really needed change of scenery. Wasn’t feeling too good on Frid night had to keep an eye on temp. Been feeling really drained also, no energy.

Table booked for Tues @ 1300 under Jenkins at Cafe Andaluz, St Vincent St.

I feel weird today, maybe just go to my bed

Hope everyone else feeling ok, Jo - hope your feeling better

Hugs xxxxxx

Hi

Sharon thats a shame your not feeling too good, Hope you get plenty of rest today.a

I have been in bed all weekend feeling like crap !!!
Feeling a bit better today bones are not as sore…

Hope eveyone else is ok

How was your lunch with your dad Angela did you have a good weekend away…

Will see you tomorrow

Lots of love

jo xxxx

Hi Girls
Sorry i’ve not been on, laptop was away at the doctors for a week my god you don’t realize how much you use it until its not there. Work was fine last week not too tired at night i am in on wed and fri from 9.30 til 2.30 and on thurs 9.30 til 5. I am sorry to hear some of you guys havn’t been feeling great hope you all feel better soon. I have just had first cmf this morning and so far feeling ok know that could quite easily change though.I will try to make it tomorrow if i feel ok have to get tyre changed in morning, second day back at work dropping kids at school hit kirb and burst tyre damn had to be same tyre had puncture in 3 weeks ago which had to be replaced.I HATE TYRES AHHHH costing me a fortune.

Hope to see you all tomomrrow take care
luv Tracy xxxxxx

Hi All

Hope you girls are feeling a little better. Sounds as though some of you are having a really hard time of it.

Mum and Dad live in Fife and my OHs sister is also in Fife, so we went to St Andrews to pick her up and drove through to Anstruther for a fish supper, then went through to see dad for his birthday. Landed up having a few drinks with dad and my sister… mum gave up and went to her bed and we landed up sitting up till 5.30am. God was i tired after that. It was nice to see my folks though.

Lookng forward to tomorrow. I have Rads in Glasgow at 10.05 tomorrow so will be in Glasgow twice tomorrow.

Sharon, I was going to jump on the train at 12.20 unless you want to get the earlier one?? I will be in the front carrage.

See you all tomorrow.

Angela

HI GIRLS…

STILL NO SIGN OF DN’S SO U SHALL ALL JUST HAVE 2 LET ME KNOW HOW U GOT ON @ LUNCH.MAKE SURE U HAVE A WEE DRINK.
HAVE FUN
PX

Hi girls

Pauline, sorry you missed lunch, we had a good few drinks, i had few too many. Stayed out late. You’ll just have to come to next one.

It was great to meet you Jo, all four of us had a laugh.
I had sore head today.

Hugs
Sharon xx

Morning everyone…

Hope u r all well. Glad u all enjoyed yourselves.Its very cold out there 2day…so keep warm
P XX

Been up since 7am, It’s freezing!!! and snow has just stopped here, hope spring is on it’s way soon xxxx

hi everyone

Feeling really tired was at a charity nite last nite so didnt get to bed until 1am also had a few wines…

hope you are all well

lol jo x